• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

This boards view on *alleged* racist behaviour

Not quite lower standards, just less "ability appropriate" education.

Back in the good old days* people who weren't cut out for education got to learn a trade through which they could carve a career. Now they end up stuck in education learning neither and leave school wondering why they're unemployable. I'd imagine that contributes to some of the backward thinking that goes into that abuse.

*Not really

Agreed on all that mate.

The irony is that if you Google “Chelsea racist fan” you will see that there are press releases going back years... to the last 2 hours or so where they “allegedly” abused Son. Not condoning any racism from Tottenham, if true, but maybe the press need to zoom in a little bit on the club that has been spouting racist bile for decades.

The irony is that if you Google “Chelsea racist fan” you will see that there are press releases going back yeas... to the last 2 hours or so where they “allegedly” abused Son. Not condoning any racism from Tottenham, if true, but maybe the press need to zoom in a little bit on the club that has been spouting racist bile for decades.
But David Baddiel says otherwise.

Apparently we're the real racists.

The irony is that if you Google “Chelsea racist fan” you will see that there are press releases going back years... to the last 2 hours or so where they “allegedly” abused Son. Not condoning any racism from Tottenham, if true, but maybe the press need to zoom in a little bit on the club that has been spouting racist bile for decades.
They have been (along with West Ham) the worst throughout my lifetime. Anyone who remembers what Paul Cannoville went through -and what we went through there with Crooks and Hughton- knows.

They were already out of their box long before that.

At the risk of sounding like @parklane1 here, social media has given a voice to those so stupid that society has spent the last few hundred years ignoring them. People of low intellect who'd achieved nothing in life have not, historically, been given a voice or a platform to air their views. Social media allows anyone to air their opinion and anyone listening is far worse off for it.

You know it makes sense. ;)

Apparently the club safety officer took it upon himself to replay the message the 2nd and 3rd times.
No I don't think that is right. The commentator on my stream said it was standard procedure to repeat it. Presumably thinking of the UEFA protocol rather than the PL protocol? All so confusing.
Note also that the MotD commentator had no clue what was going on, he missed Rudiger's actions, he missed Azpilicueta talking to the ref... as Anthony Taylor ran over to the 4th official the MotD commentator still had no clue why...
So commentators and pundits and presenters were all floundering and guessing and spraying opinions all over the bathroom floor.

No I don't think that is right. The commentator on my stream said it was standard procedure to repeat it. Presumably thinking of the UEFA protocol rather than the PL protocol? All so confusing.
Note also that the MotD commentator had no clue what was going on, he missed Rudiger's actions, he missed Azpilicueta talking to the ref... as Anthony Taylor ran over to the 4th official the MotD commentator still had no clue why...
So commentators and pundits and presenters were all floundering and guessing and spraying opinions all over the bathroom floor.

Jack Pitt Brooke was putting across the Club safety officer took the decision to replay the warning before the Club put of the statement that the ref requested it.

To me it sound like the ref came up with his own protocol. It's nothing like the UEFA/FIFa protocol and created so much confusion.

This is pretty good on it https://www.nytimes.com/aponline/20...r/ap-soc-england-racism-1st-ld-writethru.html

Just on the BBC the initial findings of the investigation into the alleged abuse are inconclusive but a Chelsea Fan has been arrested for abusing Son.
Ooooooh the irony
and they need to throw the book at Rudiger if he´s been making things up

Last edited:
I have to say IF there has been fabrication here, there have to be consequences. What a mess this all is. I am pleased that the club stood up regardless.

It'd be impossible to prove a fabrication unless Rudiger admitted it so even if it was proven that the racist abuse didn't happen, you couldn't punish him because it'd discourage others from coming forward.

For the record, I don't believe he fabricated it. I am also struggling to believe that there were monkey chants although it's not beyond the realms of possibility. My own opinion, at this point, is that he's misheard or misinterpreted something. For that, no one should be punished.

Reading SC, there is a lad who was in Block 252 claiming he heard monkey chants "as clear as day" and has reported it to the club. He's the only one I've seen so far who has been definitive on it.

It'd be impossible to prove a fabrication unless Rudiger admitted it so even if it was proven that the racist abuse didn't happen, you couldn't punish him because it'd discourage others from coming forward.

For the record, I don't believe he fabricated it. I am also struggling to believe that there were monkey chants although it's not beyond the realms of possibility. My own opinion, at this point, is that he's misheard or misinterpreted something. For that, no one should be punished.

Reading SC, there is a lad who was in Block 252 claiming he heard monkey chants "as clear as day" and has reported it to the club. He's the only one I've seen so far who has been definitive on it.
You can't conclusively prove someone was being racist but we are all happy to ban them on the evidence we have.

Someone making monkey noises could claim to have been calling a ginger an orangutan (and be fairly ignorant of taxonomy), but we would ban them as it's overwhelmingly likely they were being racist.

Equally, with all the cameras and microphones around the pitch, we should be equally able to say it's overwhelmingly likely that Rudiger was making it up and should push for a lifetime ban if that's the case.

Last edited:
You can't conclusively prove someone was being racist but we are all happy to ban them on the evidence we have.

Someone making monkey noises could claim to have been calling a ginger an orangutan (and be fairly ignorant of taxonomy), but we would likely ban them as it's overwhelmingly likely they were being racist.

Equally, with all the cameras and microphones around the pitch, we should be equally able to say it's overwhelmingly likely that Rudiger was making it up and should push for a lifetime ban if that's the case.

Even you don't believe that.

This bit:
I absolutely believe that. When it happened in Manchester there was footage of it within minutes. There is CCTV footage of every inch of the ground. I believe the club statement that we've scoured it and seen nothing to back up Rudiger's outrageous claims.

The only suitable deterrent is a lifetime ban.

have to say I’ve not heard monkey chants at a game since millwall did it to their own player in the 80s. I have heard racist comments but monkey chants are IMO quite significant and instantly recognisable
We didn’t chant the who let the yids out chant once on Sunday

have to say I’ve not heard monkey chants at a game since millwall did it to their own player in the 80s. I have heard racist comments but monkey chants are IMO quite significant and instantly recognisable
We didn’t chant the who let the yids out chant once on Sunday

I'm pretty sure I heard at least one attempt to chant "Who let the yids out" but it was in the first half from my (admittedly) hazy memory. I absolutely agree with the rest of your post.

Back