• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emirates Marketing Project

Whilst this is very (very) amusing, my first thought is it will be annoying if we finish 4th and Chelsea finish 5th :)

Hopefully we can use it as extra motivation though.
Was thinking it breathes new life in to the goons actually, reckon they’ll smash Saudi Sportswashing Machine this weekend now. Think they were on their arse mentally before this.

Whilst this is very (very) amusing, my first thought is it will be annoying if we finish 4th and Chelsea finish 5th :)

We'll finish third, City will go (even more) all out for the CL with nothing to play for in the league.

Was thinking it breathes new life in to the goons actually, reckon they’ll smash Saudi Sportswashing Machine this weekend now. Think they were on their arse mentally before this.

I could see them getting excited about it. However, they've been really bad recently, hopefully a loss to Saudi Sportswashing Machine will put them in their place.

We'll finish third, City will go (even more) all out for the CL with nothing to play for in the league.

Interesting point.

Also, if City win the CL then that would make a mockery of the FFP rules. They would have won it using illegal finances.

Hopefully they just implode on all fronts lol

My flabber will be well and truly ghasted if this is not rescinded or at least toned down to a jolly harsh fine with accompanying finger-wagging. It is hard to stick to your principles when you are getting wads of money shoved into your face.

Sadly i think you are probably right.

My flabber will be well and truly ghasted if this is not rescinded or at least toned down to a jolly harsh fine with accompanying finger-wagging. It is hard to stick to your principles when you are getting wads of money shoved into your face.

Wouldn't the appeal be to the CAS?

Sadly i think you are probably right.
The most surprising thing is that UEFA actually went through with the investigation, and given out a hard penalty. UEFA is the one we didn't think would dare to punish one of the bigger clubs.
The appeal will go to CAS, who have no incentive at all to rule in favour of City. Given what I know about the case, and I have read a lot about this, I can't see why CAS would rule against UEFA.

The most surprising thing is that UEFA actually went through with the investigation, and given out a hard penalty. UEFA is the one we didn't think would dare to punish one of the bigger clubs.
The appeal will go to CAS, who have no incentive at all to rule in favour of City. Given what I know about the case, and I have read a lot about this, I can't see why CAS would rule against UEFA.

Lets hope so.

Without going into the specifics of this case, my general impression of past CAS rulings on appeals against UEFA decisions is that they often uphold the UEFA decision but reduce the penalty. I wouldn't be surprised if CAS agreed with UEFA's findings but reduced the ban to 1 year.

There might be a chance here because rich as they are Emirates Marketing Project aren't one of the bigger clubs. They're not Madrid, Barca, Juve, Utd, etc, just imposters. Fingers crossed!

Agreed. I think this will stick; certainly for at least a year.

This is going to be a wind up isn't it? The appeal won't rule until after the season. Finish 5th and we might be on a knife-edge awaiting a judge's verdict.

Back