• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lucas Moura

To be fair to Moura, he puts in a good shift and would probably be a less bad fullback than Son!

6020C98C-FF89-4673-9247-04A1443C64F5.jpeg

Meanwhile Son continues to be more a scorer of great goals than a great goal scorer and despite averaging more shots per game this season he’s hit the back of the net barely half as much as Kane... hopefully he’s due his annual hot streak soon...

D1963FD1-048C-41D3-BD49-DE92CBF445F5.jpeg

Moura is a decent squad player to have. I prefer him playing wide on the wright as opposed to playing as the CF. I think he would work pretty well in a classic 4-3-3 but (just as I do with Son on the left) I have reservations about the awareness/responsibility of tracking the runs of the opposition's full back.

I agree he is not suited to playing at CF and is better playing wide, unlike you i do not have reservations about him helping defend though, for me he works his socks off every time he plays.

To be fair he is better on the air than a LOT of players

but he seems to be the new spacegoat for some as clearly he isn’t cutting it as a centre forward
I agree. He has an incredible leap. I would love to see his standing jump numbers.

I do find it puzzling though that we still seem to be playing so much long ball without an outlet, we either have too many players uncomfortable in possession to play through the opposition's press, players in our midfield hiding from wanting the ball or some very strange tactics from the manager.

I agree. He has an incredible leap. I would love to see his standing jump numbers.

I do find it puzzling though that we still seem to be playing so much long ball without an outlet, we either have too many players uncomfortable in possession to play through the opposition's press, players in our midfield hiding from wanting the ball or some very strange tactics from the manager.
The problem in any set up is you need to use the players you have to maximise their strengths
Our current tactics don’t lend themselves to Moura strength but you can’t knock his effort
I do wonder why we haven’t tried Dele up top

It was a great spot and a good pass, but at an awkward height; no striker wants to receive the ball at chest height... but somehow Bergwijn used his massive pecs to knock it downwards onto the volley.

Looked like he has really picked up on what Jose wants from a tactical point of view. He linked very well with the midfield, peeled off at the right times and dribbled through the middle of Villa with ease. I don't think he really put a foot wrong and defended with energy. Really happy for him as he looked like the weakest link in our front three, but against Southampton and today he's done everything we could ask.

Looked like he has really picked up on what Jose wants from a tactical point of view. He linked very well with the midfield, peeled off at the right times and dribbled through the middle of Villa with ease. I don't think he really put a foot wrong and defended with energy. Really happy for him as he looked like the weakest link in our front three, but against Southampton and today he's done everything we could ask.
Agreed. Really looks to be developing nicely, and the current style perhaps suits him better.

Thought his work between the lines today was the best I can remember seeing from him.

He’s been excellent recently, under Jose where he starts every game. His control and ability to drive towards the opposition goal is refreshing when so many others pass back or sideways. If Moura, Son and Alli could just learn to pass to each other a bit better they’d be ample cover for Kane. Talking of which, when’s he likely to be back?

I agree, he has been used as a CF over the last few weeks and he is not suited to it. Yesterday he drifted over the pitch and looked a real threat.

His ability to receive balls from defence, hold it up, turn and run, is borderline crazy.

He can turn on a sixpence and he's no pussy either. Jose has turned him into a force to be reckoned with. Poch really just used him as a sub which seemed right at the time. I know Son's getting the goals but at the moment Moura is our best attacker. If he could just sort out the final pass or get more shots on target he'd be Hazardesque.

His ability to receive balls from defence, hold it up, turn and run, is borderline crazy.

He can turn on a sixpence and he's no pussy either. Jose has turned him into a force to be reckoned with. Poch really just used him as a sub which seemed right at the time. I know Son's getting the goals but at the moment Moura is our best attacker. If he could just sort out the final pass or get more shots on target he'd be Hazardesque.

I'll have what you're smoking

Sell in the summer. Sooo inconsistent, infuriating when you consider what he can produce.

Wouldn’t even consider selling. Not saying he should be automatic first choice but does scores far more in big games than any other midfielder we have and can stay fit which a lot of our players can’t manage. Scored away against Emirates Marketing Project, Liverpool, United, Barca and Ajax. Can’t name a single player who has matched that for us.

Back