• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Giovani Lo Celso

I had similar fears about Modric and Huddlestone as our CM but they worked extremely well for a while.

with Ndombele, Lo Celso, Fernandes, Sissoko, Winks and Dier there should be a combination that works somewhere there, just a case of finding it.

Im more concerned about our defense now, it seems shot (FIFY; brick) to me.
I'm very hopeful for a 433 with Ndombele, Lo Celso and Fernandes. It would require a new RWF and probably means Dele has no place (not really a problem for me). It would be good to try it out as an alternative system at least bit that RWF is missing.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

I'm very hopeful for a 433 with Ndombele, Lo Celso and Fernandes. It would require a new RWF and probably means Dele has no place (not really a problem for me). It would be good to try it out as an alternative system at least bit that RWF is missing.

Couldnt Dele Olay with Kane and son?
Don’t forget Dele is a double figure goal scorer and so has Lo Celso been

Couldnt Dele Olay with Kane and son?
Don’t forget Dele is a double figure goal scorer and so has Lo Celso been
I don't believe Dele can properly play the either LWF or RWF. You usually need a combination of pace and dribbling to pay the role well neither are really Dele's strong points. I'd gladly be proven wrong but so far his game has best fit playing off Kane.

I don't think Mou would ever move permanently to a 433 because of the potential that Dele does posess but he may just try the system out.

I just like the idea of 3 in midfield especially of the type that Ndombele and Lo Celso are and maybe what Fernandes can be.

After 45 mins (yes in the second half he was anonymous) against the bottom of the league team, at home?

Calm down.

Early days but what I’ve seen recently is convincing me to believe he is the real deal.
I don’t expect world class performances at he no coming to such a tough league early on.

It helps me have some positivity post poch and forget that we have the obsolete version of Jose.

I like him. A tricky, shifty dribbler and decent passer, but when he manoeuvers into traffic near or in the penalty area, he needs to pick his spots more carefully when choosing to work with gravity.

Very good that he's taking to that deeper playmaker role. Hopefully he'll get more matches in there and settle in further. Still expecting more from him as he settles in, but it's looking promising at the moment.

We played him centre midfield, no surprise he played well. Its the position that best suits his attributes. Workrate, aggression, press resistance, passing range and importantly execution unlike so many others in this squad.

I just can't wait until he and Ndombele are both fit and firing, we will have gone from possibly the worst CM in the PL to absolutely one of the best. Add the potential of Gedson as an even more industrious player who can still play, the midfield is starting to look good on paper.

I don't believe Dele can properly play the either LWF or RWF. You usually need a combination of pace and dribbling to pay the role well neither are really Dele's strong points. I'd gladly be proven wrong but so far his game has best fit playing off Kane.

I don't think Mou would ever move permanently to a 433 because of the potential that Dele does posess but he may just try the system out.

I just like the idea of 3 in midfield especially of the type that Ndombele and Lo Celso are and maybe what Fernandes can be.

You’re assuming the three forwards have to include two wide men. Could play Son left, Kane up top, Dele drifting in pockets of space central and making late runs. Because Aurier can add width wide right

You’re assuming the three forwards have to include two wide men. Could play Son left, Kane up top, Dele drifting in pockets of space central and making late runs. Because Aurier can add width wide right
A true 433 and the best versions of it are those with genuine wide attackers. You could do it otherwise but it won't work as well as you won't really have 3 attackers in-between the spaces of the back 4 (a big part of the point of a 433).

We played him centre midfield, no surprise he played well. Its the position that best suits his attributes. Workrate, aggression, press resistance, passing range and importantly execution unlike so many others in this squad.

I just can't wait until he and Ndombele are both fit and firing, we will have gone from possibly the worst CM in the PL to absolutely one of the best. Add the potential of Gedson as an even more industrious player who can still play, the midfield is starting to look good on paper.

Will be interesting to see if and when Mourinho starts the two of them in midfield in our current system. Keeps saying that Winks and Dier are our positional players, though Gedson might join that group. Think Ndombele and Lo Celso have some way to go defensively to work in a midfield two.

Getting some real options in there now at least and the potential for a more balanced midfield. Hopefully we'll get one on the pitch soon.

Back