• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur vs Smoggies in FA Cup

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll step up and defend what I think are cheap comments. I try not to throw them around. Straight debate? Fine.

I'll leave you with your Serge love-in chaps. I've said my piece and I stand by it.

I will say at least we can rely on this forum to always reach the ultimate conclusion...that it is all actually Sissoko's fault. Laughable again.

The final bold-faced line? Come on. Really? LoCelso, NDombele, Lamela, Winks, Alli, Sissoko, even Dier, and you're saying they're the problem versus not having even one decent, fit, proper left-back and a right-back who thinks he's a winger? I suppose it is a game of opinions...

Yes the midfield is the problem.

You have named one proper DM in that lot and he is coming back after a long lay off and has flaws.

Also we are not creating much, which isnt all on the CM area but they are playing the part

Were they more open or did we have a player with a more expansive passing range and vision ?

I do see a merit to the arguement re Winks who was I thought largely ineffectual (again). But I refuse to make excuses for a player. I saw Dele with my own eyes misplace numerous passes today, that's on him.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk
Dele has never been a great passer
He is a finisher though and that’s his strength

I'll step up and defend what I think are cheap comments. I try not to throw them around. Straight debate? Fine.

I'll leave you with your Serge love-in chaps. I've said my piece and I stand by it.

I will say at least we can rely on this forum to always reach the ultimate conclusion...that it is all actually Sissoko's fault. Laughable again.

The final bold-faced line? Come on. Really? LoCelso, NDombele, Lamela, Winks, Alli, Sissoko, even Dier, and you're saying they're the problem versus not having even one decent, fit, proper left-back and a right-back who thinks he's a winger? I suppose it is a game of opinions...

Ndombele and Lo Celso have barely featured. Lamela has been injured this entire Jose period. Ali is a mediocre CM and it's questionable if Sissoko, Winks and Dier are even at the level of Mediocre at this point. CM is 100% a problem, for me the most obviously glaring problem. The teams we have been putting out this season have regularly had no quality in midfield.

We do have FB issues undoubtedly but we also and imo more importantly have been picking bottom half of the table CMs. So no control of the ball or tempo of a match, it's absolutely not surprising when every team with a decent set of midfielders completeltly bossses us.

Dele has never been a great passer
He is a finisher though and that’s his strength
I agree and that's what I was trying to explain to Thfcsteff. Lo Celso came on and immediately made a massive impact in comparison.

Ndombele and Lo Celso have barely featured. Lamela has been injured this entire Jose period. Ali is a mediocre CM and it's questionable if Sissoko, Winks and Dier are even at the level of Mediocre at this point. CM is 400% a problem, for me the most obviously glaring problem. The teams we have been putting out this season have regularly had no quality in midfield.

We do have FB issues undoubtedly but we also and imo more importantly have been picking bottom half of the table CMs. So no control of the ball or tempo of a match, it's absolutely not surprising when every team with a decent set of midfielders completeltly bossses us.

We just don’t have a spine.

Everyone of our CM has a considerable flaw

Wanyama - dead
Winks - injury prone
Dier - passing/returning from long period out
Sissoko - poor footballer
Dombele - injury prone and questions over his mentality

Haven't read this thread so apologies if this point has already been made:

Worst possible result. A loss would have been significantly better.

We have been playing brick but no game is easy......

Lets try and get some confidence going in this club if that is possible..yes things need to be changed
and we do need a new confident strong skillfull defence for starters. The whole team needs changes..Lets see if this new Manager can turn us around. You can see drastic changes are desperately needed and a couple of Top signings from somewhere..We still have some great players we need to build on this. Jose said we have some good players in the squad..I hope we can get back to where we have been over recent years and play some class football.
Anyway,, Come on you Spurs............

I agree and that's what I was trying to explain to Thfcsteff. Lo Celso came on and immediately made a massive impact in comparison.

:)

You do appreciate that he is playing OUT of his best position and is now back to playing two/three positions per game, right? LoCelso made an impact because he had more space to operate in and was playing in a midfield without the Winks/Eriksen Bermuda triangle. In essence, his "role" when LoCelso and Lamela were on was to pick up deep and move the ball QUICKLY forwards to one of Eriksen, LoCelso and Lamela i.e. the Winks role. He did that well. He was NOT back there as the "deep creative playmaker"...again, he was doing a role similar to that which Southgate asked him to do in the World Cup.

