• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer window thread.

I've only seen small clips of him and that's enough to tell me that he is an uber clam who would stink our club out.

I’ve watched alot of rangers as I’ve been intrigued by the dynamic of gerrard, defoe, the renaissance of that club, seeing a competitive spl again and lastly watching morelos who reminds me a great deal of luis suarez.

His temperament has improved considerably this season and he was harshly sent off for his last red.

I think he can be a top player but I’d prefer we dont go for him as it would be sad to rip apart the exciting work gerrard is doing.

There's a committee at work, and Poch had to leave, probably a good indication that he was the problem.
Yes we did get a lot of players, we went for quantity over quality.
Quite a lot were nowhere near first team quality at the time of our signing them.
While the squad was strong and on point we could get away with that, but as the squad weakened it became more and more of a gamble, a gamble that has ultimately failed.
Who is or was responsible in the past is now history and we can not be certain, what I am pretty sure of is that Jose is the man to shake it up, and if he doesn't get his way he will not be long in pointing fingers.

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

There's a committee at work, and Poch had to leave, probably a good indication that he was the problem.

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

It's usually always the manager who leaves in these situations so I don't see any indication of anything.
Let's be honest, we run a speculative transfer policy, we did before poch, we did during poch and signs are at the moment that we will after poch.
All transfers are a gamble, we just go for higher odds ones, so we strike out more.

It's usually always the manager who leaves in these situations so I don't see any indication of anything.
Let's be honest, we run a speculative transfer policy, we did before poch, we did during poch and signs are at the moment that we will after poch.
All transfers are a gamble, we just go for higher odds ones, so we strike out more.
Every club gambled on signings
People talk about pools successes but their failures have been BIG too
Same with city
Same with United
The key is how much your willing to risk or lose and how much you can fudge the numbers in the case of city

I’ve watched alot of rangers as I’ve been intrigued by the dynamic of gerrard, defoe, the renaissance of that club, seeing a competitive spl again and lastly watching morelos who reminds me a great deal of luis suarez.
His temperament has improved considerably this season and he was harshly sent off for his last red.

I think he can be a top player but I’d prefer we dont go for him as it would be sad to rip apart the exciting work gerrard is doing.

I've watched very little, it is an interesting situation from afar, up close as I am the baggage of watching either the OF is way to much and very off putting.

I've watched very little, it is an interesting situation from afar, up close as I am the baggage of watching either the OF is way to much and very off putting.
I think I mentioned in another thread on here a while ago that I think Morelos is the best centre forward in that league (admittedly that is rather akin to being the best netball player in the boys school but still.....)

The red cards are a big concern but I think he has the talent and confidence to do well in the Premier League and we know that the physicality would not phase him. I think that he will be playing PL football for somebody next season and, if successful, would then immediately be too expensive for us to sign.

Yes of course all transfers are gambles to some extent. But if it is the coaches choice, then it is down to the coach to improve them. That is where I find Poch culpable.

Yes of course all transfers are gambles to some extent. But if it is the coaches choice, then it is down to the coach to improve them. That is where I find Poch culpable.

i think this where the committee broke down. we should be getting players that everyone agrees with - poch certainly didn't use as many players as he could, and clearly did not think hard enough around succession planning. Instead just stuck on with a trusted lot and would still be at it if we didn't change managers.

We bought 26 players under Poch. We did not spend no money. Our problem has been that our recruitment has been almost universally brick. Since the early days of Dele, Wanyama and Toby, only Son has really been a success. We frittered money away on a whole collection of clowns. Janssen, the N'Twins, etc etc. The whole problem has not been how much we spent but who we spent it on. Our recruitment policy has been a complete failure and has left us in this dire situation we now find ourselves in.

Compare and contrast to Leicester's since they won the PL. They lost key players in Mahrez, Kante, both their aged centre halves and the guy who went to chelsea for shedloads of money. But they have rebuilt without spending a fortune. And when they did spend mega money on Maguire, they got a huge speedy return. Look at the current successes in their team that didn't break the bank. I would guess their net spend is way less than ours. Its all down to successful recruitment. This does not necessarily mean having to break the bank.
Leicester have invested heavily year on year since the acquisition by King Power and literally from being in League One. Including some dodgy 3rd party sponsorship deals to side step FFP when down there!

They seem to sell one big player a season as you say, and then reinvest all of it, with another £20m to £30m on top of that.

Interesting reading: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/leicester-city/alletransfers/verein/1003

Sounds like we are getting close to Piatek. Lots of the twitter folks saying could be done very soon. (Although soon by Levy standards could be the summer transfer window!)

Sounds like we are getting close to Piatek. Lots of the twitter folks saying could be done very soon. (Although soon by Levy standards could be the summer transfer window!)
Last day of the window Levy special. The games in January obviously don't count towards the season's total. [emoji28]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

Just noticed all the players on the ( hopeful) transfer list are foreign players from foreign clubs. Anyone think we would do better looking at English players from the bottom half of the Premiership, or even the lower leagues?

Just noticed all the players on the ( hopeful) transfer list are foreign players from foreign clubs. Anyone think we would do better looking at English players from the bottom half of the Premiership, or even the lower leagues?
Bottom half of PL.... To expensive. No club down there is going to sell their striker in Jan and make relegation an even bigger likelihood
Champtionship.... The better strikers are at the better clubs and those clubs don't want to lessen the chance of getting into promotion spots/play off places and the potential riches that promotion to the PL will bring by selling their goalscorer in Jan.

Suggestions on names? Someone actually good enough, that we wouldn't have to overpay for?

Back