• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

I thought the hyperbole would calm down post Brexit, your claim is based on what?

I could counter by saying the 2 biggest economic decisions made this year were the new chair of the FCA and HS2 both of which your man Dom was allegedly against.
Shhhhh. There's no room for facts in indignant millennial world.

I thought the hyperbole would calm down post Brexit, your claim is based on what?

I could counter by saying the 2 biggest economic decisions made this year were the new chair of the FCA and HS2 both of which your man Dom was allegedly against.

Not a chance mate, he has been on a mission since the vote and has still not accepted he lost.

Sounds like you're already up to speed. Dom vs Javid. Unelected bureaucrat 1, elected MP 0.

Not a chance mate, he has been on a mission since the vote and has still not accepted he lost.

Hmmm. At least I have something different to say, rather than the same old same old. Brexit ain't done yet. Until it is, why can't we talk about it? It should be swept under the carpet like it never happened?

Sounds like you're already up to speed. Dom vs Javid. Unelected bureaucrat 1, elected MP 0.
That might have made sense if it weren't for the fact that Javid was heavily Remain and that his replacement isn't a Yes man but very capable in his own right.

That might have made sense if it weren't for the fact that Javid was heavily Remain and that his replacement isn't a Yes man but very capable in his own right.

I'm not sad to see Javid gone and would not have picked him as the martyr type.

His replacement however is such a yes man I'm surprised it's not tattooed on his forehead

Hasn't he only been in parliament for a short time? 24 months or so. For one of the most important offices of state, that is quite remarkable. Make no bones, this government all owe their political positions to Boris and Cummings, they don't have their own power base or political strength. They are yes men and women.

That is quite interesting. A strength and weakness of democratic government is it has to consider many sides - which can slow down and blunt governing/action imo. The most effective government is a benign (a harmless) dictator. But in this instance are Cummings-Boris benign? Javid would have kept tabs on spending, I suspect that will be less so now and you'll see a quite un-Tory like spend (at a time when public finances are being squeezed by you know what). This government won't be pushing back, which is often the role of a chancellor when governments ask for too much money.

If it wasn't for the harm that could be wrought by Brexit, I would be quite excited about this political setup (experiment) which gives Boris and his sidekick focused power. It is not something we have seen before.

But the following is a fair question: who is the second most powerful person after the PM? Traditionally you might say the Chancellor, today, most in the Tory party would say it is Cummings. An unelected bureaucrat.

Last edited:

Do you have some proof of that? Because all that I have heard from an individual that is very well connected within the Tory party would suggest otherwise.

Do you have some proof of that? Because all that I have heard from an individual that is very well connected within the Tory party would suggest otherwise.
He's been loudly outspoken with his own opinions both before and since joining government.

Hasn't he only been in parliament for a short time? 24 months or so. For one of the most important offices of state, that is quite remarkable. Make no bones, this government all owe their political positions to Boris and Cummings, they don't have their own power base or political strength. They are yes men and women.

That is quite interesting. A strength and weakness of democratic government is it has to consider many sides - which can slow down and blunt governing/action imo. The most effective government is a benign (a harmless) dictator. But in this instance are Cummings-Boris benign? Javid would have kept tabs on spending, I suspect that will be less so now and you'll see a quite un-Tory like spend (at a time when public finances are being squeezed by you know what). This government won't be pushing back, which is often the role of a chancellor when governments ask for too much money.

If it wasn't for the harm that could be wrought by Brexit, I would be quite excited about this political setup (experiment) which gives Boris and his sidekick focused power. It is not something we have not seen before.

But the following is a fair question: who is the second most powerful person after the PM? Traditionally you might say the Chancellor, today, most in the Tory party would say it is Cummings. An unelected bureaucrat.
I wouldn't listen to all the Cummings in power nonsense, that's just conspiracy theory for the people it suits to believe it.

Cummings appears to have power because he acts with Johnson's - he has none of his own

55 mins at the do-it-yourself passport booths? I call bs tbh, either that or he was just very unlucky and landed when a crap load of other flights did.

He's lucky it wasn't a day when they decided not to turn on the booths and just let everyone queue regardless.

I wouldn't listen to all the Cummings in power nonsense, that's just conspiracy theory for the people it suits to believe it.

Cummings appears to have power because he acts with Johnson's - he has none of his own

Javid said “no self respecting chancellor” would accept the position. What did that mean to you?

To most including people in the Tory party, it meant taking instruction from Cummings. Sacking all independent advisors and instead following Cummings vision.

This is the house that Dom built. Boris has the ability to be in front of the camera, but Cummings has the vision. Whilst exceptional getting campaign messaging right, we really have no idea how good he is in government - and make no mistake he is in government, probably the second/ most instructive person in the Uk government.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Javid said “no self respecting chancellor” would accept the position. What did that mean to you?

To most including people in the Tory party, it meant taking instruction from Cummings. Sacking all independent advisors and instead following Cummings vision.

This is the house that Dom built. Boris has the ability to be in front of the camera, but Cummings has the vision. Whilst exceptional getting campaign messaging right, we really have no idea how good he is in government - and make no mistake he is in government, probably the second/ most instructive person in the Uk government.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
It means what everyone (except conspiracy theorists) is saying in plain English: that Javid didn't want No10 in charge of No11.

Back