• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Giovani Lo Celso

We live in hope.

There were a few fans around us when he first came into the team who slagged him, he made fools of them as well as making fools of Wenger and " Rent a quote" as well.

I wasn't that vocal (I know hard to believe) but I wasn't. It was more he just looked so thin, about 8 stone when wet!
For me now a truly world-class player. Id take him now for a season!

I wasn't that vocal (I know hard to believe) but I wasn't. It was more he just looked so thin, about 8 stone when wet!
For me now a truly world-class player. Id take him now for a season!

It was more the fans at games that were giving him stick, top player and as you say he still is.

He really reminds me of wsddle in the way he plays
The drop of the shoulder and the dribble with one foot (waddle did use both feet I know)

He really reminds me of wsddle in the way he plays
The drop of the shoulder and the dribble with one foot (waddle did use both feet I know)

Yes indeed, Waddle was a brilliant player ( best flank player i have seen in a Spurs shirt) but there are signs that are promising in Lo Celso.

you won't really have 3 attackers in-between the spaces of the back 4 (a big part of the point of a 433).
Son left, Kane up top and Alli arriving/making runs from deep is still 3 attackers in amongst the back 4. Plus Aurier stretching them from our right side. Plus 1 of our midfielders joining... seems OK to me.

If we had a genuine right sided forward, they would just be tripping up Aurier's runs

Being one footed is crazily common amongst elite footballers. That's not my fear with GLC. He just doesn't look to me like the player we need to take the creativity responsibility role over from Eriksen. Sorry but one half against Norwich isn't enough to convince me I'm wrong, which by the way, I'm happy to be proven because it'll mean we've got a gem of a player.

Just because i don't think he's the second coming of Waddle or Gascoigne it doesn't mean the GG hounds have to be set on me.

Too one-footed apparently.

If he was right footed I doubt he would have bought it up as a criticism.

Too one-footed apparently.

If he was right footed I doubt he would have bought it up as a criticism.

Genuine question - how many of our right-footed attacking players can you name who are as one-footed as Lamela or Lo Celso? Kane, Son, Moura and Eriksen are all very capable with their left. Alli maybe less so, but I'd wager he's still less one-footed than Lamela or Lo Celso - I've certainly never seen him perform a rabona just to avoid using his left foot, ala Lamela! And there are plenty of left-footed players who haven't been accused of being one-footed - e.g. Vertonghen, Rose, Davies.

My point is - I don't think this is just some trick of perspective, I think those two players really are unusually one-footed.

Being one footed is crazily common amongst elite footballers. That's not my fear with GLC. He just doesn't look to me like the player we need to take the creativity responsibility role over from Eriksen. Sorry but one half against Norwich isn't enough to convince me I'm wrong, which by the way, I'm happy to be proven because it'll mean we've got a gem of a player.

Just because i don't think he's the second coming of Waddle or Gascoigne it doesn't mean the GG hounds have to be set on me.
Stone Him!;)

Will be interesting to see if and when Mourinho starts the two of them in midfield in our current system. Keeps saying that Winks and Dier are our positional players, though Gedson might join that group. Think Ndombele and Lo Celso have some way to go defensively to work in a midfield two.

Getting some real options in there now at least and the potential for a more balanced midfield. Hopefully we'll get one on the pitch soon.

Interesting, when did he say Winks is a 'positional' player? I'd only heard him refer to Winks as the 'passer' in midfield, after he played Dier and Winks together at the beginning of his time here. Guess he's since decided/realised that Winksy can be a bit safe on the ball these days!? Really don't think he's good enough defensively to be the 'positional' player either though.

Genuine question - how many of our right-footed attacking players can you name who are as one-footed as Lamela or Lo Celso? Kane, Son, Moura and Eriksen are all very capable with their left. Alli maybe less so, but I'd wager he's still less one-footed than Lamela or Lo Celso - I've certainly never seen him perform a rabona just to avoid using his left foot, ala Lamela! And there are plenty of left-footed players who haven't been accused of being one-footed - e.g. Vertonghen, Rose, Davies.

My point is - I don't think this is just some trick of perspective, I think those two players really are unusually one-footed.
Ali is as one footed as Lamela. If the ball is ever on his left side he will never pass with it, he always tries to get it back onto his right side. Next game watch him closely and you will notice it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

Son left, Kane up top and Alli arriving/making runs from deep is still 3 attackers in amongst the back 4. Plus Aurier stretching them from our right side. Plus 1 of our midfielders joining... seems OK to me.

If we had a genuine right sided forward, they would just be tripping up Aurier's runs
That's not really how a 433 is played though. The shape is supposed to be a 3 pointed trident. Each one capable of tucking in and offering direct goal threat but also of keeping the width. You want your midfielders to be able to spread the ball out wide to either side. Without a RWF we'd lose that aspect of the system and a big part of the point of playing it. Dele wouldn't be doing that or if he were to not very well as it doesn't suit his skill set and you would lose him from the position on the pitch where he does the most damage.

Now by all means you don't have to do things the orthodox way but that is how genuine 433s work. What you're suggesting is more of a hybrid 4321 with the right fullback giving the width but he would not be a forward in this version and would not always be stationed out right in the way way a forward like say Salah can be. Maybe it works I won't say it can't but it would better with a genuine RWF aka a right sided Son imo.

What’s the option to buy value on him? Something like £40m. Bargain.

£27m in this window apparently.

I’m guessing the 6 month loan would also have been a similar fee (although that sounds weird) as I’m sure betis would not have sold for less than £54m, based on the endless negotiations.

The plan as Poch seemed to have it was for Eriksen's creativity to be replaced by the duo of Ndombele and Lo Celso. Between them they have all of Eriksen's attributes plus some more. We are still to really see them on the pitch together in a covenant system but that is the idea.

Back