• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Spurs v Villa

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Is 'Granny' one of them? Hve fond memories of that poem. Made some cash off it too.

Through every nook and every cranny
The wind blew in on poor old Granny
Around her knees, into each ear
(And up nose as well, I fear)

All through the night the wind grew worse
It nearly made the vicar curse
The top had fallen off the steeple
Just missing him (and other people)

It blew on man, it blew on beast
It blew on nun, it blew on priest
It blew the wig off Auntie Fanny-
But most of all, it blew on Granny!

Spike Milligan

Through every nook and every cranny
The wind blew in on poor old Granny
Around her knees, into each ear
(And up nose as well, I fear)

All through the night the wind grew worse
It nearly made the vicar curse
The top had fallen off the steeple
Just missing him (and other people)

It blew on man, it blew on hunk of burning love
It blew on nun, it blew on priest
It blew the wig off Auntie Fanny-
But most of all, it blew on Granny!

Spike Milligan

Ed Sir
In bed Sir
Was dead Sir

We did well to beat Emirates Marketing Project in our last league match. We need to use that win to inspire us for the rest of the season. Villa are the sort of teams we need to beat home and away. We have a good record against Villa, winning our last 4 matches against them in all competitions. Despite us playing away against Villa in this match, we should aim to beat them. We don't have a good away record in the league this season. We need to make use of this win to improve our away record.

With Kane still out injured, we need to hope our other attacking players will get the goals for us. We really should be getting more goals from the likes of Son, Alli, Moura, Lo Celso and Lamela. Really wish Lo Celso and Lamela will be fit for this match. If they are not fit, then it is up to the others to inspire us. Son has been poor lately but still has been scoring lucky goals. Hope he will get a goal or two in this match. Moura scored a brilliant goal against Southampton in the FA Cup replay. He really should be scoring more goals like that. Alli too needs to concentrate on his football more.

Our midfield are still having big problems due to injury problems. Ndombele still seems to struggle with injuries while Sissoko are still out injured. Wish we had bought a defensive midfielder in the transfer window. Still not convinced of error-prone Dier and Winks. Not sure who will play in midfield in this match. Whoever Mourinho picks in midfield, they should work hard more to control the midfield.

Our defence have been error-prone this season. We have not kept many clean sheets all season. With due respect to Villa, it will be disappointing if we cannot keep the clean sheet in this match. Wish we can play Alderweireld and Vertonghen back together in defence. Lloris too should command our defence more to keep them concentrated all the time.

We have not had many easy matches this season. Can see this being another tough match for us. Villa are the only team yet to beat a top 6 team this season. That will motivate them to get that win against us. Let's hope we will turn up with the right team and mentality to beat Villa and move up the league table.

Everybody dance now!

Wish we can have all our players fully fit for this match. Villa are sure to make it hard for us. We need to get an early goal to help us settle down and then go for more goals to kill the game off. Let's hope we will put up a good performance and get a convincing win to get back into the top 4 race.

Lloris
Toby, Sanchez, Davies
Aurier, Winks, Ndombele, Lo Celso
Alli, Bergwijn
Son

I really want to see us play with Moura as an impact sub and get us an extra player in the middle.
......................Lloris
Aurier. Sanchez. Alderweireld. Davies.
............Lo Celso. Winks. Dele.
..........Lucas.......Son.......Bergwijn.

It will be interesting to see how Grealish damages our defence; if he has a blinder it will be very frustrating we didn't nab him in the summer BUT I don't want to start that circular debate again for the 4th time.

This is a big moment for us; win and we are riiiight up in the race for 5th with Cheatski next. Big moment. I seem to remember Villa doing well against us though; that 4-4 draw where our defence was an absolute shambles. That 1-1 draw where Kane scored a very lucky deflected freekick in the last seconds, which propelled him to stardom.

Everybody STOP any dancing NOW!

Wish we can have all our players fully fit for this match.NOT POSSIBLE .Villa are sure to make it hard for us. EVERYBODY DOES!!!This is the PL. We need to get an early goal to help us settle down and then go for more goals to kill the game off.REALLY??? We just NEED to win by hook or crook. Let's hope we will put up a good performance and get a convincing win to get back into the top 4 race.AMEN
Enjoy the game. I will be happy with a scrappy 1-0 win. You can start your dance after the win NOT before.

Lo Celso and Ndombele not starting? Big shame... big shame.
Dier is just a lumbering oaf at the moment.
i am Disappoint

Everybody STOP any dancing NOW!

Wish we can have all our players fully fit for this match.NOT POSSIBLE .Villa are sure to make it hard for us. EVERYBODY DOES!!!This is the PL. We need to get an early goal to help us settle down and then go for more goals to kill the game off.REALLY??? We just NEED to win by hook or crook. Let's hope we will put up a good performance and get a convincing win to get back into the top 4 race.AMEN
Enjoy the game. I will be happy with a scrappy 1-0 win. You can start your dance after the win NOT before.
Good use of colour.

Back