• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Mighty Spurs v South Coast Big Club FA Cup 4th Round Replay

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Shane Long is a clam.
While JWP was in trouble, all Long was doing was whinging to the ref about it. Everyone could see it was a pure accident, even their players were consoling Sessegnon.
But Long stands right over JWP and shouts at the ref "fudge me, you can see his fudging bone"
I'm sure that really helped to comfort his injured team mate.
clam.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....prowse-injury-oxygen-spurs-long-reaction/amp/

Just shows how open to interpretation these decisions are. I’ve watched the replays multiple times and think it’s definitely not a pen - his arm just seems to brush/slap his thigh - doesn’t look like a pull to me, and certainly not enough contact to impede Son.

That constitutes a penalty now, we've had them given against us enough times. Son has knocked the ball past the keeper and is going past him. The keeper reaches out across Son and makes contact with his thigh.

That constitutes a penalty now, we've had them given against us enough times. Son has knocked the ball past the keeper and is going past him. The keeper reaches out across Son and makes contact with his thigh.

You say ‘that constitutes a penalty now’, but my point is that the rules/guidance aren’t clear enough to rule out different interpretations.

Did they review it? Looked sketchy to me.

Why our are own fans like this? think he was giving Son a handjob?

mn15vc3nl6f41.jpg

Thought Son was pretty poor overall, can’t believe he got the official MOTM!

definite pen, he had to hurdle his legs then got tugged off! Obviously Son didn’t need asking twice to go over but the pen was clear as day.

dele was really lively when he came on, best he’s played for weeks.

Loved Gedsen’s cameo as well, didn’t put a foot wrong.

Moura looked lively, had a good game but tends to take the wrong option after getting himself in great positions. If he could improve that he’d be a real weapon.

Thought Son was pretty poor overall, can’t believe he got the official MOTM!

definite pen, he had to hurdle his legs then got tugged off! Obviously Son didn’t need asking twice to go over but the pen was clear as day.

dele was really lively when he came on, best he’s played for weeks.

Loved Gedsen’s cameo as well, didn’t put a foot wrong.

Moura looked lively, had a good game but tends to take the wrong option after getting himself in great positions. If he could improve that he’d be a real weapon.
Moura's goal was a thing of beauty. Gets my vote for that.

You say ‘that constitutes a penalty now’, but my point is that the rules/guidance aren’t clear enough to rule out different interpretations.

I think that would be given 8 times out of 10 now. VAR was in use last night and didn't overturn the refs decision.

One replay magnified the moment their keeper's hand reached out and half- grabbed, half-whipped at Son's thigh to pull him down. It may not have been much and it did look like Son was already going down, possibly either diving in anticipation of the contact, or maybe he was already losing his balance, who knows.

But once deliberate contact like that is seen, refs are likely going to give the pen.

I think that would be given 8 times out of 10 now. VAR was in use last night and didn't overturn the refs decision.

You may be right. I think we're talking at cross purposes though - the focus of my attempted point is less that this specific instance shouldn't have been given as a pen, and more that in general I think the written laws of the game are unhelpfully unclear and subject to interpretation. Maybe referees would be somewhat consistent in considering the Son instance enough contact to be a penalty - I just wish that could be based on clear written rules that everyone had access to, rather than a seemingly vague concept of recent precedent. Especially in the age of VAR, where events can be more scrutinised before making a decision.

Back