• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

This boards view on *alleged* racist behaviour

One statement which says that we aren't punishing any individual fans due to lack of evidence and that spurs will continue trying to foster an antidiscriminatory environment is job done and we can leave it there.

called it

So what kind of damages can we take like likes of Sky, Martin Tyler, Gary Neville, The Mail or Ollie Holt to court for? Labelling our fans and the club as a disgrace immediately after the event with no evidence.

Absolute joke. Holt is doubling down and saying we've obscured the investigation! Sickening.

Really? Where did you see this?

So what kind of damages can we take like likes of Sky, Martin Tyler, Gary Neville, The Mail or Ollie Holt to court for? Labelling our fans and the club as a disgrace immediately after the event with no evidence.

Absolute joke. Holt is doubling down and saying we've obscured the investigation! Sickening.
The club should be calling for a public apology from Rudiger on behalf of our fans too.

I'm assuming he has been in contact with this spurs fan that he found on twitter and knows all the facts. :rolleyes:

^^^^^
Go back to page 11 of this thread:

Not sure if posted already, but first comment I've seen from a fan saying he did hear racist abuse -

but this was also posted on the same page:

The following was posted by JimB at Skyscrapercity. I think he was a member here in one incarnation.

https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=549397&page=4416

I'd say Twitter (surprisingly like the official investigation) can find no clear evidence...............

The club is not going to demand an apology from Rudiger, and nor should they.
They have made clear in the statement that they support his actions. His claim is not being disputed, (the club couldn’t possibly do that, even if they wanted to), just neither proven nor disproven. This was always the best outcome we could have expected.

It would have been good if our statement could have included a line about unhelpful media speculation whilst the investigation was ongoing, but that would most likely have been twisted as deflection.

Social media is awash with Spurs fans calling Rudiger a liar, a cheat (can’t argue with that one), demanding retractions and apologies. And every single time that happens it is grist to the mill of scum ‘journalists’ such as Oliver Holt and other commentators with agendas to pursue. They don’t have to face up to how they all jumped the gun and were quick to accuse. Instead they can stay seated on their moral high horse and decry Spurs fans for questioning the integrity of a man who believes he was racially abused. And let’s be honest, if fans of another club did that to one of our players in the same circumstances we would be outraged.

In a little over a month we go to Stamford Bridge. Rudiger is going to get booed every time he comes within a foot of the ball or anywhere near the away end and it will be loud and clear on tv – and no doubt with the sound amplified for extra emphasis. Forget that he is likely being booed for his over-reaction to Son’s kick (I’m not excusing Son, he deserved his red card). We all know what the narrative is going to be. Martin Tyler (or whomever) will talk about how terrible it is that this is the way Spurs fans treat a player for reporting racism. Gary Neville will continue his political point scoring at our expense. Lampard in the post match press conference will highlight what a torrid time Rudiger was given but how it won’t stop Chelsea encouraging their players to report racist behaviour. Just let that sink in – Chelsea - and by extension their fans, the club with the most racist fans of all - come out of all this smelling of roses, whilst Tottenham Hotspur, with its diverse fanbase and history of confronting racism, continues to be smeared.

As much as it wrankles and as much as it hurts to see our reputation blighted in this way, Spurs fans need to draw a line under this one.
Of course, it is not going to happen.

They have made clear in the statement that they support his actions. His claim is not being disputed, (the club couldn’t possibly do that, even if they wanted to), just neither proven nor disproven. This was always the best outcome we could have expected.

It would have been good if our statement could have included a line about unhelpful media speculation whilst the investigation was ongoing, but that would most likely have been twisted as deflection.

Social media is awash with Spurs fans calling Rudiger a liar, a cheat (can’t argue with that one), demanding retractions and apologies. And every single time that happens it is grist to the mill of scum ‘journalists’ such as Oliver Holt and other commentators with agendas to pursue. They don’t have to face up to how they all jumped the gun and were quick to accuse. Instead they can stay seated on their moral high horse and decry Spurs fans for questioning the integrity of a man who believes he was racially abused. And let’s be honest, if fans of another club did that to one of our players in the same circumstances we would be outraged.

In a little over a month we go to Stamford Bridge. Rudiger is going to get booed every time he comes within a foot of the ball or anywhere near the away end and it will be loud and clear on tv – and no doubt with the sound amplified for extra emphasis. Forget that he is likely being booed for his over-reaction to Son’s kick (I’m not excusing Son, he deserved his red card). We all know what the narrative is going to be. Martin Tyler (or whomever) will talk about how terrible it is that this is the way Spurs fans treat a player for reporting racism. Gary Neville will continue his political point scoring at our expense. Lampard in the post match press conference will highlight what a torrid time Rudiger was given but how it won’t stop Chelsea encouraging their players to report racist behaviour. Just let that sink in – Chelsea - and by extension their fans, the club with the most racist fans of all - come out of all this smelling of roses, whilst Tottenham Hotspur, with its diverse fanbase and history of confronting racism, continues to be smeared.

As much as it wrankles and as much as it hurts to see our reputation blighted in this way, Spurs fans need to draw a line under this one.
I disagree entirely on the apology.

