• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer window thread.

I like Giroud and would welcome him at Spurs, however question why he would make the move.

Its not as if we'll pay him more, and realistically when Kane is fit he'd just be swapping their bench for ours

I guess he's currently third choice at Chelsea, whereas here he'd be second choice (and first choice for most of the rest of this season).

So now we have signed GLC permanently, Gedson and now the Dutch lad, do people think we will realistically sign anyone else in this transfer window?

Is there any real information to backup Giroud rumour?

I thought you started the rumour on here and then News Now picked it up on a feed, and then the ITK's started tweeting it so they didn't look out of the loop and then a national picked it up from them and now we are all talking about it on here and Mou is asking Daniel what time is his medical booked for.

So now we have signed GLC permanently, Gedson and now the Dutch lad, do people think we will realistically sign anyone else in this transfer window?

Yes, Jose wants a striker and I do think we are looking at a DM option. Add in we actually have 2 days left with really only Rose out to confirm, I can see something else happening.

Since half this board was convinced we would sign fudge all, Levy is skint and we never sign anyone in January, clear to say, no one is ITK here.

I thought you started the rumour on here and then News Now picked it up on a feed, and then the ITK's started tweeting it so they didn't look out of the loop and then a national picked it up from them and now we are all talking about it on here and Mou is asking Daniel what time is his medical booked for.

it wasn’t a big shock let’s put that way, it was just logical imho

We have done well this window given the options out there.

Now that piatek has been a bellend and not told milan he would only join us and therefore he’s off to berlin, I think we should shelve ideas of getting a striker. The other options are short term old men. I’d rather we went with Son who is more than capable in the role short term. Harry is a miracle man and medical practices have moved on - he will be back in a little over two months.

I would leave our business at that save getting either soumare in if possible or bringing in aarons now so he can get used to the club before next season. Of course either would also help us significantly for the remainder of the campaign and may even tip the balance in our attempts to catch chelsea.

Giroud is more Saha than Llorente - or at least would be in 6 months time according to the perfect hindsight of this board. I'm with AjaxDeSuperYids - if we can't get a decent striker then let us not bother with someone who was super sub ( who we want as a 2 month starter) but isn't even that now.

We have done well this window given the options out there.

Now that piatek has been a bellend and not told milan he would only join us and therefore he’s off to berlin, I think we should shelve ideas of getting a striker. The other options are short term old men. I’d rather we went with Son who is more than capable in the role short term. Harry is a miracle man and medical practices have moved on - he will be back in a little over two months.

I would leave our business at that save getting either soumare in if possible or bringing in aarons now so he can get used to the club before next season. Of course either would also help us significantly for the remainder of the campaign and may even tip the balance in our attempts to catch chelsea.

We're not going to go with Son short term, Mourinho has tried and rejected this option quickly in favour of Moura, the same as Poch did most recently.

Sturridge? Currently at Trabzonspor, not on crazy wages, and apparently he's available for around £4m.

Just sayin'...

We're not going to go with Son short term, Mourinho has tried and rejected this option quickly in favour of Moura, the same as Poch did most recently.

He may revisit the idea considering Lucas’ poor performances during his extended run in the position and also Lucas was very vocal when Poch left that he is not comfortable playing up there.

Furthermore Son has a history in previous seasons of doing the role well. That coupled with the arrival of Bergwijn, a predominantly wide left forward, may free Son to go up top once again.

Out of interest which games has Son played as the main forward for Mourinho? Genuinely cant remember but it must be a small sample size in comparison to all those games in previous seasons that he has done it with relative success.

He may revisit the idea considering Lucas’ poor performances during his extended run in the position and also Lucas was very vocal when Poch left that he is not comfortable playing up there.

Furthermore Son has a history in previous seasons of doing the role well. That coupled with the arrival of Bergwijn, a predominantly wide left forward, may free Son to go up top once again.

Out of interest which games has Son played as the main forward for Mourinho? Genuinely cant remember but it must be a small sample size in comparison to all those games in previous seasons that he has done it with relative success.

Son rotated with Moura playing CF in the first games after Kane was injured but this stopped pretty quickly.

I think that you need to ask why both Mourinho and Poch abandoned this? I agree that Moura has been in poor form but he is more comfortable playing with his back to goal than Son and he is better in the air. I don't think that Son is suited to leading the line in a Mourinho side.

Either Son needs a rest or a wakeup call, I have not been pleased with his decision making and I personally hope it is due to fatigue. Same for Moura. Bergwijn gives another option to rotate the forwards but we really do need another strong physical forward. Son/Moura are too light weight

Back