• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur Vs Liverpool

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The game plan was fine, although I would've preferred it in reverse, with the Argentinians starting the game, rather than again being asked to rescue a game in the last 30 minutes ...

The players gave it a shot but I'm not pleased with a first half 27% possession... For the first hour, we were awful with our ball possession, especially when playing out of defence .. I felt, Eriksen and Winks were not making themselves available to the player with the ball - it's called, hiding!
Dele was doing his usual of holding on to the ball for to long and Rose was needlessly hoofing it up field, all to often out of pure panic when put under a little pressure.

Couldn't fault the efforts of, Gazza, the three central defenders, Aurier and the front two, Sonny and Lucas...

Winks and Dele, were so very much better after Lo Celso and Lamela were bought on as Liverpool started to stand off us due to the new threat posed by our Argentinians.. We really should've equalised with the Lo Celso chance and, Sonny's chance was disappointingly blazed over..

It will get better but I feel it's a time to be patient and let's see what Levy/Jose can do in the next couple of transfer windows..

KTF ...COYS...

The game plan was fine, although I would've preferred it in reverse, with the Argentinians starting the game, rather than again being asked to rescue a game in the last 30 minutes ...
As Jose said in the presser, it is called game management. You nullify things, you stay in the game, you fight and keep the scoreline low... then you gradually open up and go at Liverpool hard for the last half hour, with fresh Argentinian legs.
Lo Celso should definitely have scored. And Son could have had a couple, it was a good game, a good plan.

As Jose said in the presser, it is called game management. You nullify things, you stay in the game, you fight and keep the scoreline low... then you gradually open up and go at Liverpool hard for the last half hour, with fresh Argentinian legs.
Lo Celso should definitely have scored. And Son could have had a couple, it was a good game, a good plan.

Yeah I saw his post match presser and as I said in my match post, it were okay with me he went that way.. But you need to have a midfield in a game of football and I felt ours were poor today...

I’ve just got in and although we lost I’m happy with the manner of our defeat, it finally looks like we have a game plan that the players can follow and although they should have had a brace we were not bereft of chances either.

Quite proud of the performance tonight having come away from the game. Here’s hoping that when we aren’t playing a top side these players keep this level of intensity. I had Pool mates commenting on how we were winning the 50-50s which we just haven’t fine enough of this last year.

I don’t think, other than Rose, there was really a player who played bad, and plenty of players played good. Special praise to Japhet, Toby, Sanchez, and Aurier who looked like a top player out there and a good competitor for the big moments. We needed to be clinical when we had our chances but no issue with the plan - at least we limited Liverpool and created some gilt edged ones ourselves. Need to keep the level of intensity as I say.

Hope Tanganga doesn't go the way of KWP. MoM on your debut and then a steady decline thereafter.

Very, very disappointed with the result given the chances we had. But thought we did well.

The game plan was excellent. You could see how José tried to nullify their full backs and at the back, first half, aside from the early chance, Gazza's save and the goal, I thought we were secure and always had an extra man to get a block in. Rose was horrible though and Eriksen was tinkle poor. We were also pathetic in possession.

Second half, we looked very good. Was very impressed with Gazza, Aurier, Sanchez, Tanganga while Lo Celso and Lamela contributed when they came on. Moura was also a constant threat throughout.

On Liverpool, I was surprised by a few things watching them in the flesh. While some of the passing and movement was frightening, the amount of times they played in straight lines and just looked for pace was an eye opener. Their defence was also very, very open when we put pressure on them. I was amazed at how easy it was to get to their back line at times. Finally, they can be cynical when they want. There were a number of clear tactical fouls that the ref should have punished with a card but didn't.

So, all in all, not too downbeat but it's looking less and less likely that we will get top 4.

@thfcsteff I am encouraged that we looked better organised after a weeks training. Mourinho has been saying that this is what he needed since he arrived and there were signs that he might be right.

Probably worth keeping in mind that playing behind the ball that way against a team like Liverpool, who will dominate, means you get to focus purely on that aspect - I'll be more impressed if we can sort our defensive shape out in games where we are expected to attack more/play higher up the pitch

Last edited:
Leaving the game aside, Liverpool fans were absolute rubbish yesterday. For a team that, bar all out disaster, has the league wrapped up, I'd have expected far more noise from them, but they were largely silent. Which was a blessing.

Leaving the game aside, Liverpool fans were absolute rubbish yesterday. For a team that, bar all out disaster, has the league wrapped up, I'd have expected far more noise from them, but they were largely silent. Which was a blessing.

Agreed. For such a shower of sanctimonious fudgers ("this means more"), they were pretty poor. There were a couple of generic chants and the cringeworthy "Fields of Anfield Road" but that was it.

Thought our fans gave a decent account.

After all the doom and gloom before the game I suppose a 0-1 defeat might seem like a victory, but it was a defeat so I don't really get all the positivity.
Two defeats in a row, no goals in two goals, we haven't scored this year!

I also don't get why we are happy with the tactics yesterday, I'm sure if you go on RAWK (shudder), they will say klopp got his tactics spot on, press us, score and sit back and hit us on the break.
Why did it take until the 60 odd minute to change it? Once they scored our tactics and personnel should have changed at half time/50 mins.

Lastly, don't blame Eriksen, blame whoever is picking him, repeatedly.
The closer he gets to the door the less he is going to try, that's so natural and obvious I honestly wonder WTF is going on there.

It's controversial I know but I don't believe Dele deserves an automatic start. He qneeds quality competition because he makes so many brain dead decisions.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk
I don't think it is controversial. I think he doesn't deserve a first team shirt on his current form.

Isn't that what we did at Anfield during the last match? We kept it tight after scoring but then left it too late to attack them. It's not revolutionary and the result was the same- we lost. Liverpool are so high on confidence they will beat anyone.

Isn't that what we did at Anfield during the last match? We kept it tight after scoring but then left it too late to attack them. It's not revolutionary and the result was the same- we lost. Liverpool are so high on confidence they will beat anyone.

We done it quite often early doors under Poch but as we got better we were confident to take on most teams with our own game

Back