• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

I imagine Eriksen and Mourinho made a deal that if Eriksen got picked, he'd leave in January for a fee.

Toby signs a new contract - gets picked every game. Jan doesn't - has to play LB and gets dropped for Sessegnon/Tanganga. Danny Rose has been pretty quiet too. I think Mourinho is probably doing a great job off the pitch and you imagine one of Levy's objectives will have been for him to save as much value as possible from the squad.

I agree, think Rose looks still injured.
Been great servants for the club all of them!

I think Eriksen has always divided opinion across the fanbase.

For me the ducking out of tackles or lacking physicality (depending on your viewpoint) has always been there lurking under the surface.
He has had 8-10 game lulls every season over the last 5 years where he has underperformed compared to his normal standards. Those gripes tended to come to the surface then.

When he's good, he's excellent and the heartbeat of the team. But he does have an Achilles' heel and a tendency to go missing when the going gets tough. Unfortunately the going has been very tough this season for the squad so I think that has made him look worse. When the team has been flowing, Eriksen has still come to the fore - Villa at home, Brighton at home, Norwich away to name a few.

I think Levy & Poch probably debated this for many hours and decided last season that ultimately it was worth keeping him. The fact we reached a CL final seemed to suggest that approach had borne fruit. I think we traded Eriksen's resale value to achieve reaching the final. To an extent it is somewhat offset by the money recouped from that night.

Personally I like a player who has an edge about them and is willing to leave a number on his opponent to show that he won't be intimidated, beaten or bullied. It personifies a winning mentality to me. Alli, Son & Kane have all shown they are willing to do that over recent years. Eriksen just doesn't have that in his make-up and for me I always felt if we were willing to take the risk we could trade him in for significant cash and set about this rebuild sooner. I'll go further and say that everything we achieved under Poch - semi-finals, CL final, runners-up in the league - I think if we'd had 1 or 2 more characters more like Alli/Kane and less laid-back like Eriksen we may well have dragged ourselves over the line and won something.

Its done now - Levy/Poch made that call to drag it out but its best if we part ways now. Looks like he's going abroad and good luck to him. I think for us its going to be better in the mid term to get away from our dependency on him. It may be painful but we could come out the other side stronger for it.

PLEASE, PLEASE STOP PLAYING HIM! WHY THE fudge IS HE PLAYING AGAIN TOMORROW?!?!

‘He’s not as his best, it’s because he might be leaving, he was poor against Liverpool... but he’ll play again tomorrow.’ :mad:

Because they have a real chance to win the league and there midfielders can't control the game. And while Lukakau and Martinez are doing there best, it's better to have a regista in Calcio.

Surely it’s insanity to play him, if he gets a bad injury then any deal is off and we lose the cash. Hoping it’s a bluff to get Inter to hurry up.

€16m euros seems fair considering we’d get nothing in four months. Plus saves a couple million in wages.

Apparently he’s agreed a salary with Inter of £100k pw after tax - so let’s do it!

(Also good luck to Eriksen in Italy. Was a joy to watch for a several years but obvious it’s time to move on)

Tottenham may keep Christian Eriksen until summer with Inter Milan ‘way off’ £25m valuation

Exclusive: PSG are prepared to meet Tottenham’s valuation this month but Eriksen has his heart set on a move to Italy

Christian Eriksen may yet remain at Tottenham Hotspur for the rest of the season, as the club are currently way off a deal with Inter Milan.

The Italian club are now the Dane's first choice and personal terms will be easy to conclude with the player's current deal up in the summer, but they have not yet met Spurs' valuation and have made a January offer of £8-10m that is considered by sources to be "derisory".

Paris Saint-Germain have sought to take advantage and indicated they will meet Spurs' valuation - believed to be around £25m - but Eriksen and his camp do not feel he will get sufficient gametime at the Parc des Princes.

That is not the case with Inter, and Eriksen is enthused by the prospect of working with Antonio Conte. While the Dane could make a huge difference in a tight title race with Juventus, and in a position that the coach is prioritising - Arturo Vidal was another target - the Serie A club are prepared to wait to get the best deal and are confident of doing that for June at least.

A complication is that Jose Mourinho wants to move Eriksen on as quickly as possible so he can properly build for the future without someone who will be leaving anyway, but the player and his camp would rather run the deal down.

The only way the situation will change is if Inter match Spurs' valuation this January.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...ilan-psg-later-free-value-price-a9283186.html

Wow. Just browsed through the first couple of pages of this thread. Some funny comments doubting whether he'd make it with Spurs, an insightful interview and a whole different attitude about him. Sad seeing it end like this.

Have you seen how he plays? The only risk of him getting injured is a team mate decking him for being so spineless.

I could quite easily see him getting injured trying to avoid a tackle :)

From the quotes it sounds like Levy is squeezing for every £ so he might around for a few more matches in any case (I guess tbf every million counts)

Because they have a real chance to win the league and there midfielders can't control the game. And while Lukakau and Martinez are doing there best, it's better to have a regista in Calcio.
He’s actually a combination of regista and trequartista and that’s what make him so unique and valuable.

On another note, not quite sure how this Inter thing came came about. He was dead set on Barca or Real, with Atletico or Juventus as back up

He’s actually a combination of regista and trequartista and that’s what make him so unique and valuable.

On another note, not quite sure how this Inter thing came came about. He was dead set on Barca or Real, with Atletico or Juventus as back up

They seemingly arent interested and definitely not at the summer purchase price.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

Back