• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer window thread.

Hopefully Jose was just joking when he said we didn't want any signings

IDK, the club sided with the squad over the previous manager and the fanbase seemed to be siding with the view that the team/squad is good enough so it wouldn't surprise me if that is what Mourinho is being tasked with (making do with what he has at his disposal)

I think it’s very clear uncle Daniel wants a few outs before any more ‘ins’ of note will occur.

He wants to call time on Wanyama.

And he’s obviously wanted Rose out for some time - ever since that interview.

If Eriksen isn’t signing up, then he’ll want him out with a fee of any sort.

I presume he’d be happy for Mourinho to horse trade at right back, and let KWP and Aurier go in order to fund a proper right back.

He sanctioned a circa £100m spend last summer on 4 players, yet has seen literally the square root of sweet-fudge-all in return.

José has to have been tasked with firstly stabilising the team, but next getting a tune out of Ndombele, GLC, Sessegnon and Clarke. Personally if it were my money, I’d want to see a return on that investment as well!

Tottenham have become the latest club to be linked with long-time Aston Villa transfer target Said Benrahma.

Villa were extensively linked with a move for the Bees attacker in the summer, who played under Dean Smith at Griffin Park.

He would eventually stay with the Championship club, with some reports in the national press that he is set to extend his stay for the duration of the season.

Jose Mourinho eyes first Tottenham transfer as club 'hold talks' with Flamengo star
Tottenham are trying to get their first deal of the Jose Mourinho era over the line as they eye a Brazilian who narrowly got beaten by Liverpool at the weekend

Jose Mourinho has his sights set on his first signing as Tottenham manager as the club holds talks with Flamengo regarding a move for Gerson.

The midfielder is among the club's most expensive ever signings having returned home from Roma during the summer.

Gerson failed to impress during his year in Italy, but Mourinho remains keen on the 22-year-old and the north Londoners are hopeful of sealing a deal before the January transfer window opens.

In a bid to get the transfer done Tottenham have told Flamengo they would be prepared to let them keep Gerson until the end of the season, reports 90min .

Should they fail to get a January move done the Champions League finalists are expected to continue with their interest in the summer such is their determination to seal Gerson's signature.

Mourinho, who kept an eye on the midfielder while he was in Serie A, has given the move the green light.

Should he join he would be the third midfielder to move to Tottenham since the summer after Tanguy Ndombele was signed for a club-record fee and Giovani Lo Celso joined from Real Betis.

The former has struggled to nail down a place in the starting XI despite his hefty price tag while Lo Celso's fitness has been an issue.

Former boss Mauricio Pochettino lamented his compatriot's lack of a pre-season before he was shown the door.

Tottenham are likely to be active in the transfer window having hired Mourinho recently. The Portuguese manager is known for spending big and, while he may not enjoy the budget he has previously, is likely to do so again.

I think it’s very clear uncle Daniel wants a few outs before any more ‘ins’ of note will occur.

He wants to call time on Wanyama.

And he’s obviously wanted Rose out for some time - ever since that interview.

If Eriksen isn’t signing up, then he’ll want him out with a fee of any sort.

I presume he’d be happy for Mourinho to horse trade at right back, and let KWP and Aurier go in order to fund a proper right back.

He sanctioned a circa £100m spend last summer on 4 players, yet has seen literally the square root of sweet-fudge-all in return.

José has to have been tasked with firstly stabilising the team, but next getting a tune out of Ndombele, GLC, Sessegnon and Clarke. Personally if it were my money, I’d want to see a return on that investment as well!
In which case he needs to get real on the transfer fee and perhaps pay them up a portion of their contract or subsidise some future wages.

Tottenham have become the latest club to be linked with long-time Aston Villa transfer target Said Benrahma.

Villa were extensively linked with a move for the Bees attacker in the summer, who played under Dean Smith at Griffin Park.

He would eventually stay with the Championship club, with some reports in the national press that he is set to extend his stay for the duration of the season.

Jose Mourinho eyes first Tottenham transfer as club 'hold talks' with Flamengo star
Tottenham are trying to get their first deal of the Jose Mourinho era over the line as they eye a Brazilian who narrowly got beaten by Liverpool at the weekend

Jose Mourinho has his sights set on his first signing as Tottenham manager as the club holds talks with Flamengo regarding a move for Gerson.

The midfielder is among the club's most expensive ever signings having returned home from Roma during the summer.

Gerson failed to impress during his year in Italy, but Mourinho remains keen on the 22-year-old and the north Londoners are hopeful of sealing a deal before the January transfer window opens.

In a bid to get the transfer done Tottenham have told Flamengo they would be prepared to let them keep Gerson until the end of the season, reports 90min .

Should they fail to get a January move done the Champions League finalists are expected to continue with their interest in the summer such is their determination to seal Gerson's signature.

Mourinho, who kept an eye on the midfielder while he was in Serie A, has given the move the green light.

Should he join he would be the third midfielder to move to Tottenham since the summer after Tanguy Ndombele was signed for a club-record fee and Giovani Lo Celso joined from Real Betis.

The former has struggled to nail down a place in the starting XI despite his hefty price tag while Lo Celso's fitness has been an issue.

Former boss Mauricio Pochettino lamented his compatriot's lack of a pre-season before he was shown the door.

Tottenham are likely to be active in the transfer window having hired Mourinho recently. The Portuguese manager is known for spending big and, while he may not enjoy the budget he has previously, is likely to do so again.
So happy to see this.... I wrote my message in the Dier thread before reading that.

Memphis Depay set for new Lyon deal
Memphis Depay is set to commit his future to Lyon by signing an extension with the club.

Reports in France claim the Holland international will meet with the board as soon as this week to pen a new deal past 2021.

Depay was on the radar of a number of top clubs ahead of January but suffered a season-ending ACL injury, cooling speculation of a move away.

In which case he needs to get real on the transfer fee and perhaps pay them up a portion of their contract or subsidise some future wages.

Maybe the fees aren't the issue both seemed close to moves to Watford and Celtic in the summer and I doubt either would pay huge amounts.

IDK, the club sided with the squad over the previous manager and the fanbase seemed to be siding with the view that the team/squad is good enough so it wouldn't surprise me if that is what Mourinho is being tasked with (making do with what he has at his disposal)
I think that's a bit of a false dichotomy. It's entirely possible that Levy/the club were unhappy with parts of the squad whilst also thinking that Pochettino was no longer the right man for the job and that Mourinho was.

That doesn't necessarily mean that there will be any or much activity in January mind. It could be that for the usual reasons we're not looking to do much business. It could also be that the plan for January wasn't set in stone, but rather Mourinho would get a chance to evaluate the squad first.

It's very difficult to predict what will happen. I won't be surprised by no signings or a busy window.

I like the sound of this keeper on a free or small fee to get him in January. Lloris is good but not top level and will need to be replaced in the next couple of seasons I feel if we want to kick on for trophies.
Well Bayern want him according to Bild

And yet... in commentary they repeatedly said that Flamengo's season ended vs Liverpool, they have no more games!

Back