• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Japhet Tanganga

Had another good game. One weak spot - he gets sold quickly. Went to ground quickly in 1on1 vs Lukas Nkmecha (spelling???). Good spot - confidence, energy and drive

He did but that is something he will learn with the more games he plays at this level. He really looks the part but he will have downturns as he progresses and we should not expect to much as he does so.

People raving in the media today like we have uncovered a rare world class defender that's ready to go the Euros! Football is mad sometimes, I remember when Caulker was player of the season on all of his loans from league two, one then the championship, got in the side, got some England caps too... even then he didnt quite make the grade eventually. I hope Tanganga develops into a top player but could do with holding off on the circle jerk for a little while longer.

I like him. Looks to have good anticipation already and always seems to be on the front foot, the way he'll make an interception and immediately drive forward with it. Not afraid to take players on, either. I think he's going to turn into a great reader of the game. Really positive.

He's nowhere near Sanchez... Sanchez was a regular starter for Ajax which included CL experience. A 40+ million pound player. Ridiculous comparison.

He might be one day though.

Obviously a long way to go but analysing the two players last couple of games you'd struggle to pick out which was the newbie

I think he's been great so far but to over praise him just sets the expectations levels too high, he has arguably been culpable in the two goals conceded in his two appearances so far...

Not to say that I wouldn't continue to play him, he's a young defender and how he will learn is by playing games and coming up against these situations. His ceiling is very high but let's not over build him just to knock him down later.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

He's nowhere near Sanchez... Sanchez was a regular starter for Ajax which included CL experience. A 40+ million pound player. Ridiculous comparison.

He might be one day though.

watch our recent games ?
sanchez does not resemble the 40 mil ajax regular CL experience we bought.

Obviously a long way to go but analysing the two players last couple of games you'd struggle to pick out which was the newbie

Maybe so, but Sanchez has been a consistent first team player for us and a mostly reliable performer.

He's also still got undoubted room to grow, but I'll give Tanganga a few seasons as a first team player before I compare him to someone like Sanchez.

Maybe so, but Sanchez has been a consistent first team player for us and a mostly reliable performer.

He's also still got undoubted room to grow, but I'll give Tanganga a few seasons as a first team player before I compare him to someone like Sanchez.

I'd make a somewhat different description of him tbh with consistent and reliable nowhere to be seen.

Good/great on his day but yet to show any real consistency imo - needs to settle down and prove himself over the next 18 months given he is likely to be first choice by default - I'd say it's very much in the balance as to whether he remains first choice long term

I like Tanganga alot, I think he has potential, but I am not keen on him as a left back, particularly against a pacy winger. As he is right footed he struggles when the winger goes down the outside.

I think his best position will be as a centre back. He had a tough task today and stuck To it well, but for me he's not a left back.
Yup, the lack of a left foot hamstrung him today as he was always trying to tackle with the outside of his right boot. A very difficult and awkward technique to use, but showed good endeavour and took the hot for the team.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

I think his best position will be as a centre back. He had a tough task today and stuck To it well, but for me he's not a left back.

Yeah think he'll end up at centre back but depending on the opposition, he might be a short term fix for our right back problem.

Today wasn't his finest hour but, out if position, he stuck to his task well against a difficult opponent after a ropey first half.

Back