• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Davinson Sanchez

He was poor when he had to cover spaces, he pushed up too far and tight to their attackers. I though did well blocking their shots he had at least 2 goal bound shots blocked and good on all the setpieces.

He needs guidance, he needs to understand that doesn't need to be so tight. One of their attacks only happened because his poor positioning. He recovered well but it was unnecessary.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

Have we been watching different games? I thought he did well today - yes, he got beaten once by (I think) Jota, and he gave the ball away twice, but otherwise, he made a brick-ton of interceptions, blocks, and headers, and his recovery pace was vital in keeping our six-yard box secure on Wolves' endless breakaways.

He's basically a younger, slightly shakier version of Lucio from Mourinho's Inter - if I recall correctly, the reason Mourinho asked Inter to buy Lucio is because he wanted recovery pace at the back, and Lucio had that in spades, even if he wasn't the most technically proficient (couldn't pass if his life depended on it) or tactically aware (as seen by the subsequent season, when Lucio got destroyed trying to play Rafa's high line).

Sanchez is basically the same player, just younger. And I think he had a good game today.
I thought he looked fine

Lacks composure and concentration. Good speed and recovery but those are sometimes required to recover from a problem caused by him.
Yeah, those few seconds where Dier and [Jan or Toby] went for the same header, it ran to Sissoko who shinned it to Sanchez, who chested it to the Wolves striker, jeez.
But to be fair Sanchez sprinted back and made a triple block to thwart Jota.

Sad to see this players thread being on page 3. He’s been looking much more solid and like his old self of late, Mourinho could be helping him here and also like him next to the experienced head of Toby. Hopefully he continues to improve and become consistent....

He had ANOTHER good game yesterday and is starting to look a very good player now he is getting a run of games.

He had ANOTHER good game yesterday and is starting to look a very good player now he is getting a run of games.
I think he's arguably been our best CB under Jose. He just needs to understand that he doesn't always need to be so tight to the forwards when covering counter attacking space.

Otherwise he's been quite consistently good.

Edit:

Checked and 'best CB' was in there, the mods have changed that to 'Bacon Sandwich'. [emoji1787][emoji1787]

Last edited:
I think he's arguably been a bacon sandwich under Jose. He just needs to understand that he doesn't always need to be so tight to the forwards when covering counter attacking space.

Otherwise he's been quite consistently good.

Sorry but what does a bacon sandwich mean??, or is it the Mods playing kids games again.

But i do agree about him getting too close on occasions, but as i have said before he is still young ' 23) and with the right coaching can overcome that.

His weakness on the ball is still there, and still a weakness. Honestly, I think it will hold him back from being an all-round world-class CB.

But I said he could be Mourinho's Lucio from Inter, and I stand by that - he can be the pacy-yet-technically-limited hard man to complement Toby's organizational and technical skills.

Sorry but what does a bacon sandwich mean??, or is it the Mods playing kids games again.

But i do agree about him getting too close on occasions, but as i have said before he is still young ' 23) and with the right coaching can overcome that.

Hah I have no idea what my auto correct was doing [emoji52]

I wrote "arguably the best CB under Mourinho"

His weakness on the ball is still there, and still a weakness. Honestly, I think it will hold him back from being an all-round world-class CB.

But I said he could be Mourinho's Lucio from Inter, and I stand by that - he can be the pacy-yet-technically-limited hard man to complement Toby's organizational and technical skills.

Still of the same opinion after yesterday's horror show?

In his year at Spurs he outperformed pretty much everyone's expectations. He was really good

In the last 18 months he's been a lot weaker, particularly this season, and his performance yesterday was a shocker. That said, the team has got progressively worse in that time

He's very limited on the ball though is only 23 and if partnered by a ball-playing CB then can still become a top, top CB. In my view, he's not going to ever have TA's ability on the ball but I'd like to see him dominate aerial duels more - like Michael Dawson with a bit of pace!

In his year at Spurs he outperformed pretty much everyone's expectations. He was really good

In the last 18 months he's been a lot weaker, particularly this season, and his performance yesterday was a shocker. That said, the team has got progressively worse in that time

He's very limited on the ball though is only 23 and if partnered by a ball-playing CB then can still become a top, top CB. In my view, he's not going to ever have TA's ability on the ball but I'd like to see him dominate aerial duels more - like Michael Dawson with a bit of pace!

I can understand wanting a player to succeed - believe me no one wants it more than me. Like you I was blown away during his first year but now i realise that he looked good because of the midfield screen he had in front of him - and even then brain farts were not uncommon. If, as you correctly say, we have got progressively worse since then, as a defender he will shine even more as he will be constantly in the limelight - as Ledley was during the bad old days. The problem with Sanchez is his basic technique and concentration; his inability to hold off a strong striker. his misreading of high balls, his constant ball watching leaving his opponent free at corners and free kicks, his tinkle poor distribution and his irritating tendency to fall over every game - someone said Bambi on ice - allowing his player a free run on goal.

If Mourinho can make that into another Lucio he should change his name to David Copperfield (the magician). More likely we will see him shipped out next summer while his stock is still reasonably high. It is no coincidence that Mou targetted him in the UEFA Cup final...

Incredible how Poch decided he was the one to sign from Ajax rather than throw in another 20 mill for a genuine world class talent like De Ligt....

The problem with Sanchez is his basic technique and concentration; his inability to hold off a strong striker. his misreading of high balls, his constant ball watching leaving his opponent free at corners and free kicks, his tinkle poor distribution and his irritating tendency to fall over every game - someone said Bambi on ice - allowing his player a free run on goal.

The bolded parts which you mentioned are exactly what I flag - given his size he needs to become a more dominating CB. There's many other technically limited CBs who have had excellent top flight careers by dominating a CF and in the air: Dawson, Terry, Adams, Harry Maguire, Hummels, Pique, Desailly....and you could list dozens more. Sanchez needs to use his size and become more physical

Incredible how Poch decided he was the one to sign from Ajax rather than throw in another 20 mill for a genuine world class talent like De Ligt....

Probably not his decision

Back