• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

A huge aspect that we will never know the reality about us that during levy’s “busy period” on the ground how much money did we really have to spend... we may well have had cash but we know we didn’t know the end cost of the ground

would levy or Poch have gambled on a big money signing with big money wages to boot knowing what they didn’t know?

Now we have a much greater financial footprint things can be planned accordingly on the playing side. The natural frustration is we may have sacked the best man for the club because of uncontrollable failings and we may not end up better off. We don’t know what we don’t know yet again but that’s football

what is clear is that some of the problems Poch had haven’t gone the way of a miracle cure form Jose. We still have players not pulling their expected weight (could be effort, form, fitness, motivation or other factors) and we have had a very busy spell to test out the players too which IMO can only be a good thing as Jose knows more about the players

That's what I think as well, we should have been comparing our on field ambitions to what we were spending, that level of achievement with the same level of investment could not go on indefinitely.
Club earnings up, squad costs down for four seasons, and yet progress is expected. Not a good combination.

Sorry mate i am not having a go at you ( honest) but he has only been here for a short period and took over a team that according to a lot of fans on here were finished and brick. For fudges sake he has been here 6 weeks, i guess fans think, consider, hope, expect him to have changed a team that most of them thought was finished.

You could not make it up. And i repeat my post is not meant to offend you but for fudges sake lets get a bit of reality into the real world.

I agree with your overall sentiments, but the boldfaced part above? People were saying we had a "great squad" and that Poch was simply failing to get it out them. It was wrong to say at the time and it is wrong now IMO. Again, FWIW, I agree, Mourinho must be given every backing he needs, including time.

Last edited:
A huge aspect that we will never know the reality about us that during levy’s “busy period” on the ground how much money did we really have to spend... we may well have had cash but we know we didn’t know the end cost of the ground

would levy or Poch have gambled on a big money signing with big money wages to boot knowing what they didn’t know?

Now we have a much greater financial footprint things can be planned accordingly on the playing side. The natural frustration is we may have sacked the best man for the club because of uncontrollable failings and we may not end up better off. We don’t know what we don’t know yet again but that’s football

what is clear is that some of the problems Poch had haven’t gone the way of a miracle cure form Jose. We still have players not pulling their expected weight (could be effort, form, fitness, motivation or other factors) and we have had a very busy spell to test out the players too which IMO can only be a good thing as Jose knows more about the players

Mate,
Genuine question. Why is it that no-one really seems to have taken onboard the bit about "being brave" two years ago dovetailed with wanting to move a few on quickly, even if that meant, say, a few less million? I know I know, not MY millions so easy to say, but once again, take Eriksen. We are looking at a player who might possibly go for nowt, has given us little for just under a year and for whom we could've got 80-100 mill if Levy had dropped that maximum value tag on his head (or ponied up at the moment it was there to be done - that moment passed quickly as we know)? If Poch had that 80-100 plus 35 or so from Toby, plus 5 from Janssen and what, 5 from Nkoudou plus 20 from Rose (again two seasons ago) that would be some stash. I know it is speculative, but I never see this quite plausible speculation as part of the speculation game. Why?

Mate,
Genuine question. Why is it that no-one really seems to have taken onboard the bit about "being brave" two years ago dovetailed with wanting to move a few on quickly, even if that meant, say, a few less million? I know I know, not MY millions so easy to say, but once again, take Eriksen. We are looking at a player who might possibly go for nowt, has given us little for just under a year and for whom we could've got 80-100 mill if Levy had dropped that maximum value tag on his head (or ponied up at the moment it was there to be done - that moment passed quickly as we know)? If Poch had that 80-100 plus 35 or so from Toby, plus 5 from Janssen and what, 5 from Nkoudou plus 20 from Rose (again two seasons ago) that would be some stash. I know it is speculative, but I never see this quite plausible speculation as part of the speculation game. Why?

a huge thing with player sales is that none of the ones we were happy to sell were wanted by better clubs than so spurs so players turn down moves. Wanyama did just that thus summer. Eriksen by all accounts turned down Atletico. Players dictate where they go as a much as the club and maybe (just a complete guess) knowing that if the turn down moves the will still get games hasnt helped (Aurier said he has NO competition here so didn’t need to leave just this summer). Also some players joined here to work with the coaches and maybe felt the had unfinished business. We took hits on plenty of players but also the real failures didn’t have suitors and loans didnt help them either

the brave thing I genuinely believed was a comment aimed at highlighting the long term signing up of him and some other players (as in they were being brave too), as well a stage prospect of not signing anyone of note and still aiming high. It’s a comment that can be taken many ways and we know that Poch is massively contradictory in his pressers, but his book was called brave new world and was all above philosophies and development of him and players.

