• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

Hopefully it’ll be worth it in the long run...

Epitomises the argument of building a new stadium vs expanding current place.

You also have to factor that Liverpool's vast global fanbase, GHod only knows how many times bigger it is than ours. Then top of all that, the lack of dilly dally over fees and wages. Although the latter rarely did them favours before Klopp (think Joe Cole and Andy Carroll).

You also have to factor that Liverpool's vast global fanbase, GHod only knows how many times bigger it is than ours. Then top of all that, the lack of dilly dally over fees and wages. Although the latter rarely did them favours before Klopp (think Joe Cole and Andy Carroll).

Think Clint Dempsey and Siggy who we got over them

You can never compare apples with apples in footy

they expanded a very average stadium and tried putting prices up... that got knocked back by their fans. I’ve been to Liverpool a lot (my wife went uni there) and it’s a poor city that does it’s best and that’s shown in the stadium. They have huge global fan base and appeal and that was there long before their new owners (their comfortably the biggest global side along with United)

We have been starting behind them since the league started and it’s been that way for a very very long time. Punching above your weight can only last so long

Crazy people. What they should have said is something like "Now the stadium is sorted, please spend more money to buy 'more exciting' players as we need reinforcements, and also clear the deadwood please".

But to say they have no memories is such a bizarre statement considering the CL run last year.
Apparently they stole the wording from a Gooner (DT from ArseFanTV) demonstrating at the Death Star, which indicates just how stupid they are (or if you are wearing a tinfoil hat, that they are Gooners in disguise trying to destabilise us)

Facebook group im in seems to have turned right against him lately. (Smallish group mostly with match going fans who are friends/friends of friends)

None of them seem to appreciate that taking on a burden like a stadium build means you can't spend big in other areas.

Precisely. There seems to be this view that just paying whatever is being asked in any given situation is the magic answer (I generalise slightly, of course). But as this point might suggest, there are far more examples of such a strategy going horribly wrong than going right.

I can accept that Levy might need to loosen things up slightly, but I can't see blank cheques ever being the answer for us.

Every fan has the right to show their feelings like the ones on here who rip apart certain players and i don't see why the chairman should be exempt from that.

30 years next year since the last time we won the FA cup....one trophy in 12 years and none last decade,with the highest price season tickets and match day tickets in the premiership.

Every fan has the right to show their feelings like the ones on here who rip apart certain players and i don't see why the chairman should be exempt from that.

30 years next year since the last time we won the FA cup....one trophy in 12 years and none last decade,with the highest price season tickets and match day tickets in the premiership.
Is anyone being denied that right?

I would love to see, some of these fans, borrow a lot of money, build a new house, and see how much money they have leftover to spend on thing, that are working fine, so can wait till later to replace.

Yeah I agree. I couldn't disagree more with those fans. Levy has been amazing for our club but they're entitled to their opinion no matter how rubbish it is.

E

That is a problem with modern football itself and how success in the game is so dependent on money - it's not the current owners fault that the previous owners left us so far behind the leading pack.

Despite being at that disadvantage we've had teams good enough to do the business the last 10 years and it's not the owners fault that the managers weren't able to get us over the line.

Last edited:
Back