• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serge Aurier

He definately played well today, no complaints. I just think at 27 years old,I don’t see him stopping have his erratic moments. They are like the Kyle Walker brain farts on Steroids with Crystal Meth for an extra hit of madness. Shame because there’s a good player in there when he’s tuned in.

He is an absolute talent who has it all, except for top top level focus. I believe it is why none of the major clubs ever went for him. They'll have done their scouting I suspect and discovered personality traits which might well have been deemed a step too far (obviously I should now disclose to glory-glory that I do not make my living as a tactician, coach or manager as I see there has been a touch of confusion due to the expression of an opinion).
It is incredibly frustrating to see such raw ability crossed with that vital lack of total focus, because in fairness, he should carry Dani Alves-like effectiveness.

I think that is abundantly clear mate.

Correct Finney, it IS abundantly clear as if I were, I can guarantee you I would not be here! However, I'm still right, the man switches off, does not always make the right moves as a defender and contributes to awful moments. Let's hope yesterday marked a new beginning. You won't mind if I don't hold my breath.

Aurier had a good game today no doubt. Significant that we paired Verts and Alderweireld in the center for the first time in a while. But credit where it is due, he was good today.

I’m 50/50 on yesterday.

To prove I don’t have an agenda I’ll say I think he was defensively very good. Apart from the odd brain fart I think his defensive work is getting better and better. He’s good one on one and positionally seems to be improving.

The problem for me is the attacking. It’s only fair to look at this as we seem to be deploying him as one of our main outlets going forward. Seen a fair few giving him credit for getting in good positions. That’s the absolute minimum requirement when you are an attacking full back.

In the first half he either refused to cross or when he did it was just way too long or a dribbler. I don’t understand how hard it can be to hit the centre of the box aerially.

In the 2nd half there were some square drives close to the keeper that were ok. I’d actually prefer him to pick someone out.

It would be unfair to compare him to TAA but if you saw Daniel James yesterday or even Sarr in our game, they constantly put the ball in good positions from the wide areas.

I’d love him to come good in that regard as he has the makings of a good all round attacking right back but the I just want to see some consistent good delivery.

I’m 50/50 on yesterday.

To prove I don’t have an agenda I’ll say I think he was defensively very good. Apart from the odd brain fart I think his defensive work is getting better and better. He’s good one on one and positionally seems to be improving.

The problem for me is the attacking. It’s only fair to look at this as we seem to be deploying him as one of our main outlets going forward. Seen a fair few giving him credit for getting in good positions. That’s the absolute minimum requirement when you are an attacking full back.

In the first half he either refused to cross or when he did it was just way too long or a dribbler. I don’t understand how hard it can be to hit the centre of the box aerially.

In the 2nd half there were some square drives close to the keeper that were ok. I’d actually prefer him to pick someone out.

It would be unfair to compare him to TAA but if you saw Daniel James yesterday or even Sarr in our game, they constantly put the ball in good positions from the wide areas.

I’d love him to come good in that regard as he has the makings of a good all round attacking right back but the I just want to see some consistent good delivery.

Talking just about yesterday there was literally no one to cross to.

I recall an incident in the first half we me a quick break and I think Dele played the ball out wide to him and Aurier shaped to hit a first time cross but then checked back and the attack petered out.

The natural criticism is why didn't he just cross the ball but looking in the box there was virtually no one in there. I think there were 4 or 5 Watford defenders and just Moura.

You could argue that just slinging in the cross may have caused some danger it if it was pin point accurate he could get in on Moura's head but that's an unrealistic expectation.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

Talking just about yesterday there was literally no one to cross to.

I recall an incident in the first half we me a quick break and I think Dele played the ball out wide to him and Aurier shaped to hit a first time cross but then checked back and the attack petered out.

The natural criticism is why didn't he just cross the ball but looking in the box there was virtually no one in there. I think there were 4 or 5 Watford defenders and just Moura.

You could argue that just slinging in the cross may have caused some danger it if it was pin point accurate he could get in on Moura's head but that's an unrealistic expectation.

Ok that’s fair. So why are we playing it out to him? What is the game plan? If we are going to keep getting Serge into good positions then it needs Dele/Lamela to bust a gut and also Son to do his bit and join in at the back.

Mourinho literally managed one of the very best at arriving in the box at the perfect time. You would think he’d be all over it.

Ok that’s fair. So why are we playing it out to him? What is the game plan? If we are going to keep getting Serge into good positions then it needs Dele/Lamela to bust a gut and also Son to do his bit and join in at the back.

Mourinho literally managed one of the very best at arriving in the box at the perfect time. You would think he’d be all over it.
It's the lack of a natural striker. If Kane (or another) were fit he would be in the box naturally taking the attention of at least one of the defenders. Then your secondary attackers, Dele, Moura, Son and who ever else makes the break can make their presence felt also.

We are playing as if we have a focal point but clearly don't.

Serge was good yesterday, he stopped two very good chances/goals in our box yesterday - nipped in to stop a shot from about 12 yards out and a 2 on 1 situation at the far post.

He also put some good balls into the box, there was a couple Son just didn’t move to attack or just didn’t react to.

2 of our best chances came from his crosses.

Yep! They all stop every attack just outside the box! It's incredibly infuriating! Positive from Gedson, as he seemed to make runs into the box. Wonder how long it will take the rest of the squad to teach him not to do that...

Notice the 2 balls in the box the two forward players did the same and didn’t move. He would have had an assist if Son reacted.

I feel like the attacking players had 3/4 years of having the attacking instinct coached out of them

Notice the 2 balls in the box the two forward players did the same and didn’t move. He would have had an assist if Son reacted.

I feel like the attacking players had 3/4 years of having the attacking instinct coached out of them
Wasn't anything like that in the 16/17 and 17/18 seasons. We were playing free flowing, wonderful attacking football. The last 2 seasons there has just been glimpses of that.

He definately played well today, no complaints. I just think at 27 years old,I don’t see him stopping have his erratic moments. They are like the Kyle Walker brain farts on Steroids with Crystal Meth for an extra hit of madness. Shame because there’s a good player in there when he’s tuned in.

That is what i think as well, he is a talented player who on his day can play with the best however for what ever reason he lacks concentration at times and it always lets him down.

Hey presto. Good delivery from Serge tonight and Dele gambling in the box gets his reward.

Spurs defender Serge Aurier has assisted seven goals in all competitions this season - the only Premier League defender to set up more is Trent Alexander-Arnold (11).

On the balance of things... Aurier isn't perfect but he helps with a healthy number of goals. More good than bad.

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Will take a lot more to convince me he's not eternally inconsistent, but the last month really has been a lot better. Mourinho doing his thing?
He hasn't changed anything, other than Aurier playing a bit higher up the pitch. Aurier has been pretty good consistently, but some refuse to accept that, because he has a non-documented history of being inconsistent and rash. Which isn't true when you compare him with other players.

Back