• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur-Middlesboro FA Cup Replay

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Honestly how did people think Sessegnon was terrible?! Have you seen our left back performances... he seems like he's got a very good head on his shoulders.
Lo Celso, Lamela and Tanganga were all fantastic. Dier was pretty terrible in that last period before being substituted and it's a real shame Davinson seemed to have another shaky game. While it may not directly lead to a goal conceded, missing easy headers, slicing clearances does nothing for confidence of the stadium and those around him.

Overall I though that was a very positive performance

Nothing to sob about at all, this. Not a great second half, but there was a lot of good stuff in patches, and lamela, Lo Celso and tanganga particularly stood out. We should've been at least 4 up before they scored.

Honestly how did people think Sessegnon was terrible?! Have you seen our left back performances... he seems like he's got a very good head on his shoulders.
Lo Celso, Lamela and Tanganga were all fantastic. Dier was pretty terrible in that last period before being substituted and it's a real shame Davinson seemed to have another shaky game. While it may not directly lead to a goal conceded, missing easy headers, slicing clearances does nothing for confidence of the stadium and those around him.

I watched the same game you did

Maybe he's lost something physically. But I think its mainly mental - a bruised ego. I think he can recover. He'll never be combative, but he still has touch and skills just needs to settle in a new club - which I think he will at the end of the window. Only 28.

When the camera went close-up on his face tonight he looked stressed to me. He’s not right. I’d be worried about him. I think the career path he had in his head isn’t going to come to pass and he’s really struggling with that.

Oh, and with Jan shagging his wife. :rolleyes:

Sessegnon was a pale imitation of the same player two seasons ago.
His confidence looks shot to ......

Today was good! There was some lovely one touch passing! You guys need to relax!

Yes fair enough there were things tonight that were much better than what we’ve seen recently. A bit more fluidity, better passing. Maybe I’m just a bit disillusioned at the moment. It didn’t feel like a performance ( especially second half) that would have seen us through against a better team but then it’s the old adage of you can only beat what’s in front of you I suppose.
Certainly positives in Lo Celso, Lamela and Tanganga.

Sanchez seems to have a real problem reading high balls. They were the source of his poor form earlier in the season.

The positives:
Like others I thought Tanganga was excellent (and I take back what I said about being worried about his skill level).
Lamela was also excellent (although I do wish he would use his right foot).
Lo Celso also good although I am slightly concerned at how often he gives the ball away. I
thought Sessegnon was absolutely fine, did well defensively and also contributed in our attacking play.
Vertonghen played pretty well (and bailed out Sanchez on a few occasions).

The OK's:
Moura, decent enough in his number 9 role (although should've squared to Eriksen for a tap in to make it 3-0 in the first half). I
I also thought that Eriksen was fine, not the old magical Eriksen that we used to know, but still decent enough.
Winks I thought was passable, I was annoyed with Son on a few occasions when Winks was breaking and could see that he was waiting for Son to start a run so that he could put him in one on one on goal but Son instead went out wide and just hung back.

Now onto the negatives....
Gazzaniga - have we ever had a keeper who is so slow at getting down to low shots? Is there another PL keeper who wouldn't have saved Boro's goal?
Sanchez.... what on earth was that? He was an accident waiting to happen all game (and never did we have to wait long for the accident to actually happen).
Dier.... I was going to say that he had found his level against Middlesboro, but he hadn't even done that. Can't run, can't get to the ball first ahead of the opposition, can't pass. There is seriously no point in him being in the team. Surely we can have a look at Skipp in the fact that it wouldn't actually be possible to be any worse? Wanyama must be completely and utterly broken for Dier to still somehow be ahead of him in the pecking order. I feel a little sorry for Dier in some ways and there were people around me in the stadium just laughing at him.

The positives:
Like others I thought Tanganga was excellent (and I take back what I said about being worried about his skill level).
Lamela was also excellent (although I do wish he would use his right foot).
Lo Celso also good although I am slightly concerned at how often he gives the ball away. I
thought Sessegnon was absolutely fine, did well defensively and also contributed in our attacking play.
Vertonghen played pretty well (and bailed out Sanchez on a few occasions).

The OK's:
Moura, decent enough in his number 9 role (although should've squared to Eriksen for a tap in to make it 3-0 in the first half). I
I also thought that Eriksen was fine, not the old magical Eriksen that we used to know, but still decent enough.
Winks I thought was passable, I was annoyed with Son on a few occasions when Winks was breaking and could see that he was waiting for Son to start a run so that he could put him in one on one on goal but Son instead went out wide and just hung back.

Now onto the negatives....
Gazzaniga - have we ever had a keeper who is so slow at getting down to low shots? Is there another PL keeper who wouldn't have saved Boro's goal?
Sanchez.... what on earth was that? He was an accident waiting to happen all game (and never did we have to wait long for the accident to actually happen).
Dier.... I was going to say that he had found his level against Middlesboro, but he hadn't even done that. Can't run, can't get to the ball first ahead of the opposition, can't pass. There is seriously no point in him being in the team. Surely we can have a look at Skipp in the fact that it wouldn't actually be possible to be any worse? Wanyama must be completely and utterly broken for Dier to still somehow be ahead of him in the pecking order. I feel a little sorry for Dier in some ways and there were people around me in the stadium just laughing at him.

Considering there is a lot of opinions there, I must say I agree with nearly all of it.
Wouldn't quite say Sessegnon was absolutely fine but certainly an improvement on his underwhelming start with us , although lest we not forget, this was against championship opposition where he excelled previously, not PL opposition where he hasn't!
I was also concerned how often Lo Celso gave the ball away , had a decent game and worked hard but doesn't quite look like a £50-60m player , he is improving but I do have my doubts he will ever be a £60m player.
Sanchez I totally agree , just what on earth was he doing ? Especially early on , making simple tasks look incredibly difficult, just like the mess when he was at fault for Villas goal on the opening day of the season ,he was at it again, can't seem to judge the flight of the ball and makes the wrong decisions such as when to get tight , when to drop off and then gets into a mess and panics.
Oh and Gazza ,although steady , will surely never be our no.1 if he can't get down quicker to those low pea rollers !
We need to kill games off though , final pass and some of the finishing was off. Must improve on this in PL games.

Last edited:
Back