• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gedson Fernandes

This is a brilliant video and explains perfectly why Gedson did not do so much last year. Seems like some of the d.i.c.k.heads on this thread didn't bother to watch it.

A couple of years ago he was matching/surpassing Joao Felix... then he got injured, the manager changed, he was forced out of central midfield to play wide or up top and that is not his game.

Much like Renato Sanches before him.

Watch the video before commenting.
Ghod, but that made my ears hurt. There's a lot to like from that video. Not the quickest but with a good change of pace. Two-footed, which always helps.

Of course, any YouTube compilation leaves out all the brick bits but, as with all our signings, I hope he comes good.

3 league starts in all of 2019.

The only reason he is here is Jorges Mendes.

His only assets are his speed and ability to dribble. He'll be outmuscled in the Premier League. More Onomah than Sissoko.

There goes another non homegrown squad place.

And that's a ridiculous loan fee. Most to agents no doubt.
Some good points here.

But what do you see as the downsides?

This is a brilliant video and explains perfectly why Gedson did not do so much last year. Seems like some of the d.i.c.k.heads on this thread didn't bother to watch it.

A couple of years ago he was matching/surpassing Joao Felix... then he got injured, the manager changed, he was forced out of central midfield to play wide or up top and that is not his game.

Much like Renato Sanches before him.

Watch the video before commenting.

He looks like a genuine talent with a way to go to be ready for the PL IMO. There's a lot of tricks he pulled in that video he'd never get away with in England.

I am of course judging him solely on the basis of those three minutes with hideous background music, so my opinion is pretty much irrelevant.

Not writing him off at all, of course, I'm happy to see us bring in a talented youngster. So early in the January (!) transfer window too.

A good opportunist signing. What we have made our modern name doing. Player with skill and potential who's currently not too expensive. Do we know what the future fee would be?

But of course, it’s Levy :cool:

The man who brought you Bale, Modric, VDV, Eriksen - opps - how far has this guy fallen? A few months ago he was talked about as a £100m player. Quite shocking how Eriksen has tanked. Yet look at the stats and he has been up there with the best in the PL for us.

Gedson - can we call him that? so many Fernandes' about - seems like another player who has attributes, but needs a couple of years. Skillful, fast, but he doesn't have big enough legs :) More Alli than Bale legs. Nimble, rather than powerful? Time will tell. At 21 (just 6 days ago) everything is possible.

Hopefully the answer to our CMF issues... the fact that he was usurped by Adel Taarabt at Benfica suggests that he’s no wide player!

I’m sure it says he couldn’t get back into their CENTRAL midfield because of Adel Taarabt.

Cheeky bid? Come home Adel?

or Adele, even.

Benfica fans on a Benfica forum seems sad to see him go (as opposed to whatever someone wrote a few days ago about them seeing it as a "joke"). Supposedly a bit of a "wild child", according to some on there, speculating how that will go under Mourinho. Mourinho has such a standing in Portugal though, must be massive for the kid to be able to play for him.

Videos look good. Should be a good addition, although maybe not exactly what I was hoping for (Dier replacement). Hopefully he'll bolster our midfield in due time. :)

Ears hurt? Hmmm.

Oh dear... I quoted the wrong post.

THIS ONE is the video where Gedson's absence from the team last year is explained...
That explains a lot -- I did wonder why you seemed to be less than your usual lucid self!

What it doesn't explain, however, is how Adel Taraabt is good now. It's a strange world.

Benfica fans on a Benfica forum seems sad to see him go (as opposed to whatever someone wrote a few days ago about them seeing it as a "joke"). Supposedly a bit of a "wild child", according to some on there, speculating how that will go under Mourinho. Mourinho has such a standing in Portugal though, must be massive for the kid to be able to play for him.

Videos look good. Should be a good addition, although maybe not exactly what I was hoping for (Dier replacement). Hopefully he'll bolster our midfield in due time. :)

Well if he is a wild child, maybe he will settle and behave now he is in London where his family already live!

Not so opportunist then! Would suspect that is performance-related through. Doubt highly we'd splurge that on him - unproven as he is - without all sorts of clauses.

Its an OPTION to acquire him though, rather than an obligation. If he doesnt perform then we not buy him, or we go back to them and offer a lower amount

Given we're still hamstrung by the stadium and trying to limp along til we get the NFL franchise, naming rights done etc, I think this is a decent deal for us

Happy to see is building to the future and signing relatively young players even though Mourinho is in charge. Very early still, but so far at least it seems everyone is on the same page.

I don't have big expectations for him this season. Young, lacking match fitness, new league. Hopefully he can make a positive impact.

David Moyes remains hopeful of adding to his West Ham squad despite missing out on Gedson Fernandes, he has said.

“Was I disappointed [to miss out on Fernandes]? Well I don’t know, we will see in time,” said Moyes.

“I’m sure Tottenham will see him as a good signing. We’ve got other targets we have in mind and are looking at and will look to bring in the right ones if we can do.”

Moyes refused to be drawn on the chnces of bringing in Ross Barkley on loan from Chelsea, after reports in the national press this week.

Back