• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur Vs Liverpool

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why damn? Give the kid a chance !
Apart from Tanganga this is the personnel and formation I thought we would go with.
5-3-2 with Son and Moura crossing over.
I believe this is as good as we could have put out.
Personally, I'm happy to see Rose playing. He's our best left back imo.

Not unhappy about it, just surprised. :)

Will be interesting to see who picks up their wide forwards. If its our CBs, then its a tad risky as we'll be going 3 vs 3. If its our full backs then we end up being pinned back as a back 5, and we'd be reliant on Dele picking up TAA.

Presumably Tanganga never plays as a DM?

So we're basically set up to defend, hoping to get them with pace on the counter attack. Sensible approach, I assume.

Although we'll probably blow it in typical Spurs fashion with a massive defensive howler or a controversial VAR call within the first ten minutes.

Absolutely no problem with Tangana getting a chance. Good on him.

My problem is the persistence with a 5 man defence and 2 man midfield. They will be on us every 30 seconds and the wing backs (when the've played in a 5) have somehow got sucked into the CBs despite there being 3 of them.

I really hope Jose has done some work this week and the full backs have been drilled to stop TAA and Robertson, even close to a man marking effort.

From an attacking point of view - it might be worth splitting Moura and Son wide so that TAA and Robertson are forced back a bit.But that is the opposite of compact - so cant see it.

Happy to see Tangana given a chance. I was very impressed with him during the summer. Not expecting much from the game just want a decent performance. COYS!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

Wow, what a weak line-up. Poor old Tanganga ain't gonna enjoy his debut!

Rose and Aurier are liabilities, hopefully they just man-mark (goalside) TAA and Robertson all match to totally nullify that aspect, but I MASSIVELY doubt they have the professionalism to do so.

I can see us getting massively pumped tonight. And not in a good way. Just pumped and pumped and pumped again.

Our midfield has the strength of wet toilet paper.

Absolutely no problem with Tangana getting a chance. Good on him.

My problem is the persistence with a 5 man defence and 2 man midfield. They will be on us every 30 seconds and the wing backs (when the've played in a 5) have somehow got sucked into the CBs despite there being 3 of them.

I really hope Jose has done some work this week and the full backs have been drilled to stop TAA and Robertson, even close to a man marking effort.

From an attacking point of view - it might be worth splitting Moura and Son wide so that TAA and Robertson are forced back a bit.But that is the opposite of compact - so cant see it.

Yeah, we’ll end up playing as a back 5. I’d be more optimistic is we had some leaders in the team to constantly gee people up, but there is zero leadership and zero fighters jn that team

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

What a negative lineup
OMG
Not sure negative is an apt description. We are essentially playing with a front 3 and a playmaker behind them, or a fluid front 4 possibly. I'm not saying it's a good lineup (I'll reserve judgement on that until the end of the game :)) but certainly not negative.

Yeah, we’ll end up playing as a back 5. I’d be more optimistic is we had some leaders in the team to constantly gee people up, but there is zero leadership and zero fighters jn that team

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I'm fearing the worst. Even if our full backs managed to do a job on theirs that leaves their forwards 3 on 3 as we have no sheild. We simply have to take any chance we get.

Back