• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

This Mourinho actually is very good with media and thus the fans!
He has though been media trained but even so he is like breath of fresh air just for the information conveyed even allowing for his spin!

The above is just bollox though isn't it. Davies didn't destabilise his whole system especially with Rose and Verts able to fill in. I think he's found out Dier is not quite as good as he wanted and had a bunch of other injuries.

He said that essentially further on in the press conference. His initial statement was of his plan with Davies, as much as we love Jan he hasn't looked up to playing the role required, neither has Rose so it is not wrong for him to say his initial plan had to be adjusted immediately, along with a slight dose of it's not my fault things haven't gone exactly to plan.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

I think for the most part he is really candid, and I like it.

Though its clear (especially when seen in print) how his comments can be made to seem much harsher than they actually are a lot of the time.

Doesnt help that his natural expression is one chewing a turd. Even when he hasnt got the grump on he looks like he is fuming.

Mourinho's team selections looks like a carbon copy of Pochettino's. Except for giving debut to Tanganga, he has not made any changes to our first 11. I think Mourinho should be more ruthless in his team selections, dropping players who don't perform especially Eriksen, Alli and Son.

Fair question. He did play him there for 5 league games in a row - Bournemouth, Burnley, Utd, Wolves, Chelsea. Maybe he thought he didn’t play well enough there? (To be honest I cant really remember how well he played there across those 5 games!) Or maybe he is indeed making excuses, after being tactically outdone by Chelsea and not knowing how to rectify it?!

Maybe Jan has been quite poor and Rose not suitable to tuck in, but it’s an interesting thing to take away 2 months of building the system for everyone else because you’ve lost one player.

I feel like we played it against West Ham and then Bournemouth at home was pretty similar - Aurier very high, Sissoko further forward in Moura’s advanced inside right position. That worked. And then somewhere along the line, we just stopped doing it, went to a more traditional back 3 and the awful performance versus Chelsea, Aurier more withdrawn.

I quite liked the idea of us being quite tactically innovative - the front 5 with the full back pushed way high is unique to us - but we dropped it quite quickly and results just tapered off in line with that. Again, hopefully the Liverpool game is a turning point in playing with Mourinho intensity.

Again, one of those where I think he is just being honest.

NDombele hasnt been fit, hasnt settled, isnt that far along the road of adding value for us.

I dont see any agenda or undertones, just the facts of it.

Lo Celso, by comparison, is impressing more and more - and seemingly set for more minutes.

'Injured and with lots of problems' seems like quite strong language?! Though I haven't seen the video, so appreciate it might come across differently in person.

'Injured and with lots of problems' seems like quite strong language?! Though I haven't seen the video, so appreciate it might come across differently in person.

Recommend you watch it, because thats exactly the case IMO.

And often is particularly with him.

Happened a lot with Poch as well, his comments would sound very severe when taken in isolation in print (deliberately), but if you actually watch the press conference the tone is entirely different, and hence so is the meaning.

Though he was also rather vague/abstract a lot of the time which set these things up.

I think Mourinho is very literal. I actually dont think he says much with an agenda, intended dig etc as he is so often portrayed.

If you watch the press conferences he seems to answer all questions as honestly as he can, and thats it.

Of course there will be times when he is having a pop - but IMO they are far more obvious and outside the norm.

Maybe Jan has been quite poor and Rose not suitable to tuck in, but it’s an interesting thing to take away 2 months of building the system for everyone else because you’ve lost one player.

I feel like we played it against West Ham and then Bournemouth at home was pretty similar - Aurier very high, Sissoko further forward in Moura’s advanced inside right position. That worked. And then somewhere along the line, we just stopped doing it, went to a more traditional back 3 and the awful performance versus Chelsea, Aurier more withdrawn.

I quite liked the idea of us being quite tactically innovative - the front 5 with the full back pushed way high is unique to us - but we dropped it quite quickly and results just tapered off in line with that. Again, hopefully the Liverpool game is a turning point in playing with Mourinho intensity.

The tactic for me was always going to be short lived though. You get Davies to tuck in and push Aurier high all the time and teams will then focus on hurting you down your right hand side. In Poch's time, you had both full backs pushing on and the threat could come from either so it's harder to defend. For me, what Jose did in the first couple of games wasn't sustainable.

