• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Japhet Tanganga

I am starting to think I would really like to see him and Sanchez in the middle. Toby not getting any younger. Jan is leaving. Those two are strong and pacey. is it no coincidence that are average goals against has gone down to 1 now instead of 2 since Japhet came into the team? or is that just blind hope? ha

I am starting to think I would really like to see him and Sanchez in the middle. Toby not getting any younger. Jan is leaving. Those two are strong and pacey. is it no coincidence that are average goals against has gone down to 1 now instead of 2 since Japhet came into the team? or is that just blind hope? ha

sanchez still looks skittish
Tanganga looked much improved after just one game at left back. Excellent yesterday.

sanchez still looks skittish
Tanganga looked much improved after just one game at left back. Excellent yesterday.
I think that’s a good description of Sanchez. I’ve never been truly convinced he had the consistency to be a top centre half, although he has improved under Mourinho.

I think that’s a good description of Sanchez. I’ve never been truly convinced he had the consistency to be a top centre half, although he has improved under Mourinho.
I think Sanchez is a very good defender who has off days like everyone else. He has played well this season imo but not had much protection in front. His improvement though started under Poch imo.

I think Sanchez is a very good defender who has off days like everyone else. He has played well this season imo but not had much protection in front. His improvement though started under Poch imo.

tickle my balls with a feather and imo he takes a lot of unfair stick. Still only 23 and should improve as he gets older and i am sure he will be a regular player for us going forward.

Don’t disagree that the defence has been more exposed since Dembele and Wanyama were lost to us.
I’d love to be wrong I just think he looks uncomfortable on then ball and is awkward physically. When he first came and was playing in between Verts and Toby he looked a great prospect and then regressed perhaps as the overall performances did as he was more exposed in a 4.
I don’t recall any glaring errors under Mourinho nor being asked to play right back which I never understood under Poch.

Don’t disagree that the defence has been more exposed since Dembele and Wanyama were lost to us.
I’d love to be wrong I just think he looks uncomfortable on then ball and is awkward physically. When he first came and was playing in between Verts and Toby he looked a great prospect and then regressed perhaps as the overall performances did as he was more exposed in a 4.
I don’t recall any glaring errors under Mourinho nor being asked to play right back which I never understood under Poch.
He played right back when Aurier was injured and KWP deemed not good enough.

It's very pleasing to see another of our youth prospects pushing his way into the first team:

1) Saving us about £30m on some new player, OR bringing in £20m if we decided later on to sell him
2) It makes the "future strength of our back line" prospects a lot better, considering he can play any of the 4 positions OK
3) It implies there are some other yid kids that could do a job for the first team; it's not as though Tanganga was massively clearly the best youth prospect by far

He played right back when Aurier was injured and KWP deemed not good enough.
Again it’s only my opinion but Sanchez had shown nothing as a centre back to make me believe he was more capable of playing right back than KWP, nor did he after he played there.

I don’t want to get too negative about him as I do think he’s done better recently under Mourinho and I usually find if one rates a player someone else doesn’t the only thing that may change an opinion would be either the notable improvement or continued decline from the point of disagreement.

Sincerely hope you quote this back at me at the end of the season when he’s proved me wrong!

What a player, we have on our hands here.

Thought he was brilliant again today - and playing out of position, it must be said.

Yes there is the odd mistake here and there - but that is what you get from a 20-year old playing only his 6th game.

Will go on to have an absolutely magnificent career with us.

Back