• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v South Coast's Biggest Club

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
St Mary's Stadium
3pm Wednesday 1st January 2020
Live on BT Sport

12632-1bnsfsq.gif
Brave decision.

As a victim of your OMT wrath, I’m volunteering this as your avi penance...

upload_2019-12-31_18-37-15.jpeg

Southampton’s very own Craig David (all over your face).

I think either tomorrow or against Middlesbrough we will see a surprise selection. JM likes a gamble, so we will either start the team that played the second half against Norwich or go for a reverse wonky with Lamela covering for Sess marauding on the left and Aurier/Foyth tucking in on the right. Verts and Dele look shattered to me a na rest .So a possible team against Soton who have lots of fast forwards might be:

...............................Gazza............................

.......Aurier..............Sanchez..........Toby/Tanganga

Sissoko.....................Dier/Winks.....................Sess

....................Eriksen...........NDombele.........Lamela

...........................Kane...........................

Moura, Dele, LoCelso off the bench if needed. Play our usual containing (i.e. brick) first half and have plenty of fresh legs against a tiring Soton second half.

I would like to see Tanganga play as well. I read that his contract is out in the summer. So it seems he is assessing whether he can get real game time before signing on again. He looked good in pre-season.

So I would maybe pick your team but with Aurier out.

------------------------------Gazza-----------------------------------------

-------Sanchez-----------Toby---------------Tanganga-------------

--KWP------------------Dier----Ndombele---------------------Sess

---------------Moura---------------------------Dele--------------------
----------------------------------Kane--------------------------------------

No Sessegnon for me not quite ready and it shows, offering very little going forward and don't know how good he is at left back. Put Vertonghen back in alongside Alderweireld and Dier back in front of the back 4. Keep the back 4 tight and leave the attacking side of things to Ndombele and the front 4.

-----------------------Gazzaniga---------------------
Aurier--Alderweireld--Vertonghen--Rose
---------------------Dier---------Ndombele--------
-----------Son-----------Dele------------Eriksen--
----------------------------Kane-------------------------
Subs:
Whiteman, Sessegnon, Sanchez, Winks, Sissoko, Lamela, Moura

No Sessegnon for me not quite ready and it shows, offering very little going forward and don't know how good he is at left back. Put Vertonghen back in alongside Alderweireld and Dier back in front of the back 4. Keep the back 4 tight and leave the attacking side of things to Ndombele and the front 4.

-----------------------Gazzaniga---------------------
Aurier--Alderweireld--Vertonghen--Rose
---------------------Dier---------Ndombele--------
-----------Son-----------Dele------------Eriksen--
----------------------------Kane-------------------------
Subs:
Whiteman, Sessegnon, Sanchez, Winks, Sissoko, Lamela, Moura
Son is suspended fella

....................Gazzaniga

Foyth.... Sanchez.. Alderweireld...Vertonghen

............... Ndombele..Dier

......Lo Celso...Dele.. Sessegnon

.......................Kane

Going forward, I quite like that line up and shape ( except with Son for Sess of course!). However today, with the third game in a week, I think there is likely to be a lot of fatigue in some players. Verts, Dele and Toby especially. I am pretty certain Sissoko will start to bring his energy today ( probably in place of LoCelso) . I would also drop Verts and put Sess there with Lamela coming in to help him over that side.

Going forward, I quite like that line up and shape ( except with Son for Sess of course!). However today, with the third game in a week, I think there is likely to be a lot of fatigue in some players. Verts, Dele and Toby especially. I am pretty certain Sissoko will start to bring his energy today ( probably in place of LoCelso) . I would also drop Verts and put Sess there with Lamela coming in to help him over that side.

Son is suspended still. I can see the sense in playing Sissoko RWF today. I am sure that we will see a lot of the ever presents not start on Sunday.

This will be another must-win match for us. After the disappointing draw with Norwich, we badly need to get back to winning ways. We will be facing Liverpool and Emirates Marketing Project in our next 4 matches. So, we need to improve our performance and results before then. But it won't be easy as we are playing away and Southampton has just beaten Chelsea away recently. We lost to Southampton away last season. So, we need to lift our perfomance if we want to beat Southampton away in this match.

We need all our attacking players be clinical in front of goal. We cannot be wasting open chances which was costly against Norwich. We need Kane, Alli, Moura, Lamela and Eriksen to make use of any goal scoring chances. Want us to try long range shots more instead of trying to dribble into goal. I think Eriksen and Lamela should start this match. They will improve our creativity which has been lacking recently. Lo Celso or Sessegnon can come on later in the match as needed.

Our midfield need to step up their game. We are being outplayed by almost all the teams in recent matches. Boom shaka laka a established defensive midfielder who can control the midfield. Until then, we need the likes of Ndombele and SIssoko to lift their game and help us win the midfield battle. Still not convinced of Dier and Winks who are too error-prone.

