• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

This boards view on *alleged* racist behaviour

I was listening to Jim White and Simon Jordan (who is excellent, considered and very straight talking on the radio by the way).

There was a chap called in who sits in the alleged area. To put it in context this fella explained that he is a black guy and has been going to Spurs for about 50 years. He HAS heard racism on the terraces in the past but doesn't hear it now. In fact he said that if there is any racism it is stamped on by the crowd and not tolerated at all. He then went on to say that Rudiger was booed, which could have been misconstrued as monkey noises (which makes sense). He pointed out that there are black, white, Asian, oriental, arabic, jewish, muslim, christian and all other races and religions on our terraces. As a result he believes we are probably one of the most ethnically diverse clubs and I struggle to disagree with anything he said.

He finished off with the fact that the irony being it is Chelsea calling racism on us.

I heard that call. It was excellent.

Crack on lads it's all good to call black people piccaninnies - just explain to those silly darkies they haven't got the context right

Outrageously patronising. By your own logic, only a racist would ever use the phrase "silly darkies", and no Spurs fan should ever use the word Yid. Johnson attacked those who see themselves as modern day imperialists, "Big white chiefs" (his words) expecting Africans to act with servile gratitude - as if they were still slaves.... or "silly darkies" (your words).

To turn that round and pretend that the article was racist is perverse - and your use of an insulting phrase means that you have just speared yourself with your own argument . Enough already.

Crack on lads it's all good to call black people piccaninnies - just explain to those silly darkies they haven't got the context right

Outrageously patronising. By your own logic, only a racist would ever use the phrase "silly darkies", and no Spurs fan should ever use the word Yid. Johnson attacked those who see themselves as modern day imperialists, "Big white chiefs" (his words) expecting Africans to act with servile gratitude - as if they were still slaves.... or "silly darkies" (your words).

To turn that round and pretend that the article was racist is perverse - and your use of an insulting phrase means that you have just speared yourself with your own argument . Enough already.
Racist.

Would a non-racist person do this:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...-burma-rudyard-kipling-mandalay-a7975246.html

From Kipling's Mandalay:

I am sick o' wastin' leather on these gritty pavin'-stones,
An' the blasted English drizzle wakes the fever in my bones;
Tho' I walks with fifty 'ousemaids outer Chelsea to the Strand,
An' they talks a lot o' lovin', but wot do they understand?
Beefy face an' grubby 'and -
Law! wot do they understand?
I've a neater, sweeter maiden in a cleaner, greener land!
On the road to Mandalay...

From Kipling's Mandalay:

I am sick o' wastin' leather on these gritty pavin'-stones,
An' the blasted English drizzle wakes the fever in my bones;
Tho' I walks with fifty 'ousemaids outer Chelsea to the Strand,
An' they talks a lot o' lovin', but wot do they understand?
Beefy face an' grubby 'and -
Law! wot do they understand?
I've a neater, sweeter maiden in a cleaner, greener land!
On the road to Mandalay...
I get that poetry is there for us all to take what we choose from it, but I read that poem as follows:

I'm fed up with walking around London,
The weather here is brick,
I stick it in plenty of housemaids here,
But they're not very attractive we don't share a real connection,
I am in love with a woman in a far better place,
On the road to Mandalay.

Last edited:
That's the letter by JimB that I posted yesterday. Harry Hotspur wasn't on the mailing list so the "this was received this morning" can be taken for what it's worth.

I wonder if the reportage will be as fair in return now it appears there is no evidence?

Regardless, again I am proud to see how quickly we were out of the blocks doing the right thing as a club and supporters. I think
we have shown ourselves to be the club of class and integrity that we always have been.

Meanwhile, Fatty is too busy using the whole
thing as a reason Rudiger is apparently beyond criticism for his behaviour and cheat reactions. Which is disgraceful. Really disgraceful. Whether he was abused or not, it is not a free pass to act like a clown shoe.

NB, "walking off the pitch" should not be used IF a player like Rudiger can identify the guy at the time, i.e. walk over with the ref and say "that guy there" then that guy can be ejected/questioned.

Teams should only walk off if it is a whole section of fans, so nobody could miss the abuse, then that whole section can be told to completely stop or be ejected, then the teams continue.

What logic is this? There isn't much logic in my one post on this subject. I don't care whether that article was racist or not. I care that my prime minister IS a racist and that's a far more problematic topic in my opinion.

