• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

What if we did and they didn't show anything? Aren't we also jumping ahead of ourselves a little here and deciding that there is a big issue here. We also need to remember that Mourinho has a track record of throwing players under the bus to stamp his authority on the team, we could be seeing that.

He's clearly a very good player, who is struggling to adapt to the physicality of the league. The poor start to our season and the change in manager is not going to help.

It's not new.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.th...ele-complete-midfielder-focus-spurs-tottenham

Concerns over his nonchalance, attitude to fitness and weight problems were public knowledge before we signed him. Disappointingly, six months on, those concerns have not lessened.

Mourinho is less forgiving of these foibles than Poch was, that's true. But these problems we're seeing are not new to Ndombele.

What scares me more than Ndombele's caution, however (which could well be warranted), is that we seem to be regressing from the days when 'aggressivity' and desire were the hallmarks of our team under Poch. Back then, we were hungry, passionate, fiery and committed - the team hummed with unity, purpose and a willingness to run through brick walls.

Now..well, we've seen the laxity of the team this season. Ndombele's fitness labors and reluctance to play. The petulance, the red cards, the bizarre self-destruction, constantly folding like a pack of cards against our Big Six rivals.

We're losing that mentality that was all that separated us from some of the more ignominious, spineless sides of our past. If Mourinho feels that an iron rod will bring that mentality back, so be it - because it is the most important weapon we have.

What scares me more than Ndombele's caution, however (which could well be warranted), is that we seem to be regressing from the days when 'aggressivity' and desire were the hallmarks of our team under Poch. Back then, we were hungry, passionate, fiery and committed - the team hummed with unity, purpose and a willingness to run through brick walls.

Now..well, we've seen the laxity of the team this season. Ndombele's fitness labors and reluctance to play. The petulance, the red cards, the bizarre self-destruction, constantly folding like a pack of cards against our Big Six rivals.

We're losing that meteorology that was all that separated us from some of the more ignominious, spineless sides of our past. If Mourinho feels that an iron rod will bring that meteorology back, so be it - because it is the most important weapon we have.

I think it is down to the makeup of the squad. We need new players, younger with more hunger and physical energy to match.

I would love to see kalvin Phillips in our midfield.

Really think we need a squad overall. Someone like skipp should be starting more.

He probably doesn’t like the the life here or some other snowflakeyness.
Bloody hard to weed these types out at the procurement stage I can see that.

Well let's assume this is what it looks like (and it may not be). Ndombele is clearly one of our most talented players. He gets the ball forward quickly and he can dribble not unlike Dembele. But he is lazy or at least lackadaisical at times. There have been numerous instances, the Bayern game at home was the biggest one. Now let's say Ndombele has an attitude problem where he isn't going to put everything into it like Kane, for example, did yesterday. Sort of like Daniel Sturridge syndrome.

What should Jose do? Try to change him to realise the benefits of his undoubted talent? Decide he's not got what it takes to be a winner and get rid?

I do realise that there is a lot of supposition in there and I've just given two extreme courses of action. It's just for the sake of debate.

Some new comments from Mourinho today regarding Ndombele - have a lot more positive spin on them than yesterday.

José Mourinho hopes ‘honest’ Tanguy Ndombele can face Norwich
• France midfielder ruled himself out of Brighton match
• ‘I hope he can say: I’m ready to help the team’

José Mourinho hopes that Tanguy Ndombele feels ready to ease Tottenham’s midfield crisis after missing the Boxing Day victory over Brighton & Hove Albion, with Harry Winks and Moussa Sissoko suspended for Saturday afternoon’s trip to Norwich City.

Ndombele asked to be left out of the squad against Brighton after telling Mourinho he was not in the right condition to play. While the £55m midfielder shook off a groin injury in time to face Chelsea last Sunday, he is worried about suffering further setbacks as he works towards regaining full match fitness. However Spurs are short of midfielders after Winks and Sissoko picked up their fifth bookings of the season against Brighton and Mourinho, who has Eric Dier and Oliver Skipp also competing for selection, wants Ndombele to make himself available.

“I think Ndombele was honest,” Mourinho said. “Football players like to play football. For him to say I don’t feel confident, I don’t feel in the best condition due to my previous injuries, he was just being honest. Today we had solutions. We had Dier, we had Winks, we have Skipp, who is a great kid fighting to improve, for a place. Today we had solutions. Against Norwich less solutions. But let’s see. I hope after training he can come back to me and say, ‘I’m ready to help the team’.”

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...hopes-honest-tanguy-ndombele-can-face-norwich

Just to add to that... Kane, Alli and some others showed yesterday what it takes. That's the level required. I'm happy enough with Ndombele taking some time to adjust, but he needs to get with the programme.
Agree and he can have all the talent in the world but he wouldn’t last at any of the top clubs if he doesn’t have the mentality, or even more so the fitness. It’s been constantly mentioned in the match threads how he’s been blowing out of his backside after five minutes and unless he improves his fitness he will be sold before long which would be sad to see for a player with such ability but completely understandable at the same time....

Ffs! The sporting culture is fudging broken when a player being concerned about his health and sharing it with the manager, is considered a character issue that must be called out. Get a fudging grip!

Crazy is what it is, guesswork and speculation and so the rumours start.

He probably doesn’t like the the life here or some other snowflakeyness.
Bloody hard to weed these types out at the procurement stage I can see that.

More to the point, a mercurial talent who needs a certain level of confidence is trying to adapt, sees the manager he signed for sacked, and is finding his way through a tumultuous first season. I, too, like a player who puts their balls on the line, but lets give him a break for a season before we pile in shall we? I think he will turn out to be excellent if handled properly; he clearly does things with the ball that no other player in our squad can...

Back