• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

Eriksen did more defending than any other player who has played in the 3 in our 4-2-3-1. Defending isn't just about going in for tackles.

Every week I watch us and see the opposing full back push forward and Son/Dele/Moura look at them pushing on and not make the sprint to go and cover that run, I never saw that from Eriksen. Get your shape right in defence, with every player taking care of his direct opponent and you tend to defend well, goals generally come from teams creating numerical overloads. I would much rather all of my attacking midfield players took this responsibility than do so when they choose but go in for the odd 50-50.

I could not agree more about Eriksen and his defending, some fans get excited about going to ground and throwing themselves into tackles ( Eriksen never did). But on most occasions players who make a habit of throwing themselves into tackles ( Rose is a good example) do so because they have got themselves into poor positions, misread the flow of the game and got themselves into wrong shape.

You think Dele's defending is excellent? I'm sorry mate, I disagree, his defending isn't even passable, Eriksen did way more defensively just with ground covered and reading the ball (he intercepted a lot more than people gave him credit for)

- Dele at his best makes runs beyond Kane, finds or makes space, can either finish or provide final pass and uses movement off the ball to disrupt the opposition
- Regular Dele is often giving the ball away (tries brick flicks/nutmegs at inappropriate times, runs into a wall of defenders and fudges up 10 yard passes), isn't a tackler (see Lo Celso & Lamela for AMs that tackle) and disappears for large parts of the game

Dele has always been a player that can have a brick 85 minutes and then pops up with something special, the problem is until we sort out our FBs, DM and midfield in general, plus have a way of scoring goals, passengers for 85 minutes is too much of a luxury.

Jose will chose, but I wouldn't play him against City ..

I could not disagree more. You have just made Dele look like a flashy pub footballer without tools. If that is GENUINELY what you see, then so be it. I have seen several tight games collapse after Alli -playing in a deeper role/ was withdrawn. It goes to show that people cannot accept him playing anywhere other than where he is best (something in the ideal world we all want to see but is not always possible), and simply write him off as being poor because of that.

so I see some quotes today thay say Jose knew Eriksen had limitations of a player that wants to leave. So it begs the question. Why did you continue to play him? I really want to know that. It just piled up the vitriol towards him.

so I see some quotes today thay say Jose knew Eriksen had limitations of a player that wants to leave. So it begs the question. Why did you continue to play him? I really want to know that. It just piled up the vitriol towards him.

Because Eriksen at 50% was/is better than Winks, Dier, Skipp?

He also needed to buy time to get N'dombele and Lamela fit, Lo Celso up to speed.

I think it's pretty obvious Jose has and probably will do a bigger clear out than Poch. The biggest success of this Window for me is Rose and Eriksen out, really wish we got rid of Wanyama (nothing against him) so we would have no one that doesn't really have a place in the squad. For someone who went on about energy and commitment it was odd Poch never got Rose out a season ago ..

He also needed to buy time to get N'dombele and Lamela fit, Lo Celso up to speed.

I think it's pretty obvious Jose has and probably will do a bigger clear out than Poch. The biggest success of this Window for me is Rose and Eriksen out, really wish we got rid of Wanyama (nothing against him) so we would have no one that doesn't really have a place in the squad. For someone who went on about energy and commitment it was odd Poch never got Rose out a season ago ..
Because he liked him. Poch loved Rose it was Levy who wanted him gone

and wayama may still go

I could not disagree more. You have just made Dele look like a flashy pub footballer without tools. If that is GENUINELY what you see, then so be it. I have seen several tight games collapse after Alli -playing in a deeper role/ was withdrawn. It goes to show that people cannot accept him playing anywhere other than where he is best (something in the ideal world we all want to see but is not always possible), and simply write him off as being poor because of that.

Dele has all the tools, he honestly does not concentrate properly (sometime I genuinely think the game is too easy for him) and he fluffs easy passes/chances, he has had an amazing affect at the ghost striker role, he is a mediocre player deeper in midfield. He's pulled it off in the occasional game but I don't think you will find many that will agree with you than Dele can play a role deeper in midfield at this level consistently.

He is a luxury player (and I like luxury players), I'm not sure if he doesn't contribute significantly offensively Jose will have much patience.

You don’t score 50+ in prem by Alli age without having something you have to manage it sure but that’s the job.

Jose has to earn his corn now, is what it is, let’s see this world class Jose coach this lot into a system that works.

Dele has all the tools, he honestly does not concentrate properly (sometime I genuinely think the game is too easy for him) and he fluffs easy passes/chances, he has had an amazing affect at the ghost striker role, he is a mediocre player deeper in midfield. He's pulled it off in the occasional game but I don't think you will find many that will agree with you than Dele can play a role deeper in midfield at this level consistently.

He is a luxury player (and I like luxury players), I'm not sure if he doesn't contribute significantly offensively Jose will have much patience.

As I have consistently said Raziel, we ALL agree that his best position is off the front man (who is currently injured but, hey, you know what I mean). What I have also consistently said is that Dele is one of the fee players we have who can play a couple of different roles (Dier is another) and as with any “potential utility” player, they do suffer judgement for that. I get tired of hearing how “mediocre” his defensive play is. Against Liverpool it was superb, he was disciplined and excellent in the role he was asked to play.
Again, we have lost several games after he has left the field in the last 12 months. We agree to disagree?!!!

As for your comments re Poch and Rose...really? Is that a path worth taking?

Poch wanted Rose moved on. He left him out of the pre-season tour but Levy couldn't shift him.

I agree with you on that. But once he couldn’t shift him he brought him fully back into the fold very quickly. Whereas Mourinho seems to have sidelined him recently, which might have convinced Rose that he had to leave. (When Poch was here Rose explicitly said (with more than a hint of stubbornness and grievance towards Levy) that he would see out his whole contract because the manager still supported him (or words to that effect). Whereas he’s now moved on very quickly once Jose seems to have sidelined him. Though obviously that couldn’t have happened before January, so who knows - maybe Poch would have done the same if he was still here).

I agree with you on that. But once he couldn’t shift him he bought him fully back into the fold very quickly. Whereas Mourinho seems to have sidelined him recently, which might have convinced Rose that he had to leave. (When Poch was here Rose explicitly said (with more than a hint of stubbornness and grievance towards Levy) that he would see out his whole contract because the manager still supported him (or words to that effect). Whereas he’s now moved on very quickly once Jose seems to have sidelined him. Though obviously that couldn’t have happened before January, so who knows - maybe Poch would have done the same if he was still here).

I'm not saying that he handled it (or rather Levy) well. I think that his position throughout the summer was that he wanted players gone but also wanted to remain on side with them in case he needed to work with them if they weren't sold. I think that was one of the contributing factors in our poor form this season.

None of those should be competing for a place in Eriksens role.

They didn’t and don’t
Eriksen competed with Lamela to a point and that’s about it... he had no competition

That has been our main problem, Eriksen is/was a great player but we had to relie on him in every game as we had no one who could give us what he could. So when he was having a quite/poor time we never looked the same side, let's hope with the new players we have brought in since the summer we can have better options.

I'm not saying that he handled it (or rather Levy) well. I think that his position throughout the summer was that he wanted players gone but also wanted to remain on side with them in case he needed to work with them if they weren't sold. I think that was one of the contributing factors in our poor form this season.

Yeah agreed. And to Poch's credit I think he did manage to do that in previous seasons. I think doing it again this season was just a step too far unfortunately, both for him and for the players.

Oh well, I'm glad these players are finally leaving - better late than never!

Back