• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gedson Fernandes

Hold on, we are offering in the region of 55m for a player that’s been dropped from the Benfica side this season?

That doesn’t automatically make it a bad thing, there may be valid reasons for it (injuries?), but it raises a flag I would think?

Depends why, I would think. Reports are he has fallen out with the manager, so perhaps not dropped on footballing merit.

Also, the whole nature of loan then buy deals means you only ever pay the value if the player proves worth it.

As I said the last page, I know nothing of him aside from what Ive read the last couple of days, sounds an interesting player though and I wonder if the idea is he pairs with NDombele as the more defensive of the two.

Very Spurs like deal - young player with some top flight experience. De-risked deal by the loan first

I dont mind this deal, though with Ndombele, Lo Celso (assuming he signs permanently) and now Fernandes we have 3 midfielders all who would benefit from a DM alongside them. Suggests to me that we'll be going 4-3-3 a bit in future

4-3-3 works well for Kane, Son and Moura in my view. Less well for Dele, though I guess if he plays on the side where we have a very attacking full back (Aurier or Sessegnon) then he can push more centrally

Is this the same player we were linked with around April time last year?

I remember we were linked with someone then from benfica around the same time we were liked to berwighn from psv.

Im sure its him but cannot find the article. Would be interesting to know if it was the same player or someone else.

In the murky world of football transfers and super agents taking a lesser player on their books can lead to being given priority on their star clients

Tottenham manager Jose Mourinho has been asked about Gedson Fernandes arrival at the club but plays it with a straight bat.

"I am waiting for news," he said.

"But news can come or not. I am more worried about Middlesbrough than the market. He is a Benfica player. I don't know if my friends, the Benfica coach and president, would be happy if I speak about one of their players."

He’s not not getting my football juices flowing in the slightest.

That's a rather dry assessment.

He's got good wheels and awareness, solid dribbling skills, the balls and brawn to play a physical game. All the ingredients needed for wet, windy weeknights at WBA.

In honour of our impending Portuguese arrival, it's only appropriate that another Spurs Portuguese alumni provide inspiration for a word of celebration:

Gazumpification.

This is a bit of an odd one. Not a holder. Not an Eriksen type player why we wasting our time.

Need a CF , RB , DM yet we are loaning a youngster who has been sat on the bench.

This is a bit of an odd one. Not a holder. Not an Eriksen type player why we wasting our time.

Need a CF , RB , DM yet we are loaning a youngster who has been sat on the bench.

Maybe we'll start playing 4-3-3 so need more midfielders?

Perhaps Jose thinks he can mould him into a right sided attacker in a 4-2-3-1?

Who knows but if Jose wants him and he helps move the squad on, then I'm supportive

Maybe we'll start playing 4-3-3 so need more midfielders?

Perhaps Jose thinks he can mould him into a right sided attacker in a 4-2-3-1?

Who knows but if Jose wants him and he helps move the squad on, then I'm supportive

We will see . Again don’t see this a anything we need in the here and now. Which is a worry.

Back