• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

This boards view on *alleged* racist behaviour

Or just instruct a coloured Spurs player to "hear" racist abuse from the home fans at Stamford Bridge when we play them and then make a big fuss of it? :oops: Probably doesn't have to make it up either. o_O

(for the record, this is meant as a joke)
I'll assume language barrier here, but certainly in the UK and the US that's not been a word we use in this context for some time now.

There's a fella on SC who knows the bloke who threw the banana skin. He has utterly condemned him as an idiot who shouldn't be allowed into another football match and says the behaviour is unacceptable. But he said it wasn't in any way racist. The fella bent down and threw the first thing that came to hand. In this case it just happened to be a banana skin. He's Greek too so, while he could still be racist, he's certainly not the "Britain for British" type of racist.

I know that's not conclusive proof or anything and it's despicable behaviour either way.
Don’t judge.. but I once lobbed a plastic bottle thrown at me by Everton fans back when my seat was right next to the away fans
Obviously wasn’t racist but was exactly what the guy says about the banana, instinctive

I don't doubt that it's true; it probably was an accident and just what came to hand re. The banana incident. At the same time, what on earth is aubameyang supposed to think.

There's no way to prove a negative - it's not possible to prove that wasn't rudigers perception. All this investigation nonsense going on doesn't make spurs look anti racist at all it just makes us look petty.

One statement which says that we aren't punishing any individual fans due to lack of evidence and that spurs will continue trying to foster an antidiscriminatory environment is job done and we can leave it there.

The only thing that allegedly happened here was that one singular person made an animal noise. The real problems really aren't in any football stadium in this country and overly focusing on it distracts from more important anti-racist endeavours elsewhere

Sent from my GM1910 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

You can't really explain away a banana throwing incident, just have to take that on the chin regardless of whether it was racially motivated or not.

However we should not accept the Rudiger claims and the trial by media that followed should no evidence to support his position be found

You can't really explain away a banana throwing incident, just have to take that on the chin regardless of whether it was racially motivated or not.

However we should not accept the Rudiger claims and the trial by media that followed should no evidence to support his position be found

my argument is based on the logic that evidence after the event doesn't need to be found for said event to have taken place. it just means we can't prove it.

in rudiger's perception, this is the crowd that throws banana skins at black players of rival teams. rudiger is getting a lot of stick and just got one of their players sent off. it sounds a bit like monkey sounds. what is he supposed to think?

I don't doubt that it's true; it probably was an accident and just what came to hand re. The banana incident. At the same time, what on earth is aubameyang supposed to think.

There's no way to prove a negative - it's not possible to prove that wasn't rudigers perception. All this investigation nonsense going on doesn't make spurs look anti racist at all it just makes us look petty.

One statement which says that we aren't punishing any individual fans due to lack of evidence and that spurs will continue trying to foster an antidiscriminatory environment is job done and we can leave it there.

The only thing that allegedly happened here was that one singular person made an animal noise. The real problems really aren't in any football stadium in this country and overly focusing on it distracts from more important anti-racist endeavours elsewhere

Sent from my GM1910 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I am no doubt missing your point, but why does it make us look petty? In order to follow up on the claim, and find out whether any individual was making racist noises, the club have to investigate it. How can they get to the statement you suggest, without first investigating (video evidence, lip readers, asking for any witness accounts)?
I suspect they also have to give feedback to the PL and other authorities before issuing any final statemet on the topic.

Re you last point, yes I think most people would agree that this is a problem much wider than football.

my argument is based on the logic that evidence after the event doesn't need to be found for said event to have taken place. it just means we can't prove it.

in rudiger's perception, this is the crowd that throws banana skins at black players of rival teams. rudiger is getting a lot of stick and just got one of their players sent off. it sounds a bit like monkey sounds. what is he supposed to think?

While your first statement is of course true i think that in this instance for a player to single out one or two lone voices from a crowd baying for his blood whilst on the pitch when a team of officials tasked with identifying those same voices with the benefit of multiple angles/recordings etc come up with nothing then i think fair is fair and we are able to say the likelihood is he misheard

Anyone found out anything about the racism he alleged against Roma fans, where the investigation also found zero evidence of it?

Was it brushed under the carpet by uefa or did he imagine it that night too?

Your second point is contradicted by the first, we have to investigate to release the statement of no evidence.

A club any club will investigate to chuck and guilty party out and so they should, if however there is no evidence and it maybe proves Rudiger was wrong should that info not come to light? Or should we just investigate to prove racism and not to be sure?

You don't get rid of racism by calling racist first and checking facts after.

Anyone found out anything about the racism he alleged against Roma fans, where the investigation also found zero evidence of it?

Was it brushed under the carpet by uefa or did he imagine it that night too?

From what I’ve read, he didn’t make any claims. The claims were made by fans, not the club or the player.

If there is no truth to it and the club find that is the case then we should make a deal of it and not just sit back and let the rumour spread.

I'll assume language barrier here, but certainly in the UK and the US that's not been a word we use in this context for some time now.

I didn't realise that, so yes, language barrier. No offense meant of course. (for those that might've been offended)

Don’t judge.. but I once lobbed a plastic bottle thrown at me by Everton fans back when my seat was right next to the away fans
Obviously wasn’t racist but was exactly what the guy says about the banana, instinctive
It was if you threw it at a black guy.

Does Twitter still have the DHOTY (it Didn’t Happen - Of The Year) Award?

Im nominated Rudiger anyway. Massive massive liar.

Back