• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ryan Sessegnon

He isnt there yet, and its unfair IMO to judge him against what he might be*.

He was there! That for me is the problem. He had some good games for Fulham and the U21 before Xmas 2018 but looks hampered by injury last season. I still think he has all the attributes but he looks total lacking in confidence. It must be a hangover from the last injury. I think this was reflected in the price of £24.3m.
The Ryan I know would have had the Middlesbrough right-back on toast.

It might also be that he is very young, and developing, and in a new club, after a lay off (his first) and he still has a ways to go to reach his potential?

Why does it have to be that he has regressed? Or lacks confidence?

Why cant it be that he is a 19 year old kid and, actually, is doing pretty damn well - even though we can see he has potential for a lot more.

I watch him and Im excited for what might be, baffles me that people are trying to lay into him.

It might also be that he is very young, and developing, and in a new club, after a lay off (his first) and he still has a ways to go to reach his potential?

Why does it have to be that he has regressed? Or lacks confidence?

Why cant it be that he is a 19 year old kid and, actually, is doing pretty damn well - even though we can see he has potential for a lot more.

I watch him and I'm excited for what might be, baffles me that people are trying to lay into him.

It's/I'm not "laying into him" its just expressing sadness, shock and disappointment to see him struggling for whatever reason.
He looks a shadow of the lad from 12 or moths ago. He looks likes he's shackled by something from within physically or mentally.
I hope we/Mourinho are not trying to turn him into back up for Ben Davies because that would be a total waste.

He isnt struggling though, thats my point. He isnt a shadow of himself either.

He is a young player stepping up and taking time to grow.

And even then, "shock and disappointment" is suggesting he is playing badly - he most certainly is not.

Don’t see the Bale/Sess comparisons really. Remember watching him at Fulham in the Champ during his purple season. He was cerebral then, wasn’t talking people on, was making the right choices. I remember Bale’s first spell of games at LB for us. Even then he was a force of nature with Uber confidence. 80% of the game is in the head. Bale had that exfactor there.

I think Sessegnon has it in him to take on players and attack space in a similar way.

I also think he has it in him to develop a similar physique.

Though Im at no point suggesting he ends up as one of the best forwards in the game, or follows Bales path exactly, rather he has the potential to really destroy fullbacks down that wing like Bale did. It wasnt necessarily with a huge amount of skill, rather the will to simply go for it.

Sessegnon does hold fire a bit there - but I think he has it in him.

Don’t see the Bale/Sess comparisons really. Remember watching him at Fulham in the Champ during his purple season. He was cerebral then, wasn’t talking people on, was making the right choices. I remember Bale’s first spell of games at LB for us. Even then he was a force of nature with Uber confidence. 80% of the game is in the head. Bale had that exfactor there.

Yeah I have heard a number of people, especially Fulham fans, say that his strengths are his intelligence and movement rather than speed and dribbling. I wonder if people just assume he is (or should be) good at taking people on because he's a young wide player who scored a lot of goals in the Championship, when maybe that isn't actually a strength of his?

He isnt struggling though, thats my point. He isnt a shadow of himself either.

He is a young player stepping up and taking time to grow.

And even then, "shock and disappointment" is suggesting he is playing badly - he most certainly is not.

He played in the Premier League you really are underestimating what he 'could' do.
No, he is not Bale but he has the potential. He continually last night looked to pass back and take the more defensive play, this could be his instruction from Jose of course, this was what it disappointed me.

He played in the Premier League you really are underestimating what he 'could' do.
No, he is not Bale but he has the potential. He continually last night looked to pass back and take the more defensive play, this could be his instruction from Jose of course, this was what it disappointed me.

Im not underestimating him at all, Ive followed his career since he broke in at Fulham in the Championship, I know what he is - and what he can be.

What I am doing is recognising where he is now, and refusing to bash him because he isnt fully developed as a Ronaldo clone.

I know he has more in him, but I am most certainly not disappointed in him so far. If anything, Im enthused, because I see one hell of a player there once he settles and grows.

Apart from being offside and skying it into row Z from 6 yards out... that was a good run to receive the cross from Tanga the Manga.

Full back to full back, just like Liverpool

Just because Sess has the physique and speed to take players on doesn’t mean he has the trickery or mentality to do so. It’s a bit like expecting Modric or Dembélé to score more than five goals a season.

And just because he hasnt been so bold yet, doesnt mean he doesnt have it in him.

I think its pretty obvious with us he has been looking to attack space but the balls havent been made, Id like to see him force the issue more by making the run anticipating the ball - rather than waiting for the ball first.

Just because Sess has the physique and speed to take players on doesn’t mean he has the trickery or meteorology to do so. It’s a bit like expecting Modric or Dembélé to score more than five goals a season.

if you’re expecting your DM / deep lying playmaker to score more than 5 goals a season then you are going to be seriously disappointed I’m afraid. Maybe you’d prefer mihilovic from Palace instead of those 2 if that’s your preference for a player in that position?

Way too timid tonight. Played fully within himself and was Aarons' bitch all night.

Especially for the penalty he just switched off like Aurier and let Aarons get past him, then lunged in for a stupid challenge.

Twuntastic.

Way too timid tonight. Played fully within himself and was Aarons' bitch all night.

Especially for the penalty he just switched off like Aurier and let Aarons get past him, then lunged in for a stupid challenge.

Twuntastic.
Dig at Aurier aside I agree. He needs to believe he belongs at Spurs. I have seen Dele and Eriksen have a go at him. He needs to mentally be strong and play like he owns that position.

He doesn't know that position well and at 19 looked out of his depth at times. I'm not gonna write the kid off, but someone just needs to build up his confidence. It all seems like it's a bit too much for him right now, which I guess it could be given that before now he's been at Fulham for so long.

He doesn't know that position well and at 19 looked out of his depth at times. I'm not gonna write the kid off, but someone just needs to build up his confidence. It all seems like it's a bit too much for him right now, which I guess it could be given that before now he's been at Fulham for so long.
Rose didn’t play LB until he went Sunderland and learned the trade there
He is young enough
And needs a confidence boost

Back