• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

In Scara's warped right wing world, working people should not be allowed to organise and should not have any political representation. They should just doff their caps and be grateful for the meager offering that their betters deign to allow them.

Can you not represent yourself? I have done for 20+ years and never had issues with feeling bullied by big business. In fact I felt the freedom that representing myself within big business in London has given me the freedom to progress and do what I want in work aka leave a job I hate and more on seamlessly.

In Scara's warped right wing world, working people should not be allowed to organise and should not have any political representation. They should just doff their caps and be grateful for the meager offering that their betters deign to allow them.

Can you not represent yourself? I have done for 20+ years and never had issues with feeling bullied by big business. In fact I felt the freedom that representing myself within big business in London has given me the freedom to progress and do what I want in work aka leave a job I hate and more on seamlessly.

Quite. I have never had to accept conditions I don't like either as I ensure I am of high worth to any company I've worked for.

I've always been paid what I consider the going rate for my effort/abilities and I would have gone elsewhere for employment if I wasn't.

Quite. I have never had to accept conditions I don't like either as I ensure I am of high worth to any company I've worked for.

I've always been paid what I consider the going rate for my effort/abilities and I would have gone elsewhere for employment if I wasn't.

I also would feel more aggrieved if someone else was earning off the back of my hard work the same terms and money and the ceiling was lower than what it would be in the real world.

My friend had the same complaint working for a school where he felt that rubbish teachers were earning the same as very decent ones

The "Victim" surcharge is a bit scammy.

It actually never goes to an individual victim of a crime, but is distributed to a variety of charity organisations that support victims as a general group. i.e. Domestic violence support groups, hate speech prevention groups etc.

So, basically pays for offices/salaries.

The "Victim" surcharge is a bit scammy.

It actually never goes to an individual victim of a crime, but is distributed to a variety of charity organisations that support victims as a general group. i.e. Domestic violence support groups, hate speech prevention groups etc.

So, basically pays for offices/salaries.
That's all well and good for crimes that actually have a victim. The closest thing to a victim here is the one being hunted by hidden speed cameras.

From 31 January any mention of the word Brexit will officially be punishable by death. Anyone who is even suspected of thinking about Brexit will be condemned to a public show trial. As far as the government is concerned, the UK will have left the EU and that’s an end to it. Even to discuss the details of a future arrangement will be considered grossly unpatriotic, with offenders being sent to re-education camps.

This is the way the Brexit department ends. Not with a bang, but by being airbrushed out of history. And to mark the occasion of his department’s final question session in the Commons, Stephen Barclay was determined to end his ministerial career as he had started it – with complete and utter anonymity. For Barclay it is a matter of pride to never say anything memorable. His whole job as Brexit secretary was to do next to nothing and he has fulfilled the brief superbly. At times he has even uttered sentences that have put himself to sleep.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...tment-ends-not-with-a-bang-but-airbrushed-out

That's all well and good for crimes that actually have a victim. The closest thing to a victim here is the one being hunted by hidden speed cameras.
You are right that is a stealth tax.
Or, if you prefer, a targeted contribution.
It's am attempt to fund help for the victims of (all) crime by having criminals pay instead of the public.
It's not specifically about whether there is a "victim" (although in this case I guess society is classed as the victim)

I also would feel more aggrieved if someone else was earning off the back of my hard work the same terms and money and the ceiling was lower than what it would be in the real world.

My friend had the same complaint working for a school where he felt that rubbish teachers were earning the same as very decent ones

Pretty much every condition of work has been won off the back of union action and collective organisation, holiday pay minimum rates of pay everything. So much for Mr Joe Everyman... he has won jack brick for workers.

Last edited:
Pretty much every condition of work has been one off the back of union action and collective organisation, holiday pay minimum rates of pay everything. So much for Mr Joe Everyman... he has won jack brick for workers.

Because Unions were the way for a long time before, so naturally that is the case. However just because historically they have paved the way with some good moments does not make them immune from becoming outdated.

Inconvenient military and political situation arises for the west.
Passenger aircraft with a connection to non NATO member Ukraine is shot down.
The story is created with a lack of evidence that it "may" have been shot by a rocket from the aggressor against the West.

Someone is playing games. And Ukraine is the pawn.
If only they would give out branded tin hats.

I was more amazed that the guy seriously seemed to be suggesting another referendum on a highly divisive issue, even more so given that his party arguably suffered more than most for the last one. Where has he been for the last 3 and a half years?
A communist echo chamber, clearly.

Inconvenient military and political situation arises for the west.
Passenger aircraft with a connection to non NATO member Ukraine is shot down.
The story is created with a lack of evidence that it "may" have been shot by a rocket from the aggressor against the West.

Someone is playing games. And Ukraine is the pawn.
If only they would give out branded tin hats.
Iran have held their hands up 'Yep it was us' ...so no game, no evidence required. Fair play (obviously a terrible tradedy) that they've fessed up.

Because Unions were the way for a long time before, so naturally that is the case. However just because historically they have paved the way with some good moments does not make them immune from becoming outdated.

Yeah cause things have changed and employers are so benevolent in the 21st century, they are just giving conditions away for free. Who are you kidding? What a laughable response.

Yeah cause things have changed and employers are so benevolent in the 21st century, they are just giving conditions away for free. Who are you kidding? What a laughable response.

Not really, you are acting like all unionisation is a good thing and its immune from being outdated, its not and its not a perfect system.

See I don't have issues debating, but this blinkered belief that utopia exists is exactly why the Labour party are getting nowhere fast.

In other news I see the EU is proving popular with its remaining members https://www.express.co.uk/news/worl...radkar-farmers-environment-agriculture-latest

Not really, you are acting like all unionisation is a good thing and its immune from being outdated, its not and its not a perfect system.

See I don't have issues debating, but this blinkered belief that utopia exists is exactly why the Labour party are getting nowhere fast.

In other news I see the EU is proving popular with its remaining members https://www.express.co.uk/news/worl...radkar-farmers-environment-agriculture-latest

Mate getting paid the correct amount and being able to work in safe conditions is not utopia. Funny thing is that most critics of unions take the benefits that unions win. If they are so anti union, maybe they should donate those pay rises to charity... yeah like that's going to happen.

Last edited:
Back