• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Company Car

I quite like the Mercedes A class, had one as a company car, fits 2 car seats in the back. This time ill get the AMG version. Automatic. That's one im considering.

I will spend 12-15k and need to consider insurance and running costs. The £500 a month car allowance can only stretch so far. I really didn't want to have to get my own car but really against driving a Skoda Octavia.

Show us a photo sometime!

@Spursman you'd have a lot of fun in something like this https://www.pistonheads.com/classif...-smg--immaculate----------------2004/10337292 and be able to sell it for more than it cost in a few years time. Great fun car. The convertible is awesome too, softens the lines, and fun in the summer. https://www.pistonheads.com/classif...mw-e46-m3-convertible-silver-grey-smg/9906197

....I'm behind the thread. A 3 series like you had is a nice car for about £10k, and you will be able to resell it when you want a change. Alfa Julia's are quite interesting, stylish. Volkswagen Golf R...

I was close to buying one years ago but insurance was waaay to high. Any car I would get the sports version. I find them so much nicer. M, S LINE, AMG etc

Im sure its nice to drive. I had a prius once, also nice to drive but its a vile looking car.
Mine is a superb estate in red, even for me who isn't a car person it's a very nice looking car.
Honestly can say gets a lot of attention.

I was close to buying one years ago but insurance was waaay to high. Any car I would get the sports version. I find them so much nicer. M, S LINE, AMG etc

Older cars have become a lot cheaper on insurance, not to mention you're a little maturer too :) I have a 70s 911 and it costs £250 a year to insure! Once they start to become classics or closer to classic the premium drops massively. You have plenty of choices! Mercedes are just so comfortable. Arrive more relaxed than when you get into the car. Buying outright or with a bank loan, you'll have the car as an asset so when you move on you 'll get £X thousand windfall.

Jags have been associated with thieves and swindlers. Balding dodgy men! Audis released/took over bmw stereotypes, now old bm's are just cool. How about this car? Will have to get one one day... Too fast to explore fully on the road. You mentioned the ring:

The Q is certainly on my possible list for another car - it's beautiful and (from what I read) has incredible performance.

My issue is that I've yet to see an Alfa that even matches the internal comfort of a mid range Mercedes, let alone the luxury car bracket they're putting themselves in with that car.

Edit:

It's also a little small to be considered against other 4 doors. It's only about the size of a 3/C class from what I've seen. Not that there's a problem with no rear space as a rule, but if you're essentially buying a 2 seater, there's better cars for the money.

My mate has a maserati, his kids refuse to get in the back as the ride is so uncomfortable.
My son was always puking in the back of a 5 with M Sport suspension. He never once had a problem in my Maserati.

I can see from the ride style why it might be uncomfortable in the back, but cars like that are a different world of balance and grip compared to high performance versions of standard cars.

My son was always puking in the back of a 5 with M Sport suspension. He never once had a problem in my Maserati.

I can see from the ride style why it might be uncomfortable in the back, but cars like that are a different world of balance and grip compared to high performance versions of standard cars.
I've been in the front and back, and it's night and day. I've never known such an uncomfortable ride in the back. Not enough for my mate to sell it, he just uses a different car with the kids.

The Q is certainly on my possible list for another car - it's beautiful and (from what I read) has incredible performance.

My issue is that I've yet to see an Alfa that even matches the internal comfort of a mid range Mercedes, let alone the luxury car bracket they're putting themselves in with that car.

Edit:

It's also a little small to be considered against other 4 doors. It's only about the size of a 3/C class from what I've seen. Not that there's a problem with no rear space as a rule, but if you're essentially buying a 2 seater, there's better cars for the money.

The attraction of this car is it has the feel of a Ferrari! I’ve never wanted a Ferrari, until I spanked one around Brands Hatch. You wouldn’t want to drive it on the road everyday, but as a machine, the tight feeling and engine...is wonderful, unique. The Alfa Quadrafolio is made by the same company group (and individual designer) as Ferrari, and the engine, steering and dynamics have some shard dna, but with 4 doors and a boot.

There will be an updated one this year with a new interior but it will never be like a Merc. It’s a car to drive not relax in. That said it’s smooth ride quality beats both M and AMG comparable options. But if you want toys, leather seats etc it won’t be as svelte. Personally I’d go for one with coloured leather insert panels in the cabin - lifts the interior.

Amazing that you can get in one for around 30k. I can’t justify it and don’t drive all that much. Essential is a manufacturers warranty, that you can renew.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Last edited:
Back