• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Mighty Spurs v South Coast Big Club FA Cup 4th Round Replay

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rode our luck and shows we haven't quite turned the corner yet but in the cup all that matters is getting the win

Whatever the result ended up being tonight we shouldn't draw too many conclusions as we had just two fit attacking players. This would be bad enough in itself but it also magnifies the issue of having no striker.

Hopefully now after the mini break the only meaningful absentee will be kane and also the others have no more niggles.

Whatever the result ended up being tonight we shouldn't draw too many conclusions as we had just two fit attacking players. This would be bad enough in itself but it also magnifies the issue of having no striker.

Hopefully now after the mini break the only meaningful absentee will be kane and also the others have no more niggles.

That would be fine if tonight was a one off, but it's not. Teams are cutting through us almost at will.
This squad needs a lot of work.

Rode our luck again. Not sure how long we can keep doing that and coming out on top.
First half especially was just plain awful.
Dele made the difference.
Godson looked good.
Of the starting 11 - Winks did OK. As did Sessegnon once he grew into the game.
Verts looked totally dejected, even broken, as he trudged off. Sad to see.
Oh well we live to fight another round. But it wasn’t pretty by any means.

Last edited:
Interesting that he says he knew in the first half that he had to go to a back 4... but he had to wait because Dele was not ready for more than 45 minutes...
I suppose that is good i.e. he recognised that we needed to go to a back 4.

But I expected him to just do it anyway e.g. put Jan at left back and put Sessegnon higher up. Or Tanganga left back... we had the players to make the change to a back 4. Without Dele.

He was looking for it but it was a clear penalty. The keeper pulled at him.

Just shows how open to interpretation these decisions are. I’ve watched the replays multiple times and think it’s definitely not a pen - his arm just seems to brush/slap his thigh - doesn’t look like a pull to me, and certainly not enough contact to impede Son.

Got to say, the ball from Dele was fantastic - but I think Son has been poor, and that Pen for me was a complete dive. I know they all throw themselves at the floor but that was a bad decision

Did they review it? Looked sketchy to me.

Fair play to Dele, he took the game to them and it was only after he came on that Moura started dropping deep and spinning off his marker.

The 352 fudged us in fairness. They were constantly overloading us in midfield; we were completely reactive.

We honestly do look like one of the worst coached teams in the league at times, failing to create a spare man for throws whilst our opponents do it with ease.

NB: The throw in thing is just one example

Rode our luck again. Not sure how long we can keep doing that and coming out on top.
First half especially was just plain awful.
Dele made the difference.
Godson looked good.
Of the starting 11 - Winks did OK. As did Sessegnon once he grew into the game.
Verts looked totally dejected, even broken, as he trudged off. Sad to see.
Oh well we live to fight another round. But it wasn’t pretty by any means.

Vertonghen looked like a man whose treasured little puppy had just been flattened by a W3. Squeezed out, from the tail up, pop! We will either find out what that was all about, eventually, or ... not.

Last edited:
‘Another day off for the guys’

I’ll accept that post match interview, clearly we are struggling with niggles and fitness and it’s refreshing that he explained everything.

The team could have dropped their heads at 2-1 but decided no and fought valiantly.

I’ll accept this along with hoping sometime in the near future, we have more numbers, better fitness and mentality wise we’re more up for it.

I don’t think it’s healthy for us to keep feeling sorry for ourselves for a prolonged period of time.

Fair play to Dele, he took the game to them and it was only after he came on that Moura started dropping deep and spinning off his marker.

The 352 fudged us in fairness. They were constantly overloading us in midfield; we were completely reactive.

We honestly do look like one of the worst coached teams in the league at times, failing to create a spare man for throws whilst our opponents do it with ease.

NB: The throw in thing is just one example

It’s hard to argue with this, my biggest annoyance is it always looks so difficult for us to string 4 plus passes together, but my biggest gripe is how many times it goes back to Lloris due to a lack of dynamic movement, heck just showing yourself for a pass.

I know I should be feeling far more positive, we have some highly rated young players amongst the most promising in Europe...

Sanchez, Sessegnon, Lo Celso, Jadson, Deli, Winks, japhet our of nowhere Tanganga...
Should be feeling buzzing about our potential and future...

yet it’s hard to be upbeat when all season we’ve played devoid of confidence and stuck in second gear.

Back