• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur vs Smoggies in FA Cup

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a better player when off form or injured than Moura is when fit, that's why he was picked.

It's one point of view.....

He's a better player when off form or injured than Moura is when fit, that's why he was picked.

It's one point of view.....

I think factually Kane scores at a very competitive rate when coming back from injury whereas Mouras had a couple of brief spells where he's managed 1 in 3, it's not a contest. People feel Moura is hard done by cos of the Ajax hat trick, which is fair enough but it's the duty of the people on charge to pick the team they feel has the best chance of winning, not rewarding players who done well on previous games and ultimately a team with Kane in is more likely to win than one without.

Kane was injured the last time that we played up at Riverside and we then went on to beat the league leaders at WHL in our next EPL match, so hopefully that’s a good omen...

616B0165-94A8-4A15-B649-E68B459C2617.jpeg

FA Cup remains our only realistic hope of winning a trophy this season. We used to have a great record in the FA Cup but have not won it since 1991. Since then, we have lost 8 semi finals in the FA Cup. It is clear we have to overcome the semi finals jinx if we are to win the FA Cup again. Looking at our poor performances this season, it is not going to be easy. Mourinho needs to find back his old magic to inspire us to go all the way to win the FA Cup. We have won our last 3 matches against Boro. We need to continue that good record to get another win against them in this match.

There will be temptations to rest players in this match. But we need to avoid getting complacent. Remember, we lost to lowly Colchester in the League Cup earlier in the season. Frankly, don't want us to rest any players. We should use the best available players to get back our winning form. With Kane out injured, our other attacking players like Son, Alli, Moura, Eriksen and Lamela should get involved in this match. Our new signings, Lo Celso and Sessegnon have been disappointing since joining us. Maybe they can come on later in the match as needed.

Our midfield have been poor this season. We are still unsure who are our best midfielders. Disappointingly, Ndombele has become injury-prone since joining us. Sissoko has been inconsistent while Winks and Dier are too error-prone. I think Mourinho should call back Wanyama and see how he performs under him. Who knows, maybe Wanyama will lift his performance with Mourinho's guidance.

Our defence have been out-of-sorts this season, unable to keep clean sheets. We look like can concede goals every time being attacked. For some reason, we tend to get panic easily. Mourinho really needs to do something to improve our defending. All our defenders and the goalie should concentrate on defence-first policy instead of getting too ambitious. With due respect to Boro, it will be annoying if we cannot keep the clean sheet in this match.

Boro are struggling in the mid table of Championship. Since they are playing at home, can see them lifting their game against us, just to prove a thing or two. We need to be clinical and ruthless in front of goal to beat them. Let's hope we will turn up with the right team and mentality to beat Boro and progress to the Round 4 of the FA Cup.

Everybody dance now!

Want us to field a strong team against Boro in this match. We beat Tranmere 7-0 away in the FA Cup Round 3 last season. Wish we can get another comfortable win in this match. We need to get an early goal to help us settle down and then go for more goals to kill the game off. Let's hope we will put up a good performance and get a convincing win to progress to the FA Cup Round 4.

I’m disappointed as I was due to go to this one, a rare away game. Ticket in hand, coach booked.
Then I spent all of yesterday curled up either in bed or on the sofa feeling like cr@p, shivering, aches and pains all over. I finally had to concede about 8pm last night that a 12 hour round trip coach journey, plus not being sure if I’d even be able to keep standing for 90 minutes, was probably not the best idea.

Hope all those who have made the trek up there have a good day and bring back a win.

I’m disappointed as I was due to go to this one, a rare away game. Ticket in hand, coach booked.
Then I spent all of yesterday curled up either in bed or on the sofa feeling like cr@p, shivering, aches and pains all over. I finally had to concede about 8pm last night that a 12 hour round trip coach journey, plus not being sure if I’d even be able to keep standing for 90 minutes, was probably not the best idea.

Hope all those who have made the trek up there have a good day and bring back a win.

Get well soon. Sounds nasty.

I hope that you feel better soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back