• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur-Middlesboro FA Cup Replay

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

greatwhitenorf

Vedran Corluka
Where: Tottenham Hotspur Stadium
When: Jan. 14, 2020
Kickoff: 8:05pm

Entry music: Star Wars
Sung by: Bill Murray

Starting lineup

Gazza; Aurier, Sanchez, Tanganga, Vertonghen, Rose; Dier, Winks; Moura, Eriksen, Dele; Son

Their purpose: Turn Middlesboro over

AMPB11-Honey-badger-eating-leopard-tortoise.jpg

I would put Foyth and Parrott in, however there havent been any signs that they'll get any game so I'll go with the following (though I'd like to see Foyth for Aurier and Parrott at least on the bench):

----------------------------Gazzaniga--------------------------

---Aurier--------Tanganga--------Sanchez--------Vertonghen--

-------------------Dier---------------Lo Celso-------------------------

---------Lamela-------------Dele--------------------Sessegnon-----

-------------------------------Son--------------------------------------

Hope we don’t see Eriksen, Vertonghen, or Rose. Maybe some of you will remember that at the start of the season I said that Eriksen shouldn’t even be in our squad. I think his performances this season have supported that view.
When he was on top of his game for us, a couple seasons ago, he really was different class, but lately what does he even do?! Thanks to him for his time at the club...Arrivederi
From now on we really should only be using players who want to be here.

From the BBC:

Eriksen started against Boro in their FA Cup third-round match, which finished 1-1, and looks likely to again when they play the replay at Tottenham Stadium.

"He plays tomorrow," said the Spurs boss. "After that I have a match on Saturday and he maybe plays on Saturday again.

"I cannot tell you much more than that."

Would much prefer to see Lo Celso start

From the BBC:

Eriksen started against Boro in their FA Cup third-round match, which finished 1-1, and looks likely to again when they play the replay at Tottenham Stadium.

"He plays tomorrow," said the Spurs boss. "After that I have a match on Saturday and he maybe plays on Saturday again.

"I cannot tell you much more than that."

Would much prefer to see Lo Celso start
Really hope this is just a JM wind up!

Team for Boro 2.0

.......................Gazza........................

......,..,Tanga.......Sanchez...... Verts

Aurier.................Dier.................Sess

..............LoCelso........Lamela

..........Moura ..............Son

That defence should be more than enough to contain Boro and that attack more than enough to win the game. A well deserved rest for Toby and Dele ahead of Watford. No place for Eriksen or Rose. Parrott on the bench for the last 20 minutes

3-0.

Team for Boro 2.0

.......................Gazza........................

......,..,Tanga.......Sanchez...... Verts

Aurier.................Dier.................Sess

..............LoCelso........Lamela

..........Moura ..............Son

That defence should be more than enough to contain Boro and that attack more than enough to win the game. A well deserved rest for Toby and Dele ahead of Watford. No place for Eriksen or Rose. Parrott on the bench for the last 20 minutes

3-0.

Eriksen will play

---------------------Gazzaniga------------------
Aurier---Tanganga--Vertonghen--Rose
-----------Eriksen----Dier----Lo Celso-------
-----------Moura---Parrott------Son------

Subs: Vorm, Sessegnon, Sanchez, Winks, Dele, Lamela, Skipp.

I’d be looking at this game and the remaining games this season to get as many minutes as possible in to the legs of:

Foyth
Tangana
Davinson
Sess
GLC
Lamela
Ndombele
Winks
Skipp
Parrott
Fernandes (If he joins)

We are now unlikely to make top 4 so Jose may as well take the opportunity to get under the bonnet on all of the above. 1. To see how they perform and 2. To give them experience. He would then have a clear picture going into next season about who he wants to keep and where he wants to strengthen.

It is hard to get motivated for this match. This is a FA Cup replay we could have done without. Boro are struggling in the Championship but we still played poorly and failed to beat them in the first match away. Not sure which Spurs will turn up for this match. With FA Cup being our only realistic chance to win a trophy this season, we really should lift our game to go all the way to win it. With all his experience in winning trophies, Mourinho should get the team motivated in all the Cup matches like this.

We should play our best available players except for those in poor form. Alli and Son played like zombies at Boro in the first match. So, they should be dropped for this match. Lamela and Lo Celso deserved to start after their good performance against Liverpool. Moura scored at Boro, so he should start as well. But Moura really should be scoring more goals for us. He should be playing like a true Brazilian, instead of playing like a Scottish ! Moura should be inspiring us like the Brazilians at Liverpool.

Our options are very limited in midfield due to injury problems. With Ndombele and Sissoko out injured, we don't have many midfielders to choose from. I think Mourinho should call back Wanyama and see if he can still perform for us. Dier and Winks are error prone but I think we should start Dier in this match. After all, Winks had a poor match against Boro in the first match.

Our defence cannot seem to keep the clean sheet this season. Wish Mourinho can do something to improve our defending. Our best defenders are still Alderweireld and Vertonghen. But Vertonghen seems to be out of favour now due to his contract problems. Tanganga did well against Liverpool. So won't mind if Tanganga gets involved in this match. But can see Mourinho starting Sanchez in this match. Hope Gazzaniga and the defence won't get complacent against Boro. With due respect to Boro, it will be annoying if we don't keep the clean sheet in this match.

Our Cup matches against lower division teams used to be enjoyable as we used to beat them easily. But it is no longer so as we always seem to struggle in all the Cup matches in recent years. Hope Mourinho will bring back the feel-good factor in the Cups again. Let's hope we will turn up with the right team and mentality to beat Boro and progress to the FA Cup Round 4 match against Southampton.

Everybody dance now!

We seem to be facing too many injury problems this season. Wish Mourinho can help us overcome this. We don't seem to have any easy matches nowadays. Can see Boro making it tough for us again in this match. We need to get an early goal to help us settle our nerves and then go for more goals to kill the game off. Let's hope we will put up a good performance and get a comfortable win to progress to the next round of the FA Cup.

I agree. Jose has stated that he will play though.

I dont get JM atm. He keeps making contradictory statements and chooses ludicrous starting X1s.

JM said: Dele needs to start further up ( and indeed his early successes was when he played him there) . Now he drops him deeper. Why?

JM said : he doesnt want Sissiko as a CM - and then plays him there!

JM said : Sess is not ready to play left back and then plays him there.

JM said he wants a passer and destroyer in CM , yet rarely chooses this combo.

JM left Eriksen out after his chat with him presumably after CE said he was leaving. Now he selects him for every game.

I know we have injuries but some things are simply mystifying.

I dont get JM atm. He keeps making contradictory statements and chooses ludicrous starting X1s.

JM said: Dele needs to start further up ( and indeed his early successes was when he played him there) . Now he drops him deeper. Why?

JM said : he doesnt want Sissiko as a CM - and then plays him there!

JM said : Sess is not ready to play left back and then plays him there.

JM said he wants a passer and destroyer in CM , yet rarely chooses this combo.

JM left Eriksen out after his chat with him presumably after CE said he was leaving. Now he selects him for every game.

I know we have injuries but some things are simply mystifying.

Because of injuries, suspensions and poor form.

Back