• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer window thread.

I haven't seen Bentaleb since he left us but I was just wondering out loud if he could be any worse as a defensive midfield player than what we had already.
He was really good in the first seasons. This year he's only played 2 games for the reserve team. Have no idea why. According to transfermarkt he's not been injured.

This is as good as we can hope for I think. Though I must say that I am struggling to come to terms with the fact that we seem to be becoming a West Ham type club that loans in multiple players!

It's the future! We get them in with an option to buy, if they're brick then off they go, and if they're good - welcome aboard. :)

Find it a bit demoralising that after several years of unexpected windfalls from the CL we haven’t splashed out & have no backup striker and only one RB.

We could easily have afforded to get Cavani, loan Bale etc but instead we’re bargain basement shopping.

The stadium must have been budgeted without CL money, weird to then not spend any of it when the squad is so thin.

Find it a bit demoralising that after several years of unexpected windfalls from the CL we haven’t splashed out & have no backup striker and only one RB.

We could easily have afforded to get Cavani, loan Bale etc but instead we’re bargain basement shopping.

The stadium must have been budgeted without CL money, weird to then not spend any of it when the squad is so thin.

I think the stadium has come in over budget and PR has kicked to minimise the true horror show!
The squad is paying the price!
It’s hopefully not too debilitating but it’s going to be tough.

I fear that what was budgeted for the stadium and what it actually cost were are very different numbers. I dread to think what state we’d have been in had Levy not lucked out on a manager able to outperform the market 4 years in a row.

I think the stadium has come in over budget.

I fear that what was budgeted for the stadium and what it actually cost were are very different numbers.

I guess this would make total sense.

It was just so unexpected for us to be in the CL so many years running, let alone reach the latter stages. We’ve probably raked in 200m Euros from prize money the past 3 years that we can’t have planned for.

However, you’re right this would be eaten up quickly if we’re 10%+ over budget on the stadium.

Just wish we could sign one player who’s in their prime :)

This is as good as we can hope for I think. Though I must say that I am struggling to come to terms with the fact that we seem to be becoming a West Ham type club that loans in multiple players!
How many big transfer fees have you seen this window? Football clubs simply don't have the liquidity to conduct several €50m purchases every transfer window. The reality has finally caught up with football clubs. If player prices don't drop down to a more sensible level, we will see more loan deals, and more running down of contracts (if player wants to move).

[Alfredo Pedulla] Inter Milan will offer #thfc €17m including bonuses for Christian Eriksen with hope that a deal will be agreed tomorrow.

So now it's gone from €11m to €17m in 12 hours. At this rate, Levy will get us our €100m before the end of the window :D

Back