• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

This boards view on *alleged* racist behaviour

black person alleges white person was racist in a situation where it is impossible to prove or disprove
white people check, and say: "no one was racist here. the black person is mistaken or playing the race card. because we have found no evidence, this racist abuse obviously did not happen.
many people are lead to think: by extension, this means most people who allege racism are just making it up and it just sucks we can't have a full investigation every time.
black people think: nothing has changed, white people are as racist as ever, this happens every time, I swear to GHod one of their fans threw a banana on the pitch and i saw that one with my own eyes; next time i'll just keep my mouth shut because what is the point.

can you not see the optics?

we just need to let it die by itself
You're right. We should probably just call everything that isn't racist racist forever, that's the only way to solve it.

What a clam. His article only works on the premise that Spurs fans were actually racist.

They clearly weren't. Rudiger is, at best, mistaken and more likely malicious in his claims.

I don’t think he’s malicious, I think he’s just misheard a ‘Who Who Who let the Yids out’ chant and that’s lead to all of this. I have sympathy with an athlete hearing that and reporting it, because I don’t live their life I can’t begin to understand the prejudices that must be felt, but to respond to @benp ’s point, I don’t think there’s actually anything wrong with making it clear he may have misheard because we can’t find evidence to the contrary. It’s not gonna die if Holt is putting that garbage out there, and at some point it will be right for the club to defend itself.

That said, if Rudiger was malicious with it, he’s one of the biggest clams on the planet. To cheapen the genuine struggle of so many would be one of the worst things someone can do, so bad that I just wouldn’t ever believe he would actually do that.

what I found the most disturbing about his piece that he chose to include one Twitter comment of a fan ( a tottenham fan by his account ) that suggesed he heard racist chanting. But did not include all the other accounts that have said they never heard anything. So he made a selective choice to choose the one comment he had seen that backed up his piece against us.

If in this modern age with CCTV, witnesses, lots of stewards and police etc that only one person has said they heard chanting against many who have said they have not. How he can draw his conclusions. Oh thats right! he called everyone a coward who would not step up and back up the claim. Then he goes on to mention the banana moment as well. Seems like he wants to really dig into us as a club. Levy must have told him to do one or something.

I don’t think he’s malicious, I think he’s just misheard a ‘Who Who Who let the Yids out’ chant and that’s lead to all of this. I have sympathy with an athlete hearing that and reporting it, because I don’t live their life I can’t begin to understand the prejudices that must be felt, but to respond to @benp ’s point, I don’t think there’s actually anything wrong with making it clear he may have misheard because we can’t find evidence to the contrary. It’s not gonna die if Holt is putting that garbage out there, and at some point it will be right for the club to defend itself.

That said, if Rudiger was malicious with it, he’s one of the biggest clams on the planet. To cheapen the genuine struggle of so many would be one of the worst things someone can do, so bad that I just wouldn’t ever believe he would actually do that.
It's not the first time he's done it.

I'd be more inclined to believe him if it was his first offence. And he knows full well what racist chants sound like - he's a Chelsea player, he hears it every week.

It's not the first time he's done it.

I'd be more inclined to believe him if it was his first offence. And he knows full well what racist chants sound like - he's a Chelsea player, he hears it every week.

It wasn't him that accused supporters of racism in the previous incident fwiw

Just because he was the person who the supposed abuse was directed at does not mean he would have been in a position to hear it. So would have no responsibility to confirm or deny someone elses accusations.

Last edited:
The Club and the Metropolitan Police have now exhausted all avenues of investigation following the reported incident at our home fixture against Chelsea on 22 December.

We carried out extensive reviews of CCTV images and footage, working with professional lip readers. All materials and reports have now also been reviewed by the police who have carried out their own investigation.

The police have notified us today that, having reviewed and investigated, they have closed the crime report as they can find no evidence to support the allegation of racial abuse.

We fully support Antonio Rudiger with the action that he took - however there is no evidence to corroborate or contradict the allegation and as such neither ourselves nor the police are in a position to take any further action.

We are fiercely proud of our anti-racism work and our zero tolerance of any form of discrimination. This is one reason why we have attributed so much time and resource to investigating this matter. Had we identified anyone guilty of this we were intent on issuing them with a lifetime ban from our stadium as they would have no place among our proud, diverse fan base.

If any new information comes to light, this will be fully investigated.

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/ne...-on-alleged-racism-incident-at-chelsea-match/

The Club and the Metropolitan Police have now exhausted all avenues of investigation following the reported incident at our home fixture against Chelsea on 22 December.

We carried out extensive reviews of CCTV images and footage, working with professional lip readers. All materials and reports have now also been reviewed by the police who have carried out their own investigation.

The police have notified us today that, having reviewed and investigated, they have closed the crime report as they can find no evidence to support the allegation of racial abuse.

We fully support Antonio Rudiger with the action that he took - however there is no evidence to corroborate or contradict the allegation and as such neither ourselves nor the police are in a position to take any further action.

We are fiercely proud of our anti-racism work and our zero tolerance of any form of discrimination. This is one reason why we have attributed so much time and resource to investigating this matter. Had we identified anyone guilty of this we were intent on issuing them with a lifetime ban from our stadium as they would have no place among our proud, diverse fan base.

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/ne...-on-alleged-racism-incident-at-chelsea-match/
Brilliant statement. Strikes exactly the right tone.

Well done Levy.

The End.

Spurs said:
however there is no evidence to corroborate or contradict the allegation

Still a bit soft for my liking. Analysing all the video footage and showing that none of the people in that section were racially abusing Liar, liar, pants on fire Rudiger is, in itself, a contradiction of the allegation.

So what kind of damages can we take like likes of Sky, Martin Tyler, Gary Neville, The Mail or Ollie Holt to court for? Labelling our fans and the club as a disgrace immediately after the event with no evidence.

Absolute joke. Holt is doubling down and saying we've obscured the investigation! Sickening.

Back