Ndombele and Lo Celso have barely featured. Lamela has been injured this entire Jose period. Ali is a mediocre CM and it's questionable if Sissoko, Winks and Dier are even at the level of Mediocre at this point. CM is 400% a problem, for me the most obviously glaring problem. The teams we have been putting out this season have regularly had no quality in midfield.

I agree, we seem unable to find the midfield blend, but we do have players there, two of them recently signed who will bed in and find their feet providing we can give them a shape, pattern and structure to play within. I personally believe that starts with having a strong, solid defense which contains FBs who have the potential to either play in a 5 as wing-backs or a 4 more as FBs. At the present times, numbers suggest we less of those in our squad.

The best midfield in the world doesn’t help when the defence cannot defend basics

The best midfield in the world doesn’t help when the defence cannot defend basics
We always disagree [emoji1787]

For me sure the defence can fudge up and give cheap goals away that's far from desirable.

If we have a functioning midfield maybe we could rescue those games or even stop the attacks in the first place due to our own dominance.

Defend with the ball or keep your opponent's honest because they know at any point you can put together a killer counter. As it stands they know they can pressure us and our possession will crumble and then you can get at our "defence". It's the worst of both words.

A few tough months coming up, but I’m still confident we have the right man to sort it. Until we clear out those who don’t care things won’t improve. I’m more worried about getting rid of a few in January than about getting any in.

We always disagree [emoji1787]

For me sure the defence can fudge up and give cheap goals away that's far from desirable.

If we have a functioning midfield maybe we could rescue those games or even stop the attacks in the first place due to our own dominance.

Defend with the ball or keep your opponent's honest because they know at any point you can put together a killer counter. As it stands they know they can pressure us and our possession will crumble and then you can get at our "defence". It's the worst of both words.

Today and Southampton were simple long balls over the top. Basic bread and butter defending
That’s 80s football and we can’t deal with it
Toby can’t turn, jan can’t run and Dier seems to be a square peg

Today and Southampton were simple long balls over the top. Basic bread and butter defending

Frighteningly I’ve just watched the Liverpool kids give Everton a football lesson and we are so far behind! But with a big dollops of schadenfreude we are not the only ones!

Last edited:
I honestly I can't dance with any of that, the Belgian duo are finished to my eye and Dier is blegh.

My issue is the remaining 60 minutes of the match were we lacked any ideas or the ability to make things happen until the introduction of Lo Celso and Lamela.

1 in 5 against teams that are at best no better and most cases much worse than us.

It's time for a lot of people to wise up, this team is dead, and has been for a considerable time.

Agreed. This is it for me. A lot of the discussion around this or that player is nearly irrelevant. They are all somewhat talented to varying degrees. There’s just a mix of don’t wanna be here anymore / don’t know why they joined in the first place / nothing left to give.

The identity we had is gone. The culture we had is gone. Try as these players might, you can’t cheat the direction of sporting travel and we’ve tried to do it. They all have value as pro footballers. At other clubs they can play important roles. As a collective together here, I think they’ve had it.

We’ll win a few games this season. We’ll lose a few. We’ll labour to a few draws, but I’ll be stunned if we manage to make top 4 or win this thing. I hope to be proven wrong but FFS, you’ve got Liverpool’s kids out there winning a derby against a team of men, first 11 players, and we’re umming over whether Serge or Dele are bringing what they need to bring. It’s Middlesbrough lads...we’ve fudged it.

I honestly I can't dance with any of that, the Belgian duo are finished to my eye and Dier is blegh.

My issue is the remaining 60 minutes of the match were we lacked any ideas or the ability to make things happen until the introduction of Lo Celso and Lamela.

Yeah don’t disagree with that
We didn’t play with a DM either so just had attacking minded players
The team just looks mentally broke
And it looks no different to what it did 12 weeks ago
Jose needs to make the big calls now that possibly Poch wouldn’t (we don’t know)

seeing pools kids ably supported by some senior players play with a real swagger highlights it comes form within. Their youth side hasn’t done anything of note IIRC until last season and suddenly they look decent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back