I agree with your overall sentiments, but the boldfaced part above? People were saying we had a "great squad" and that Poch was simply failing to get it out them. It was wrong to say at the time and it is wrong now IMO. Again, FWIW, I agree, Mourinho must be given every backing he needs, including time.
We have a great squad IMO but not necessarily a balanced one. We are relying for whatever reason on players who have failed here (Aurier) or are past it possibly (Verts, Rose) along with players who didnt want to play here (Toby) in key positions. Add in new arrivals clearly needing time at a point where the club is a rocking boat and it’s always going to be tough.
What i dwell on a lot is we’re not losing games because we’re being outplayed (and we are being outplayed in some)
We’re losing because we consistently concede goals from our own unforced errors. At least Southampton forced Toby to fall over before the goal... stop the errors and you can win games comfortably
I’m convinced that even a passes it Mourinho (if he is which I doubt) can fix these errors but not overnight, and not without also acquiring some players he wants and needs, as Poch did too.

We have a great squad IMO but not necessarily a balanced one. We are relying for whatever reason on players who have failed here (Aurier) or are past it possibly (Verts, Rose) along with players who didnt want to play here (Toby) in key positions. Add in new arrivals clearly needing time at a point where the club is a rocking boat and it’s always going to be tough.
What i dwell on a lot is we’re not losing games because we’re being outplayed (and we are being outplayed in some)
We’re losing because we consistently concede goals from our own unforced errors. At least Southampton forced Toby to fall over before the goal... stop the errors and you can win games comfortably
I’m convinced that even a passes it Mourinho (if he is which I doubt) can fix these errors but not overnight, and not without also acquiring some players he wants and needs, as Poch did too.

FFS man! Turn your predictive text off and your spell check on or take more water with it :rolleyes:(probably both tbf ;))

All transfers should go to defensive improvements.
We also need to review our fitness, sports psychology and nutrition staff.

We have enough options for attack. Even with Kane and Dombele out.
And have a renewal plan for every position. Don't need to keep verts in the team to make him future coach, no need to keep playing Kane our potential future legend if there are better options that will make us more competitive.

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Chelsea and Southampton were both awful. We were second best by a long, long way in both.

Brighton I thought was an even game overall, we got a win but they deserved a draw. Norwich I thought we played reasonably well. Deserved to win that one and were just undone by a couple of defensive mistakes.

Are you forgetting United? We were pony in that game too

Mate,

Or was it perhaps that Levy no longer trusted Poch with our transfer budget and preferred known quantities that were already here? Look at our buys over the time Poch was in charge. 26 players purchased - and how many outright successes? Probably only Son - with maybe one season from Wanyama. Not exactly a stellar track record!!!!

Jose needs to spend. Its obvious. He absolutely needs two players for a new spine - probably a CB & DCM / CM that will come and be "his men" and be the fulcrum of a new side. We need to jettison the old dead wood plus a couple of perceived big names - I'd show Dele the door, for example.

He needs to bring in players to fill the gaps he and his team have found and impliment a proper playing style.

There was also a lot of fans saying that players had gone past their sell by date, yes a lot of fans were saying Poch had lost it ( as you know i was NOT one of them) but equally there were as many blaming players for a lot of our problems ( i was one of them).

But as i said above Jose has been here 6 WEEKS not 6 months and already some have their knives being sharpened, i should not be surprised i guess as we all live in a world where folks think/shout i " want it and i want it now". Sad really.

There was also a lot of fans saying that players had gone past their sell by date, yes a lot of fans were saying Poch had lost it ( as you know i was NOT one of them) but equally there were as many blaming players for a lot of our problems ( i was one of them).

But as i said above Jose has been here 6 WEEKS not 6 months and already some have their knives being sharpened, i should not be surprised i guess as we all live in a world where folks think/shout i " want it and i want it now". Sad really.

Another point being over looked atm regarding Jose and the length of time he's been here, he hasn't had a proper opportunity to assess the squad, so I think the chances of a big window is slim.
He will need time to get to the bottom of the malaise.

Another point being over looked atm regarding Jose and the length of time he's been here, he hasn't had a proper opportunity to assess the squad, so I think the chances of a big window is slim.
He will need time to get to the bottom of the malaise.

Could not agree more ( plus the fact that Jan is not really the best time to sign top players), what gets me is that there are fans who believe that 6 weeks is time enough for us to be showing a big improvement despite the fact that with 2 games a week, injurys, illness and not much time on the training/gym work we should be doing a lot better.

Could not agree more ( plus the fact that Jan is not really the best time to sign top players), what gets me is that there are fans who believe that 6 weeks is time enough for us to be showing a big improvement despite the fact that with 2 games a week, injurys, illness and not much time on the training/gym work we should be doing a lot better.
I think the fans calling out the fact that we’re not doing a lot better are simply doing so in response to the posters on here who were adamant that we had a great squad and the only problem previously was the manager.

That was what was pitched to us those by some of those desperate to get Jose in.
Jose will have firing and into top four by Christmas, can't blame others for reminding them of it.
Was never going to happen in my opinion, there is no magic bullet for our issues, no matter the manager.

I think the fans calling out the fact that we’re not doing a lot better are simply doing so in response to the posters on here who were adamant that we had a great squad and the only problem previously was the manager.

You are probably spot on about that and i do not disagree, sad really because we should all want the club to do well but reality says it will take time for it to improve to what we want it to be.

Back