• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Tottenham Hotspurs vs Little bird

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Last couple of games have shown we need a striker.

We look so disjointed in the final third. As for Eriksen he needs to leave.

I thought the front 3 (Moura, Dele and Son) were all pretty poor but I think fatigue is a bit of an issue, and Dele and Son still scored. So I don’t want to jump on them and criticise too heavily.
Not too many options going forward to rest them either. Unless we move Lo Celso and Lamela further forward and play a combo of Dier, Ndombele/ Gedson, Ndombele

Dele getting what appears to be the usual raft of brick from some who appear to not quite see the full picture of a match, yet there he was, involved in both goals, scoring one, creating the other.

LoCelso looking stronger with every game, and again, I have to say Aurier looking good. Dier comes on as a sub and plays two positions, Sess curiously anemic and Sonny grinding his way into some sort of form albeit still struggling.

I seriously don’t know how long we have to wait for Levy to pull his finger out and get a striker in for the manager?

BTW was Moura tired? He was shoddy to say the least.

Reading through the OMT both Son and Moura were complete and utter dogbrick but last night's highlights on Sky and MotD gave a completely different impression.

They both looked pretty decent overall!

Dele getting what appears to be the usual raft of brick from some who appear to not quite see the full picture of a match, yet there he was, involved in both goals, scoring one, creating the other.

LoCelso looking stronger with every game, and again, I have to say Aurier looking good. Dier comes on as a sub and plays two positions, Sess curiously anemic and Sonny grinding his way into some sort of form albeit still struggling.

I seriously don’t know how long we have to wait for Levy to pull his finger out and get a striker in for the manager?

Dele's performance was highlighted in Motd as a real positive. He is a mercurial player who made a game changing contribution yesterday which won us the points , as he has done in previous games too. Not sure what else is expected of him tbh.

Spot on.

I thought Aurier gave another MoTM for us last night. Handled Cantwell, who I think is Norwich's best player, very well and caused all sorts of problems for Norwich with his attacking. Got another assist and could easily have had two or three. Also on a number of occasions he got into great positions with the ball only to look up and see nobody bothering to the make the run to get themselves in the box.

Lo Celso was also excellent. Winning the ball and pretty much always moving it forwards. It is really promising that he is adapting to football in the PL so quickly.

I thought Dele also had a good game. As is going to be the case with Dele, not everything will come off, but he provided several moments of quality, did more than his share when we were out of possession and was the only one of our players who was actually trying to get himself in the box to get on the end of things.

I thought that Winks and Sessegnon were also fine. Sessegnon's tackle for the penalty was stupid, but I thought he handled himself well otherwise. I also lost count of the times when he had got into a great position looking for the ball in between the centre half and full back that he could've been on the end of in on goal only for our players not to deliver it. I don't know what's going on there at all? Alderweireld was also decent enough and I have no complaints about Lloris. I'm also encouraged by Gedson, it looked like he was positionally perfect in a screening role and could be a decent answer for that massive hole in our team.

The rest of them I thought were a 5 out of 10 or worse. Jan looks to have lost 3 yards of pace that he barely had in the first place. Lamela I thought was absolute turd, has to be one of the most embarrassingly one footed players I have ever seen. I saw numerous occasions when an easy right foot pass was on that would've put us in a good attacking position but he has to instead turn 270 degrees to get it on his left foot. He charges around the pitch sliding into stupid tackles and achieving nothing. Son and Moura I thought were wasteful in possession. Dier came on and committed 3 potential yellow card 'tackles' in about 15 minutes, I use the term tackles very loosely here, although I don't think he is purposely committing fouls, he is just now so slow that he is always late to the ball. Saying that we did look a bit more solid in defence when Dier dropped back to replace Vertonghen in defence, although I don't know if that was more because he himself had been replaced in deep midfield by Gedson? Eriksen is fine on the ball, but his priority now even more than ever is avoiding injury and not scuppering his impending move.

IMO we desperately need a centre forward this month and could also do with an Eriksen replacement. The little bit that I have seen so far suggests to me that our desperate need for a defensive midfield player might be solved with Gedson.

The one positive of Winks getting a kick on the shin was that MouMou would try Gedson LoCelso Ndombele as a 3.

instead he brings on Dier and Eriksen. A little bit of my Mou faith cracked and slid off into the sea.

In a few games time Mou will play those three and realise they are good at football

The one positive of Winks getting a kick on the shin was that MouMou would try Gedson LoCelso Ndombele as a 3.

instead, he brings on Dier and Eriksen. A little bit of my Mou faith cracked and slid off into the sea.

In a few games time Mou will play those three and realise they are good at football

What bothers me more is why?
I am starting to suffer from MouMou global warming ........alas

Well, the more the season goes on, the more we look (to me) like a case study for squad building. Our players are fairly good when you take them individually but it seems like they were chosen for that sole reason, without any consideration for their complementarity or their ability to 'click' together.

It's a bit sad really when you consider that Aurier's should be the first name on the team sheet - for all his shortcomings, he's one of the few players who can make things happen for us. Whenever he gets the ball, we manage to turn up the intensity by a notch or two.

But what's the point of having a very attacking full back on the right if we don't have anyone providing width on the left? And what's the point of having Lo Celso in the side if our forwards can't find any space? Same goes for Alderweireld, by the way. From my point of view, our midfield is just a collection of individuals but it doesn't look like we have any plan: they're not outstanding passers or physical beasts, they're just decent/good at what they do and that's supposed to be enough.

Also, with hindsight, I'm beginning to wonder whether Mourinho was the right choice for us. His sides tend to be 8-9 huffers and puffers with a couple of players who have the ability to turn a game around. Right now, I'm not sure we have such players and I very much doubt we'd be ready to spend the kind of money necessary to get them. In any case, that didn't make up for a very entertaining experience, despite the win...

Back