We, as Spurs fans, have been accused of something absolutely disgusting for which there is no evidence whatsoever.

If I publicly called Rudiger a child rapist and could not back that claim up with clear evidence, then I would have to clearly and publicly retract the statement that Rudiger is a child rapist. Equally, in this case, Rudiger (for whom I have found no conclusive evidence that he is or is not a child rapist) should be forced to publicly retract his accusations of our fans.

I disagree entirely on the apology.

We, as Spurs fans, have been accused of something absolutely disgusting for which there is no evidence whatsoever.

If I publicly called Rudiger a child rapist and could not back that claim up with clear evidence, then I would have to clearly and publicly retract the statement that Rudiger is a child rapist. Equally, in this case, Rudiger (for whom I have found no conclusive evidence that he is or is not a child rapist) should be forced to publicly retract his accusations of our fans.

If you reported it in good faith through established protocols but it could not be proven then you probably wouldn’t be expected to apologise. If it could be shown that your accusation was made with malice aforethought (wasn’t that a tv drama many eons ago?) then the police and/or Rudiger would be within their rights to take action against you.

I’m on the benefit-of-doubt side of things and prefer to believe that Rudiger would take such a claim seriously and therefore the most likely explanation is that he misheard something. Others believe he plain made it up. There’s no evidence to definitively prove or disprove either hypothesis.

You made the good point earlier that we have a brand to protect. Keeping a racism story alive (and I know I’m doing just that by posting here), demanding an apology that is not going to be forthcoming, and making ourselves the victim, no matter how badly we have been maligned, does little to protect the brand.

Great post, one I'd like to share in certain threads on social media if you wouldn't mind?

If you reported it in good faith through established protocols but it could not be proven then you probably wouldn’t be expected to apologise. If it could be shown that your accusation was made with malice aforethought (wasn’t that a tv drama many eons ago?) then the police and/or Rudiger would be within their rights to take action against you.

I’m on the benefit-of-doubt side of things and prefer to believe that Rudiger would take such a claim seriously and therefore the most likely explanation is that he misheard something. Others believe he plain made it up. There’s no evidence to definitively prove or disprove either hypothesis.

You made the good point earlier that we have a brand to protect. Keeping a racism story alive (and I know I’m doing just that by posting here), demanding an apology that is not going to be forthcoming, and making ourselves the victim, no matter how badly we have been maligned, does little to protect the brand.
Again, I have to disagree.

If I made the accusation that Rudiger is a child rapist without any evidence whatsoever (as Rudiger has against us) I would absolutely be forced to publicly retract that accusation.

For clarity and legal reasons, I have to point out that I an not saying Rudiger is a child rapist, I am merely pointing out that there is no absolute proof that he isn't, and in the words of those filthy racist clams themselves:
Chelski said:
... a lack of evidence does not mean an incident did not take place

It would be best for all concerned if Rudiger issued a statement. Just to close this off. Highlighting racism and how taboo it is is no bad thing ultimately.

It would be best for all concerned if Rudiger issued a statement. Just to close this off. Highlighting racism and how taboo it is is no bad thing ultimately.
It's not, but accusing innocent fans of racism just because you're a bit butthurt is really damaging to the cause.

Ollie Holt and Darren Lewis should be called out on their continued push for Spurs to be pulled through the mud.

Ultimately because racism is such an issue the official line from them both is - They have said so it must be true, which is basically led and based on the colour of their skin which for me is a problematic way of looking at things. If we get to a point where we say "he is black so it must be true" then we have bigger issues and no real understanding of how to tackle racism. As I keep saying, you don't tackle racism by just shouting RACIST.

Holt has absolutely shamed himself with his conduct, have a look on his twitter feed - "doubling down" doesnt come close.

He clearly has issue with us and is pushing this to suit his agenda.

I think its most likely no racism took place, and Rudiger misheard something as such, and thats about the size of it.

And I have no issue with that. If he has heard something (or thinks he has), then it should absolutely be reported. And then it should absolutely be investigated fully. Ive no problem there whatsoever.

And even if he is playing games (I dont think he is) the process should still absolutely be honoured, because it sets a precedent/sends a message for future incidents.

Where I really take issue is the absolutely disgusting response from the media. And in particular the like of Holt.

There was no suggestion of innocence until proven otherwise, no appreciation for the need to investigate, none of it.

They publicly lynched us as a simple reflex. And now some are just digging themselves deeper.

There was no balance, no consideration for the club and fans accused, nothing.

Just an opportunity to signal their wokeness and lay into Spurs (& fans) as they are always so eager to do.

Its a public trial by fire before there are even facts established.

Ollie Holt and Darren Lewis should be called out on their continued push for Spurs to be pulled through the mud.

Ultimately because racism is such an issue the official line from them both is - They have said so it must be true, which is basically led and based on the colour of their skin which for me is a problematic way of looking at things. If we get to a point where we say "he is black so it must be true" then we have bigger issues and no real understanding of how to tackle racism. As I keep saying, you don't tackle racism by just shouting RACIST.
Sol Campbell does

Back