• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serge Aurier

It's about have a system that manages a "limited" player, for me Serge under Jose is no different than watching Trippier under Simeone, if you had no history of either player you would a very different impression than their reputation.

People rave about Wolves and Pool players, most of them are not all round great players, it's players that have a role to play in a system and the system does not expose their personal weaknesses as much, just good coaching.
I agree, but I also think the frequency of stupid mistakes has gone down whilst his end product has improved. That's not just other players and him finding the right role.

Somewhat interesting that Sissoko was getting a lot of credit on here at least for being the one to cover for Aurier, but Aurier has looked a lot better after Sissoko was injured and without a dedicated babysitter.

I agree, but I also think the frequency of stupid mistakes has gone down whilst his end product has improved. That's not just other players and him finding the right role.

Somewhat interesting that Sissoko was getting a lot of credit on here at least for being the one to cover for Aurier, but Aurier has looked a lot better after Sissoko was injured and without a dedicated babysitter.

The timing with Jose overlaps that, so hard to tell definitively

The timing with Jose overlaps that, so hard to tell definitively
He was poor defensively for the start of Jose’s era and had sissoko playing RB more than him (the beat maps how that)
Now he doesn’t have that cover he stays more disciplined defensively. That’s a combination of coaching and him doing him job well

I think that if City had scored their penalty and we'd gone on to lose the game, Aurier would (rightfully) be getting far more criticism for his mistake on this forum.

(I agree he has got better recently, but unfortunately the City game has reinforced my belief that he will never rid of himself of moments of stupidity).

I am sure that we will thank him at the end is season and look for an upgrade. Hopefully we will have our money back 25 M £ please.

Will be interesting to see what happens with the full backs in the future. You could make a case we need a new LB and a RB but I guess it depends if Jose likes Ben Davies or not.

Thought he was awful under Poch, but credit to him he seems to have been playing well under Jose However his positioning seemed well off tonight constantly drifting infield and leaving a massive space for the opposition.

The little break has seemingly done him no good at all. Back to his consistent inconsistent self in the last two games.

Hopefully just a short blip this time around and he'll be back to his best against Chelsea.

BBC London radio commentary piled into him for allowing Venegra(?) to get away from him way too easily and get the cross in for the goal. Tanganga and Dier also got it in the neck for sloppy defending.

Back