I'm not interested in arguing this with you. It seems like you care a lot about it, and it means it will be far too much work for the both of us, especially as I imagine neither of us are likely to change our minds.

Wait for it.....

Enough already.

Sent from my GM1910 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

NB, "walking off the pitch" should not be used IF a player like Rudiger can identify the guy at the time, i.e. walk over with the ref and say "that guy there" then that guy can be ejected/questioned.
Perfect, I think you just expressed what I was trying to say, when I emailed one of the papers just now:
In the furore around the alleged incident of racist chanting at Tottenham last weekend, it is clear that the current “in-game” protocols are completely inappropriate.

The protocols assume that there is mass chanting – that substantial numbers of people are joining in a racist chant. Hence the referee stopping the game, speaking to the Captains, and appeals to the crowd on the tannoy.

But when the alleged incident comprises one or two racist individuals, this is using a massive sledgehammer to try to crack a nut. Perhaps a better response would be for the player to point out the area where he believes he heard the racist shouting coming from, to stewards, or police so they know exactly where to review the footage to identify the guilty fans, who can then be dealt with?

Is it known yet whether Rudgier heard something or saw something (or both?).

If he saw something, I'd imagine this is extremely easy to locate any guilty party making monkey gestures.

If he heard something, then that is trickier with all the other noise going on. FWIW booing really doesn't have the sound profile of monkey chants. 'Who let the Yids out' certainly does, especially to a person whom doesn't know of the existence of that chant in the first place. ie 'it can only be monkey noises'

IMO other people in that area would most certainly put our differences with Chelsea aside and 'shop' anyone acting or saying such b.ollocks.

I've personally never witnessed anyone at Spurs be racist towards a black player.

I'm not sure how this will play out IF zero evidence is found when all parties have finalised their investigation? As the media have gone in two-footed and rowing back is not in their nature (or more likely they've moved on to the next sensationalist bullsh.it story).

https://theboyhotspur.com/witness-s...r-incident/amp/#click=https://t.co/a5Owwuov1A

If he saw something, I'd imagine this is extremely easy to locate any guilty party making monkey gestures.

If he heard something, then that is trickier with all the other noise going on. FWIW booing really doesn't have the sound profile of monkey chants. 'Who let the Yids out' certainly does, especially to a person whom doesn't know of the existence of that chant in the first place. ie 'it can only be monkey noises'

IMO other people in that area would most certainly put our differences with Chelsea aside and 'shop' anyone acting or saying such b.ollocks.

I've personally never witnessed anyone at Spurs be racist towards a black player.

I'm not sure how this will play out IF zero evidence is found when all parties have finalised their investigation? As the media have gone in two-footed and rowing back is not in their nature (or more likely they've moved on to the next sensationalist bullsh.it story).
The answer to all of the above is NO

nothing since the initial response has been reported as being found or identified

There is the link I’ve posted above however to someone as a “witness”

https://theboyhotspur.com/witness-s...r-incident/amp/#click=https://t.co/a5Owwuov1A
The answer to all of the above is NO

nothing since the initial response has been reported as being found or identified

There is the link I’ve posted above however to someone as a “witness”
What about the the heard something, saw something, or both? Which has Rudgier claimed?

Good point re the 'cheat cheat cheat' chant definitely could be misinterpreted as monkey sounds.

What about the the heard something, saw something, or both? Which has Rudgier claimed?

Good point re the 'cheat cheat cheat' chant definitely could be misinterpreted as monkey sounds.

I thought it was something he heard rather than saw. I think it has become a bit confused because Rudiger himself did a “monkey gesture” and then pointed to his ear. So presumably to describe what he heard. But I’m only basing that on the first reports I heard after the game.

I thought it was something he heard rather than saw. I think it has become a bit confused because Rudiger himself did a “monkey gesture” and then pointed to his ear. So presumably to describe what he heard. But I’m only basing that on the first reports I heard after the game.
I think that's the most likely explanation.

Having watched the game back I was surprised the lack of abuse Rudgier did get considering the usual fans reaction to a player 'seen' to of got a (or contributed to a) player sent off.

Afaik this is the only alleged confirmation from a spurs fan (he says he reported what he heard to the club if you read the replies) so I'd guess the clubs focusing on blocks 251 and surrounding (anyone on here from those blocks who may have seen/heard what he says he did?)

Other than that, the only action so far is against the Chelsea fan who abused Son. On anything else it's all gone very quiet.

Back