• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Steven Bergwijn

It is a good nickname - hope it is a bitter and difficult brew for our opponents to swallow.

It translates in Irish to Mountain Dew, so we can bring out The Dubliners:

Let grasses grow and waters flow in a free and easy way
But give me enough of the rare old stuff that's brewed near Galway Bay
Come policemen all from Donegal, Sligo and Leitrim too
Oh, we'll give them the slip and we'll take a sip
Of the rare old Mountain Dew
Hi di-diddly-idle-um, diddly-doodle-idle-um, diddly-doo-ri-diddlum-deh
Hi di-diddly-idle-um, diddly-doodle-idle-um, diddly-doo-ri-diddlum-deh

Not at all sure about this transfer, we don’t want to become a badly run club who keep buying the same positions over and over l, ignoring deficiencies and having an overloaded squad. We don’t want to be an Arsenal. That’s no slight on the player, I’m sure he’s very decent.

Not at all sure about this transfer, we don’t want to become a badly run club who keep buying the same positions over and over l, ignoring deficiencies and having an overloaded squad. We don’t want to be an Arsenal. That’s no slight on the player, I’m sure he’s very decent.
Currently we have only two players who are good enough to play as wide forwards and one of those is also our back up centre-forward. If a player becomes available who is good enough for our squad then it is prudent to sign them as long as the finances don't leave us short for a priority position. Previously I was worried that we didn't have the cash available for the squad upgrades that the club needs, us going for Bergwin has eased my fears somewhat as there is no way that Mourinho would be sanctioning 30 odd million for this player if it affected him being able to fill the HUGE defensive midfield hole that we have in our squad.

From some of the clips I've seen, it feels as though Jose is lining us up even further to be a counter-attacking side.
We've seen glimpses of it in games so far, even against those we should be dominating.
He's utilizing the pace of Son / Moura with the quick-thinking of Lo Celso. Potentially Gedson fits this mould too as he has the legs to get into opposition box (seen that already in cameos).
Now the impending arrival of Bergwijn.

Jose doesn't seem to have much faith in our defense right now, so looks like he's dropping players back even deeper to help out, then hit on counter-attack to create chances.

Hopefully it's not a long-term goal, and something he's just using to answer problems in the short-term.

From some of the clips I've seen, it feels as though Jose is lining us up even further to be a counter-attacking side.
We've seen glimpses of it in games so far, even against those we should be dominating.
He's utilizing the pace of Son / Moura with the quick-thinking of Lo Celso. Potentially Gedson fits this mould too as he has the legs to get into opposition box (seen that already in cameos).
Now the impending arrival of Bergwijn.

Jose doesn't seem to have much faith in our defense right now, so looks like he's dropping players back even deeper to help out, then hit on counter-attack to create chances.

Hopefully it's not a long-term goal, and something he's just using to answer problems in the short-term.
Alternatively having fast aggressive players gives you a chance to be on the front foot and attack more

Back