• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gedson Fernandes

He started quite a lot of games at Benfica the season before though. One never knows all of the reasons why a player is dropped. It could be that he was poor, it could be that the manager wanted to play a different way that didn't suit him, it could be a contractual/agent dispute. It could be anything.

The fact that he got capped by Portugal at such a young age says to me that he must have something about him. Lets see what he is like over the next 18 months. If he doesn't work out then it has cost us very little.

Pochettino spent two seasons unable to revamp the squad because there were already 17 non homegrown registered with levy unable to shift players.

This guy just clogs up a space of a signing we how wont make. We can't send him back, we can't reloan him. Mourinho can't not b register him because of Mendes.

On the low percentage chance he suddenly improves the fee agreed is ridiculous. And he will go somewhere else instead.

Ultimately we are now developing players to profit Mendes.

We now have 19 non homegrown for 17 places in the Champions League.

Very strange reading of the situation, IMO.

We know Eriksen and Wanyama (among others!) are leaving imminently, so Im not sure Fernandes presents squad issues.

He is a young, exciting prospect, who looks like he could fit in with our team really well. And represents a return to the sort of policy we built our success on.

Seen him described as Sissoko - but with vision (which means most of this board should be wetting themselves), and while not a direct comparison - he sounds like a Dembele like talent as well. In so much as he seems built for picking the ball up in our half and advancing it through to the forwards.

Its also a no-lose deal for us. If he isnt good, weve spent a few million and we send him back. If we do - we already have a price agreed and the option to buy. So the idea we are just developing players for someone else seems wide of the mark.

Im not sure whats not to like about it, to be honest.

My guess is that Vorm wouldnt be on the list, assuming Lloris has recovered in time, and then we'd leave either Wanyama or Foyth out given they dont seem to be getting much of a look in

Pochettino spent two seasons unable to revamp the squad because there were already 17 non homegrown registered with levy unable to shift players.

This guy just clogs up a space of a signing we how wont make. We can't send him back, we can't reloan him. Mourinho can't not b register him because of Mendes.

On the low percentage chance he suddenly improves the fee agreed is ridiculous. And he will go somewhere else instead.

One of those is Wanyama and one of those is Eriksen, I don't think either will be registered for the second half of the season. So immediately we're fine, even registering 3 overseas keepers.

It probably makes little sense to register Sissoko for the CL either considering his injury. Additionally we could also register only two of our three overseas keepers for the next stage of the CL if we're wanting to bring in another overseas player (especially as CL rules allow you to register a further keeper in event of one of your registered keepers getting injured/ill.

While Pochettino used to allow Levy to operate like that without putting up too much of a fuss I cannot see Mourinho giving Levy such an easy ride. Saying that we have too many overseas players is just an excuse really. If you tell a player that you're not registering them with a squad place then they will usually accept that they really do have to leave the club.

Foyth, not sure he will be loaned if a reasonable bid comes in.

Was listening to Mourinho talking about the difficulty with squads getting 'clogged' with players. He said all clubs have too many players and they must be thinned out but not just loans. Buying is the lesser problem it's getting rid that is the major worry for us.

Oh boo hoo.
What a misery you are.

This is a brilliant video and explains perfectly why Gedson did not do so much last year. Seems like some of the d.i.c.k.heads on this thread didn't bother to watch it.

A couple of years ago he was matching/surpassing Joao Felix... then he got injured, the manager changed, he was forced out of central midfield to play wide or up top and that is not his game.

Much like Renato Sanches before him.

Watch the video before commenting.

Hasn't been picked for a league game since October after falling out of favour... doesnt sound too positive. Still, willing to give anyone a chance in CM right now.

My understanding is that they switched to 4-4-2 and he didn't fit the formation.

I like how he looks like he beats players a lot. We have missed a player who can pass and beat a player under pressure since Moussa left

Be interesting to test Poch's theory that players need 6-12 months to be ready for this league with Fernandes.

I know nothing about the lad but good that we have sought to address a problem area early in the window.

I don't think that was Poch's theory. I think that what we saw was that it often took players a while to get used to how he wanted the team to play.

Back