• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer window thread.

Indeed. Let's see.

Let's see if Chelsea beat Saudi Sportswashing Machine in a short while. If they do that, the gap is 11 points and I don't see us overcoming that to get back to CL.

Let's see how Mourinho feels about a grinding campaign in EL. If he can acquire more depth, it might be worth battling for a top 7 finish with hopes of keeping our super soaraway UEFA club coefficient ranking in the top 12. Where it is now. And maybe even sneaking back into CL play through the poop chute.

Let's see.

Wonderful result. Suddenly, a few clouds have parted. If I'm Daniel Levy, granted the power to chuck currency about like it's molecules of air, I'm In Like Flint for Piatek. Let's get an instinctive finisher to work with all the pace and trickery our midfield can offer. If Eriksen isn't being given up for a song, then he'll relish playing with someone who can finish the chances he creates. And it will render all the pacy, jittery movement from Son, Moura, Lamela, Lo Celso and Dele all that more effective.

Islam Slimani, on loan at Monaco from Leicester, attracting Spurs interest

Leicester are braced for interest from Tottenham for on-loan striker Islam Slimani. The Algeria striker, 31, is at Monaco for the season but Aston Villa were interested in cutting his move short for a return to the Premier League.

Spurs have also looked at the French market as they step up their hunt for a striker to cover for Harry Kane, who is out for three months with a ruptured hamstring.

Jose Mourinho wants a targetman to bolster his attack for the second half of the season without Kane, with his club working through a list of possible targets and gauging availability for a forward with the quality to play in the Premier League and Champions League.

Slimani is on their radar but Leicester may resist strengthening a rival in the top-four race, even if Mourinho’s team are off the pace at the moment.

Brendan Rodgers admitted the Villa interest was “going to be too complicated” to happen. He has attracted interest after scoring seven goals in 11 starts during his spell at Monaco, although Wissam Ben Yedder is first-choice striker at Stade Louis II.

Slimani’s physique makes him big enough to fit Spurs’ criteria of wanting a presence up front, similar to Fernando Llorente last season before his release.

AC Milan striker Krzysztof Piątek was a player they were looking at but will not be loaned out, which was Spurs’ preference.

In Kane’s absence, Mourinho has fielded Heung-Min Son or Lucas Moura as a makeshift striker while the club search for a forward.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...notebook-islam-slimani-loan-monaco-leicester/

Spurs add Jovic to striker wishlist
Tottenham are reportedly in discussions with Real Madrid over signing forward Luka Jovic on loan until the end of the season.

Spurs boss Jose Mourinho has expressed his desire to bring in another striker, with Harry Kane set to be ruled out until April at the earliest.

According to Defensa Central Jovic is on Spurs’ list of potential targets, although it remains to be seen if Real agree to a move.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/foo...connell-linked-tottenham-hotspur-move-1370048

Chris Wilder admits it is impossible to guarantee that Sheffield United’s star men will not be tempted away by the Premier League’s big boys after their impressive start to life in the top flight.

Jack O’Connell has been the latest name to be linked with a move away from Bramall Lane, with Spurs reportedly eyeing him as a potential replacement for Jan Vertonghen. John Egan has also previously been linked with Everton.

And Wilder, speaking ahead of tomorrow’s clash with Emirates Marketing Project, said: “It’s always a moving market.

“Players will be coming in and I can’t sit here and say none of my players will move on - ones we don’t want to move on.

“That’s how football is and you always have to be ready and quickly react to any business that happens – outs or ins.”

Asked if United had received any offers for his key men, Wilder replied: “No. We want to keep everyone.

“There are certain players that we’ve talked about that will be playing elsewhere next year but my main actors – and there are quite a few of them – I want to keep, and build. I want them to be part of a decent future for the club.”

Slimani is bang average and it's not in Leicester's interest to stregthen us atm. Jovic won't be loaned out and is getting minutes at Real anyway. Olmo will be one that we miss out on as Levy will offer £5m less than is being asked for.

Re; Kalvin Philips

Wasn't impressed with his play in Saturday's 1-0 loss to QPR. Busy, brusque but lacking finesse. Took a ridiculous straight red card late on with his team only down a goal. Great to see Leeds sagging out of the top two. They might not be the easiest club to do business with.

Better than any of the defensive midfielders that we have in our squad?

I would like us to go out and make a proper offer for Kalvin Phillips at Leeds, that would mean us spending money (that I don't think we have) though.

No,no,no I still have nightmares about him and Mason being our CM pairing, it was like the parting of the red sea when we were being attacked.

Better than any of the defensive midfielders that we have in our squad?

I would like us to go out and make a proper offer for Kalvin Phillips at Leeds, that would mean us spending money (that I don't think we have) though.
Kalvin Phillips is a bloody player definitely Premier league quality.

No,no,no I still have nightmares about him and Mason being our CM pairing, it was like the parting of the red sea when we were being attacked.
I haven't seen Bentaleb since he left us but I was just wondering out loud if he could be any worse as a defensive midfield player than what we had already.

Back