• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer window thread.

Highly unlikely but I was wondering if there was actually a Levy-way of doing this. Given we like to buy young up and coming players, and based on players linked:

Ben White: £20m fee, but loaned to Leeds (seems low but press articles mentioned this)
Aarons: £30m
Piatek: £28m
Gedson Fernandes; loan
So £78m outgoing

Offset by:
Eriksen £17m
KWP loan (fee counters Gedson loan fee)
Wanyama: £10m

So thats net £51m out. Would Levy spend that? I'm not sure I see us buying one player, let alone 4 though

There's so much "just pay up and get him". Well, it ain't that easy! Football clubs have great media exposure, but in terms of revenue we, and pretty much all clubs, are quite small.
Put things into some perspective. We have a total revenue of around £450m. So splashing out £100m in a transfer window would be almost 1/4 of our total revenue! There are very few companies that can make those kind of investments. That just isn't doable. There isn't liquidity to do that, especially now, when we are carrying a net debt of probably around £500m.
The last number I saw was £637 million debt taken on as a result of the stadium. Add that to the pretty much zero net spend for four year prior to this one and the significant funds already allocated to the stadium prior to then I think we're probably looking at between £1 billion and £1.2 billion to build the stadium. Having to allocate that £400 to £600 million of funds to the stadium over the last 8 years or so has clearly hurt us in terms of investing in the playing squad. The higher than expected level of debt now the stadium is complete is likely to continue to hurt us for a while yet. I just hope that cost of credit remains low for the next 10+ years!

Highly unlikely but I was wondering if there was actually a Levy-way of doing this. Given we like to buy young up and coming players, and based on players linked:

Ben White: £20m fee, but loaned to Leeds (seems low but press articles mentioned this)
Aarons: £30m
Piatek: £28m
Gedson Fernandes; loan
So £78m outgoing

Offset by:
Eriksen £17m
KWP loan (fee counters Gedson loan fee)
Wanyama: £10m

So thats net £51m out. Would Levy spend that? I'm not sure I see us buying one player, let alone 4 though
We're not getting £10 million for Wanyama. We'll probably also get nothing for Eriksen (who might as well go for zero this summer).

The last number I saw was £637 million debt taken on as a result of the stadium. Add that to the pretty much zero net spend for four year prior to this one and the significant funds already allocated to the stadium prior to then I think we're probably looking at between £1 billion and £1.2 billion to build the stadium. Having to allocate that £400 to £600 million of funds to the stadium over the last 8 years or so has clearly hurt us in terms of investing in the playing squad. The higher than expected level of debt now the stadium is complete is likely to continue to hurt us for a while yet. I just hope that cost of credit remains low for the next 10+ years!

After the refinancing of the stadium debt, the stadium will cost us something like £28m per annum for x number of years.

We have a long term loan on excellent terms (better than united could get for example)
The ground is done and dusted now and as long as were playing top level premier league football it’s not an issue

Yes, but not impossible. I'm guessing there will be quite a few teams wanting Eriksen come summer (or even now), so pay up now, and you stand a much better chance than fighting for him as a free agent come summer!
Great other than the fact that Eriksen himself has to agree the deal. The club has zero power at all in this deal. Our only hope is that Eriksen signs a pre contract deal with an overseas club and we then persuade them to pay a small fee to bring that forward by six months.

Great other than the fact that Eriksen himself has to agree the deal. The club has zero power at all in this deal. Our only hope is that Eriksen signs a pre contract deal with an overseas club and we then persuade them to pay a small fee to bring that forward by six months.

If Inter are persuing a deal then chances are they already know that Eriksen is open to a move

Back