• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serge Aurier

Will take a lot more to convince me he's not eternally inconsistent, but the last month really has been a lot better. Mourinho doing his thing?

I would like to think that has a lot to do with it, he does seem to lack concentration at times but i think there are a few fans who made their mind up about him early doors and refuse to change that view. I still hear the cry about the game he made 3 Foul throws, jesus how long ago was that.

He hasn't changed anything, other than Aurier playing a bit higher up the pitch. Aurier has been pretty good consistently, but some refuse to accept that, because he has a non-documented history of being inconsistent and rash. Which isn't true when you compare him with other players.

I don’t manage my opinions by reputations. I use my own eyes and see what I see. Currently, that has been that he is most certainly in a very decent run of form and has upped his focus levels. It is also very clear that the recent CBs have suited him.

I don’t manage my opinions by reputations. I use my own eyes and see what I see. Currently, that has been that he is most certainly in a very decent run of form and has upped his focus levels. It is also very clear that the recent CBs have suited him.
We've had the same CB'S for almost a decade.

We've had the same CB'S for almost a decade.

Alderweireld and Vertonghen were together again at CB last night; this has not happened too often this season due to injuries/Verts being at LB. Tanganga came in and allowed Aurier to do what he is decent at with the security of covering him every inch of the way. I know you are viewing this "discussion" as a "right or wrong" situation, but there are some facts that line-up here. Notably that he has unquestioned ability, unquestioned brain-fartage, that his brain-fartage appears to have dissipated greatly in the last few weeks and that we have had more secure CBs recently than usual (as you half-correctly pointed out, the pairing which served us so well for several seasons - not 'almost a decade'). I suppose you will now say that his improvement is all on Mourinho, and in fairness, it would be a decent shout. I still believe that when he has the budget, he will immediately upgrade on Aurier and that no "big" team will be in for him. But to end on a positive note, again, well done to Serge for his recent really strong performances!

Well, in the absence of any further negative commentary, here's a look at some interesting stats Aurier is putting up this season.

Apparently, he's second best player in the Premier League with 2.6 tackles per game, amongst those with more than 1,000 minutes playing time.
He's also fourth best in the league for successful crosses at 0.95 per game. And amongst players who've logged more than 1,500 minutes this season, he's fourth in chances created at 1.3 per game.

All of which are team bests with Spurs. All while retaining his boyish charm, enthusiasm and joie de vivre. So there critics. Take that.

Well, in the absence of any further negative commentary, here's a look at some interesting stats Aurier is putting up this season.

Apparently, he's second best player in the Premier League with 2.6 tackles per game, amongst those with more than 1,000 minutes playing time.
He's also fourth best in the league for successful crosses at 0.95 per game. And amongst players who've logged more than 1,500 minutes this season, he's fourth in chances created at 1.3 per game.

All of which are team bests with Spurs. All while retaining his boyish charm, enthusiasm and joie de vivre. So there critics. Take that.

When you say players, do you mean fullbacks? Here’s the top players in terms of chances created (key passes), and you can also see their number of successful crosses:

upload_2020-1-29_7-24-30.png

I don't think it's purely coincidental that his perfomances have improved the longer that Sissoko is out of the side. Maybe Sissoko presence clugging up the centre and the right were inhibiting him, because since his "shield" got injured (and a little before then) Aurier has been commanding the whole right hand side by himself and doing that well. [emoji848]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

I don't think it's purely coincidental that his perfomances have improved the longer that Sissoko is out of the side. Maybe Sissoko presence clugging up the centre and the right were inhibiting him, because since his "shield" got injured (and a little before then) Aurier has been commanding the whole right hand side by himself and doing that well. [emoji848]

Reaching, stretching? I'm not sure which one it is but it's definitely one of them:D

Oh no you’ve done it now, you have broken the second and third rule of GG.

Now go stand in the corner and repeat “Sissoko is good, Aurier is bad” until someone comes and takes you away

Well we gave played better football and we gave changed the team like you say
I’ve said it before but our reliance on players like sissoko and Lamela who can and gave done a job can’t help long term

It seems that whatever happens Serge will be here until the summer at least and presumably he will be first choice.

Good thing about that is that he is fortunately one that can up his game for the big ones, his early CL games were more than decent (bar the odd wild moment......).

Ideally the defense can get a bit more shape back and perhaps the team uses more of a wing back on the right to make it a bit less "danger zone", with Tangaga at RCB for example. Getting in the right positions I wouldn't put getting 4 / 5 goals or so.

Here's hoping he gets a run of consistency, and also when it comes to it at the very very least gets some competition for his spot in the summer! I think options do depend on relegations and maybe the odd contract we have an eye on.

But, but, but what about those three Foul throws in one game, stone him.;)

Reaching, stretching? I'm not sure which one it is but it's definitely one of them:D
Have we played better football? [emoji3514]
Does the midfield look better balanced? [emoji3514]
Is Winks starting to look like a footballer again? [emoji3514]
Have we conceded fewer goals?[emoji3514]
Has Aurier been playing well?[emoji3514]
Has Aurier needed babysitting [emoji3582]

Is Sissoko's absence the unifying factor? [emoji3514][emoji38]

Well Aurier has started to play better
Honestly don’t know if we’re conceding less but it feels like we are and less good chances too

Oh sorry....it was conflating. :D

He's definitely looked better in the last month. Those stats only tell part of the story. No stat for not tracking your man for example.

He's been so inconsistent it will take more to make me confident that he's turned the corner, but improvement is improvement and long may it last.

He's definitely looked better in the last month. Those stats only tell part of the story. No stat for not tracking your man for example.

He's been so inconsistent it will take more to make me confident that he's turned the corner, but improvement is improvement and long may it last.

It's about have a system that manages a "limited" player, for me Serge under Jose is no different than watching Trippier under Simeone, if you had no history of either player you would a very different impression than their reputation.

People rave about Wolves and Pool players, most of them are not all round great players, it's players that have a role to play in a system and the system does not expose their personal weaknesses as much, just good coaching.

Back