Mourinho's team selections looks like a carbon copy of Pochettino's. Except for giving debut to Tanganga, he has not made any changes to our first 11. I think Mourinho should be more ruthless in his team selections, dropping players who don't perform especially Eriksen, Alli and Son.
That will come once he has a few players in and a few months to work in training.
Right now he can't complain too much because he hasn't been able to give that much direction.
He also doesn't want a mutiny without a plan B.
Right now, who are his generals? His Lampard, Carvalho, the racist taco, Ivanovic, Drogba?
It will come where it's "my way or the highway". But we are not there yet

The tactic for me was always going to be short lived though. You get Davies to tuck in and push Aurier high all the time and teams will then focus on hurting you down your right hand side. In Poch's time, you had both full backs pushing on and the threat could come from either so it's harder to defend. For me, what Jose did in the first couple of games wasn't sustainable.
No way does he mean it.
It's the same Mourinho, just less confrontational on the surface.

Results don't go well:
I. Deflect away from players and take responsibility
II. Some events happened that can be used to reflect - use it.

It's all an illusion - making you look somewhere else whilst he works on what he needs to.
And here we are talking about a player and tactic that currently don't exist.
It's good stuff

I haven’t read the OMT yet so not sure if someone else picked up on this but it seems that he’s potentially now got a reverse answer to the “4 out of possession moving in to a three in possession” defence strategy he’s been talking about losing after Davies’ injury, with Tanganga becoming part of the three and Sessegnon bombing up the wing. (Not that Tanganga isn’t capable of some bursting runs either btw but you know what I mean).

I commend Mourinho for trusting in Tanganga.

No way does he mean it.
It's the same Mourinho, just less confrontational on the surface.

Results don't go well:
I. Deflect away from players and take responsibility
II. Some events happened that can be used to reflect - use it.

It's all an illusion - making you look somewhere else whilst he works on what he needs to.
And here we are talking about a player and tactic that currently don't exist.
It's good stuff
It’s part of his art
People pick up on him naming and shaming players but I believe there comments he has already raised with that player
The deflection stuff though is something he has used a lot with great success

I haven’t read the OMT yet so not sure if someone else picked up on this but it seems that he’s potentially now got a reverse answer to the “4 out of possession moving in to a three in possession” defence strategy he’s been talking about losing after Davies’ injury, with Tanganga becoming part of the three and Sessegnon bombing up the wing. (Not that Tanganga isn’t capable of some bursting runs either btw but you know what I mean).

I commend Mourinho for trusting in Tanganga.
And when Tanganga goes, Dier drops if needed

Apart from starting Moura and Dier regularly, opting for Davies immediately when he was fit and picking Verts at left back I’m not sure how much more personnel change would be sensible.

I agree regarding Eriksen, injuries haven’t helped I that regard I guess.
Alli and Son have not had long periods of not playing well under his recent tenure to warrant dropping and don’t have similar standard replacements sitting on the bench to rotate with at the moment.

Apart from starting Moura and Dier regularly, opting for Davies immediately when he was fit and picking Verts at left back I’m not sure how much more personnel change would be sensible.

I agree regarding Eriksen, injuries haven’t helped I that regard I guess.
Alli and Son have not had long periods of not playing well under his recent tenure to warrant dropping and don’t have similar standard replacements sitting on the bench to rotate with at the moment.
I agree as we really didnt have many options when Mou first joined. You could argue that Skipp, Parrot and Tangana were players that could have been given chances but with a new coach just taking over I'm not surprised he stuck with the recognised options rather than unproven youth players.

Lo Celso was the only player that I think he has wrongly underused especially when the alternative was Eriksen who has both been poor and importantly has no future with us.

We have to let him find his feet and the players he has available, he clearly though Dier was an answer but seems to have since changed his mind based on performances. I trust him to want the best for the team and not just pick favourites, he may just need some prodding with the more fringe players over time.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

As its said many times it will take time for Jose to get what he wants, he took over a team that was struggling with players that were just going through the motions, injurys to some key players, transfer/contract problems and just as important confidence among the players at a low ebb.

I have seen a bit of progress over the last couple of games and with players like Lo Celso, Sess and hopefully Ndombele settling, I hope Davies gets over the injurys and gets back and then we should see our results improve. I really think top four is out of the question though and so no CL but we should make the EL so we can still stay in Europe competition.

Back