• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Tottenham Hotspurs vs Little bird

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Whats the executive summary of the match (I missed it)?

And should I bother watching it?

It was brick, and definitely not. Looked rocky at the back, you could drive a bus through the gaps in midfield and we were dreadful up front and showed zero guile.

Norwich definitely deserved a point but we blagged it with a flukey second after they had deservedly equalised and had us on the ropes.

Whats the executive summary of the match (I missed it)?

And should I bother watching it?

Slow play for the best part of 35 minutes where we barely troubled them, then we scored. The rest of the first half was us pressing and trying to counter with little success. Second half was going alright then started to get away from us. Winks got injured (was having a decent game imo), Lamela got tired and after two substitutions we looked the weaker of the two teams. They win a penalty (no arguments), score and it all looks like the same old story. Another change from Jose and we look a little more productive, get a second and hold on for the win.

Not one to really sit in for, GLC had a good game and might be worth watching but as a whole it was a dull affair.

It was brick, and definitely not. Looked rocky at the back, you could drive a bus through the gaps in midfield and we were dreadful up front and showed zero guile.

Norwich definitely deserved a point but we blagged it with a flukey second after they had deservedly equalised and had us on the ropes.

See now we call the second goal flukey because of the deflection, but the play up until then to create the crossing opportunity was decent. Had anyone else scored it, no-one would talk about it being due to a huge slice of luck.

Ouch

Could you imagine this lot in a relegation scrap? So, so poor. In fact, beyond poor. Abysmal. Made them look good for long stretches. If you didn't know which kit was which, you'd have struggled to identify the side bottom of the league. Rubbish.

Slow play for the best part of 35 minutes where we barely troubled them, then we scored. The rest of the first half was us pressing and trying to counter with little success. Second half was going alright then started to get away from us. Winks got injured (was having a decent game imo), Lamela got tired and after two substitutions we looked the weaker of the two teams. They win a penalty (no arguments), score and it all looks like the same old story. Another change from Jose and we look a little more productive, get a second and hold on for the win.

Not one to really sit in for, GLC had a good game and might be worth watching but as a whole it was a dull affair.
Highlights it is then.

(sounds like they will be quick)

LoCelso 8
Aurier 8

The rest 5 or lower. Dele gets credit for his goal and assist but needs to be told to get in the penalty area more often. That is where he is most effective. He spends too much of his time fairying around in midfield where he is crap.

Our main problem along with the obvious striker shaped hole is the lack of confidence. We just can't really flow consistently. There are passages of play that work but as soon that breaks down we go back into our shell.

Norwich are an inferior side but when they had the ball moving you could see that they knew what they wanted to do. Their attacking play in particular was coherent.

I see something in us, we did buy well in the summer, the additions are good players. We just need a run of good performances and a settled first 11 to build that confidence and familiarity.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

So there. Chart. Jose. Final score. We were better.

We'll be serving salt if anyone cares to season their lemons.

Yeah, Norwich were plucky and feisty and incredibly well dressed and had a few half chances. But having carefully re-watched this game, it's nothing like the horror show a few of you'se sweethearts are moaning and carping about.

We mostly ran the show in the first half and were rewarded with a nicely worked goal. They got a little momentum going in the second and capitalized on a mistake by our youngest player. They got other breaks, like when Cantwell wasn't red-carded for a malicious studs-up challenge.

When we subbed out the spiky, combative Lamela for the book of fairy tales formerly known as Hans Christian Eriksen you could feel the difference and some adjustments were made to minimize the damage he could do. We did quite well for long stretches and earned a deserved winning goal. We mostly saw out the latter stages fairly comfortably.

I'm good with what I saw in this game and during this transitional period. Aurier had a solid game. Lo Celso looks a proper player. Moura and Son put themselves about whole-heartedly. Winks was very useful until he was injured.

There's bound to be more changes before the transfer window shuts that will require further coping. But nothing that merits soaking mama's aprons like what we're hearing from some quarters.

Last edited:
LoCelso 8
Aurier 8

The rest 5 or lower. Dele gets credit for his goal and assist but needs to be told to get in the penalty area more often. That is where he is most effective. He spends too much of his time fairying around in midfield where he is crap.

well remember that last match mourinho benched dele and he threw a strop. it worked. mourinho got him scoring again.

Listening to talksport this morning on the one of the rare occasions I do and they are see it how most of us did.

Did ok till the final third and the forwards lazy, not match smart - showing for the ball/dropping deep/making correct options.

Sign a striker levy

Back