Our defence have become really bad this season. We look capable of conceding goals every time being attacked. I think the only way we can improve our defending is to put Alderweireld and Vertonghen back together in defence. Others like Sanchez and Foyth makes too many unforced errors. Also, not sure why Mourinho likes Aurier so much. Aurier always makes stupid mistakes which causes panic in our defence. Wish Lloris can come come back soon as Gazzaniga has started to make costly mistakes in goal.

Can see this being another tense match for us. Southampton always lift their game against us. We need to make use of our goal scoring chances to kill them off. Let's hope we will turn up with the right team and mentality to beat Southampton and get back into the top 4 race.

Everybody dance now!

Wish we can have all our players fully fit. We need to stop the bad habit of conceding goals within 5 minutes of the start and end of each half. It will help us greatly if we can score an early goal but we need to get the magical third goal to kill the game off. Let's hope we will start the new year and decade in winning form by beating Southampton to move up the league table.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50908727

MATCH FACTS
Head-to-head
  • Southampton's 2-1 victory last season ended a run of six consecutive home league games without a win against Spurs.
  • Tottenham have won 11 of the 15 league meetings since Southampton returned to the top flight in 2012 - their most victories in that period against any Premier League club.
Southampton
  • Southampton's tally of 13 points from the past seven rounds of fixtures is only bettered by Liverpool and Manchester United.
  • Their only two Premier League home wins this season were against the current bottom two sides, Watford and Norwich City.
  • Saints are looking to avoid equalling their club top-flight record of 16 consecutive home fixtures without a clean sheet, set from March 1998 to January 1999.
  • Danny Ings has scored half of his team's 24 league goals this season, the highest proportion of any player in the top flight.
Tottenham Hotspur
  • Since Jose Mourinho took over as head coach, only Liverpool have won more Premier League points than the 16 by Spurs.
  • It is a year to the day since Tottenham last kept a clean sheet away from home in the league, in a 3-0 win over Cardiff.
  • They have conceded a goal in 17 successive away league matches, their longest top-flight run without a clean sheet since April 1976 to April 1977.
  • Spurs haven't lost their first league game of a calendar year since 2009, winning eight and drawing two.
  • Harry Kane has scored in six consecutive league appearances against Southampton - only three players have had longer streaks versus a single Premier League opponent, led by Robin van Persie's eight-match run against Stoke.

Happy New year to you guys & girls.
A must win game and you guys are still pussy footing on page 2 of this OMT.
Anyway, had a great NY eve on our rooftop.
3 Spurs supporting couples came over from Mombasa, which is about 40 kms from our house.
They stayed over for the night in our 3 spare bedrooms.
Also had 2 couples who own villas here on the beach. They are both pilots. One with Qatar and the other with Turkish. These airlines have direct flights from Doha and Istanbul to Mombasa.
They are "soft" Spurs supporters. Don't seem to support any club in the PL.
They are more into golf, fishing and game drives.
We severed a roast leg of lamb with fresh mint sauce from the wife's herb garden.
Also a full fillet of prime aged beef with fresh homemade peppercorn sauce.
Both were accompanied with roast potatoes, my special corn on the cob, and a Mediterranean salad complete with sumac and pomegranate molasses sauce.
Needless to say we had wine, bubbly, bloody Mary and Tusker lager.
Finished at about 1am.
Woke up at around 11am.
People went for a swim in the ocean / swimming pool.
Not in the mood to cook again today. So will use the left over lamb and steak to make toasted sandwiches. Will add some sliced olives, jalapenos etc. if someone needs.
The game is at 6pm our time. Ready for more food and drinks.
MUST WIN GAME.
Coys

3 Spurs supporting couples came over from Mombasa, which is about 40 kms from our house.
Also had 2 couples who own villas here on the beach. They are both pilots. One with Qatar and the other with Turkish. These airlines have direct flights from Doha and Istanbul to Mombasa.
We severed a roast leg of lamb with fresh mint sauce from the wife's herb garden.
Both were accompanied with roast potatoes, my special corn on the cob, and a Mediterranean salad complete with sumac and pomegranate molasses sauce.
Finished at about 1am.
Woke up at around 11am.
Not in the mood to cook again today. So will use the left over lamb and steak to make toasted sandwiches. Will add some sliced olives, jalapenos etc. if someone needs.
MUST WIN GAME.
Coys

It's a fudging hard life.

Finished at about 1am.
Woke up at around 11am.
MUST WIN GAME.
Coys

Ah, yes, this is the perfect pre-match build up. We'll hammer them! Kane will score at least one hat-trick. :D

Back