• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lawro the Twunt says... 2019/20

"There is no love lost between these two teams, and no-one has ever been able to tell me why the two sets of fans detest each other so much."

Jaisus floggin' Morphy. Is this the densest block of wood ever created? What a fcukwit. Just calling him that gives fcukwits a bad name.

Tottenham v Brighton (12:30 GMT)

Tottenham were out-thought tactically by Chelsea on Sunday, could not get control of the game in midfield and finished up well beaten.

Brighton, meanwhile, became Sheffield United's latest victims on the road, and have now won only one of their past seven matches.

It is Spurs who I am expecting to see a response from here, but Jose Mourinho will have to sort his midfield out for that to happen.

Lawro's prediction: 3-0

Norwich v Tottenham

Norwich made lots of chances in their defeat by Aston Villa but, not for the first time this season, they finished empty handed.

The Canaries will think they can get at Spurs too but, unless they improve defensively, this will probably end up with a familiar outcome for Daniel Farke's side.

Lawro's prediction: 0-2

Southampton v Tottenham

Tottenham are a bit of a conundrum.

It's taken Jose Mourinho a lot longer to mould Spurs into the team he wants - and it may only really happen when he has brought in players he wants.

I feel they do have so much quality that if they get it right against Southampton, who are on a nice little run, then they will win comfortably.

Lawro's prediction: 0-2

He is a consistent piece of brick isn’t he ?

King of Twuntdom

Imagination of doctor Parnassus’s rectum, logic of diarrhea-and I’m being kind

Tottenham might find it tough against Middlesbrough too. They will be without Harry Kane (hamstring) and were not having a good time of it anyway.

Spurs boss Jose Mourinho will have to be careful in this tie - I was at Deepdale on Wednesday when Boro beat Preston and they are a strong team physically, with plenty of height in their attack, and they have found a bit of form too.

Middlesbrough v Tottenham 1-1*
* Away team to win at home in the replay

Watford v Tottenham (12:30 GMT)

Watford are still going well under Nigel Pearson, while Tottenham just look a bit all over the place.

Jose Mourinho's side were better in the second half against Liverpool last week, caused quite a few problems and might have nicked a point.

But this is a tough game for Spurs. Watford boss Nigel Pearson is trying to ensure his side do not ease up after climbing out of the drop zone, because there are teams down there who are floundering.

The ball is rolling for the Hornets a bit now, which obviously helps, and Pearson just wants to keep this run going, but they will no doubt have a day soon where they mess up, don't play well, and end up beaten.

I don't think that will happen on Saturday, though, because Spurs are below their best.

It is going to be interesting to see how Mourinho approaches things without Harry Kane. In that scenario last season, they used Son Heung-min and Lucas Moura, but they were very much operating on the counter-attack.

One of the problems Spurs have got while Kane is injured is, if they cannot counter-attack, they struggle to break teams down - purely and simply because there is no-one to hold the ball up for them.

Lawro's prediction: 1-1

Back