• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

I'm really uncomfortable with the booing of Eriksen - it's pretty embarrassing. He's been with us for a long time, he's worked consistently well and with a lot of professionalism and just because he wants to perhaps try somewhere new, it leads to derision and primitive behaviour. Has no-one ever wanted to change their place of work before? I hope he goes now so we can gather some income. But at his best, Eriksen will always be a big miss. Good luck to him.

I know what you mean, and I wouldn’t boo him. But I don’t think he’s helped himself by the way he’s handled things. Fair enough that he wants a new challenge and was public about that. But saying that ideally he’d move to a club that was ‘a step up’, literally days after a poor performance in the losing CL final, was poorly considered. Then still not signing a new contract when no one came in for him, playing badly, and now being totally silent publicly - I can see why people feel tinkled off at him. I think he’d be better off coming out in public to set the record straight (just want a new challenge, am ready to leave as soon as there’s the right offer, and am giving my all in the meantime even though I know I’m playing badly).

the football weekly podcast had a bit of a dig at Levy for his negotiating tactic of not negotiating, seems to have worked here...

Didn't we replace him in the summer? I think that it is more likely that his sale frees up money for cover for Kane

We will still be left with the same issues - lack of rotation/cover for injuries.

In an ideal world we would have got a fernandes type in as well- which seems to be what we did.

We will still be left with the same issues - lack of rotation/cover for injuries.

In an ideal world we would have got a fernandes type in as well- which seems to be what we did.

Seeming as he has predominantly played in central midfield for Mourinho, we've got Ndombele, Lo Celso, Winks, Dier, Sissoko and Gedson who can fill the position currently. In terms of replacing him as a playmaker, Lo Celso and Ndombele can both do this.

I find it funny how he shot himself in the foot with this one. Have fun with Ashley Young and Victor Moses.

Still in the squad for Southampton according to various journos.

Honestly what is the point of that?

"Dear Mr Chairman,

I'm so desperate for players that I have to use the lad who has been stealing a living for months. To use the terminology of a former employee, I'm down to the bare bones. Give me money for new players.

Yours,
The Special One"

Again, the regret is that we didn't get Courtinho money for him in summer 2018 or Hazard money in summer 2019 and reinvested in the squad.

I have always felt that Poch knew after that “dinner” in CPH that Eriksen was off. I speculate that he asked Levy to sell and reinvest. If Levy had taken even 40 mill less than Coutinho money, we’d be laughing. Sadly, I can never forgive him for not showing up in the biggest games, not just the CL Final but semis too.

I have always felt that Poch knew after that “dinner” in CPH that Eriksen was off. I speculate that he asked Levy to sell and reinvest. If Levy had taken even 40 mill less than Coutinho money, we’d be laughing. Sadly, I can never forgive him for not showing up in the biggest games, not just the CL Final but semis too.
This for me too He never seemed to show up in the biggest games.

I somehow doubt if Poch had greenlit the sale, Levy would not have followed through. I just think others saw Eriksens inherent weakness in the biggest games, and wouldn't pay much for him,

Last edited:
Back