• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

Interesting that Alli keeps getting subbed.
He had an OK game, not sure if he is happy not being the main man.

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

He was clearly struggling with his ankle

Steven, Sonny and Hugo may well take the headlines, but Dele epitomised the team’s work ethic. Injured after just 12 minutes, he battled on for the best part of another hour before finally giving way.

“Dele wanted to stay,” said Jose. “I think he was brave. He wanted to give everything to the team. He tried, but there are limits and he reached his limit.

He always looked likely to be coming off...was not moving freely from the start of the second half.

Whether it was the injury or not, he looked completely shattered. Leggy getting back to his feet; hunched, heavy body-language before tracking back. Just generally short of a bit of sharpness.

In that kind of game it'll always be exposed exponentially. And even though he's been subbed of late, the guy has started an awful lot of games. And no surprise that he's tailed off a bit since Jose came in now Harry is out and he's being told to play deeper.

He did follow it by saying that no one is going to give us one and we have to keep working if we are going to win something eventually.
Doesn’t make such a good story if you use all the quotes though does it!

Can’t believe some fans still get suckered in by this sort of reporting without checking what was actually said before criticizing!

Sorry but winks was very good IMO
He was breaking lines with his runs and his passing was progressive... let down by his midfield partners

I disagree that he were making runs and that he's passing had been progressive, IMO he was looking lost and along with Eriksen was hiding , but fair enough we see what we see ..

Regarding the part of your post I've bolded, there's a lot of truth in that. I know he's young but in the position he plays, he has to put his stamp on the game - if things are not going well, then a bit of hollering and balling is needed by him.

Despite the fact that we've been dominated by the both City and Southampton for large parts of the games, I'd say he's been better in the two games - a willingness to take on the responsibility of the CM position. Talking , pointing , pushing others on, was being like a midfield general..I'm hopeful Jose will get it out of him..

Dele did a lot of dirty work first-half. He was excellent, supremely disciplined. He helped us sit tight and keep shape, bring them in, rope-dope them if you will (like Ali used to Muhummad!)...Eriksen’s been like that for a year. If you’re surprised by now then I’m surprised. Had we not had white stick day with our chances the game management would’ve been lauded.

No qualms on my part regarding the graft of Dele and like I've already stated he don't hide..

The Ali rope a dope tactic seems to be in full effect in recent games ... Chess without bishops and Queens he says ...

I disagree that he were making runs and that he's passing had been progressive, IMO he was looking lost and along with Eriksen was hiding , but fair enough we see what we see ..

Regarding the part of your post I've bolded, there's a lot of truth in that. I know he's young but in the position he plays, he has to put his stamp on the game - if things are not going well, then a bit of hollering and balling is needed by him.

Despite the fact that we've been dominated by the both City and Southampton for large parts of the games, I'd say he's been better in the two games - a willingness to take on the responsibility of the CM position. Talking , pointing , pushing others on, was being like a midfield general..I'm hopeful Jose will get it out of him..
Factually he is very progressive in his passing. There are enough heat maps out there to show that

dele isn’t a progressive passer and again the evidence of his failings over that is there

but his passing was very good mid week and that’s something that was a big improvement on previous games

Factually he is very progressive in his passing. There are enough heat maps out there to show that

dele isn’t a progressive passer and again the evidence of his failings over that is there

but his passing was very good mid week and that’s something that was a big improvement on previous games

Dele is one of the rare talents who can do several things. I read a whole troupe of experts saying he couldn’t pass over 10 yards a week ago. Ha. He can when he is in the position to play those passes, he equally has the talent and discipline to do what is necessary and not try those when in appropriate.

I'm a huge fan of Dele but he's frustratingly inconsistent. He goes from 9/10 one week to 3/10 the next, best player on the pitch to the worst.

If only Jose knew which would turn up he would know whether to pick or drop him.

He needs a few 6 or 7/10 games to build momentum...and to get critics off his back.

Our local charcuterie has a passageway up the side leading to the entrance from the street. We call it the deli alley.

Consider my coat got.

Back